Awkward

Living As A K-Pop Princess [Sequel to 'Life As A K-Pop Princess']

After ordering five pizzas for the nine of us to snack on, we all sat around 2PM's living room as we ate and caught up. Samantha sat in between Mi and I, still awkward around the boys even though Taecyeon had made sure to tell her that she was gorgeous at least four different times, which would cause Junsu to smack the back of his head.

"So what's the word about SM's latest girl group? Are all the members as gorgeous as you?" Taec grinned at Samantha.

Five times.

Which made Junsu smack him on the head for the fifth time.

Samantha just shook her head, smiling sheepishly. "Aniyo...There's six other members beside the three of us, bringing us up to a total of nine members, we're supposedly the sister group of Girls' Generation, and...well that's pretty much all any of us know yet."

"Yeah, close to flippin' nothing." Mi muttered, stabbing at her pizza with her fork. I knew she still hadn't adjusted to the whole moving over to SM thing, not that I blamed her or anything. Mi wasn't really one to be left hanging in the dark. "I mean, you'd think they'd tell us something. Like when we're debuting officially or what the song will be."

I shrugged, sighing. "I don't know, Mi...Maybe they'll tell us something soon."

"So do you know your positions or anything yet?" Junsu asked, smiling at Samantha. Oh boy, I knew that smile. This man was trying to give her a heartattack.

Samantha, of course, blushed as she ducked her eyes shyly. I smiled at her, rolling my eyes at Junsu before I replied. "Well, Samantha here is our second oldest and main vocalist. Mi's the rapper and main dancer, naturally." I smiled at her as she grinned, fist-bumping Taec.

"And what about you, Chae?" Junho asked, his voice muffled by the amount of pizza in his mouth.

I smiled, shrugging. "Well...I'm still the maknae so I guess things won't be that different for me."

"Well, still. This is something to be happy about so I propose..." Junsu lifted his can of Coke, his eye-smile literally lighting up the room. "A toast! To Pandora."

"Maybe the odds be ever in our favor." Mi said, smirking as Taec and I burst out laughing. Samantha only shook her head, smiling while the foreign members looked at us in confusion.

"Yeah, well let's just hope SM isn't President Snow or we're screwed." I replied, hating that the mental picture of Lee SooMan as the gruesome leader of Panem seemed a little too real.


Late that night, I found myself wandering around my new dorm. I didn't bother any of the other members--Mi and Samantha had both been sound asleep when I'd crept out of our room, unable to sleep. I knew Key was probably trying to catch up on some sleep while he was in Japan so I didn't want to try and text him so he could get some descent rest. But I was too restless. Sleep just wasn't coming to me tonight.

I found myself heading into the kitchen, but I froze in the doorway when I saw someone standing in front of the fridge, searching through its contents. When she stood up straight, the short black hair registered and I remembered that her name as Alex.

She turned around, holding a bottle of strawberry milk just as I stepped into the room. She froze for a moment when she saw me, her fingers stopping as they tried to open the small pink bottle. She looked at me, almost like she was torn between ignoring me completely or saying something. I didn't know which one I hated more.

"Chae, right?" She asked, setting the carton of strawberry milk down on the island in front of her, peeling off the cap before she sipped it straight from the bottle.

I swallowed the lump that had formed in my throat. Why was I suddenly scared? She was one of my new unnies for goodness sake. We'd be with each other constantly from now on. Had my time in Daegu turn me stupidly antisocial?

"Y-Yes....Alex...right?" Why did my voice sound so small?

She gave me a one-sided smile, nodding. "Yup, that's me. Alex Lee, from Mokpo. And you're Kim Chaenne, from Daegu, right? At least I know Key's from Daegu."

Something about how she mentioned my brother hit me funny. Of course I was from Daegu. Why should even need to bring up Key at all? Maybe I was just over-thinking it. Yeah, I was just over-thinking it.

"Uh, yeah. I mean, he is my twin brother." I bit my lip, fiddling with the sleeves of my nightshirt. Something about this whole thing seemed off. Maybe I was just too tired to make introductions right now but still--I wasn't going to just walk away from her.

Alex set down the carton of strawberry milk, cocking an eyebrow at me. "Look. I don't want to seem harsh and I really hope you'll be mature enough to take this the right way but as far as I'm concerned, every single one of us deserves to be here. From Hwa Young unnie to you--all of us have something that SM wants in a girl group. Even if it means we'll be competition to their babies, also known as 'Girls' Generation.' And maybe I shouldn't say this because I don't know you personally but like the rest of Korea, I know about what happened with Saulena. How that chick tried to kill you, whatever. Well, as far as I know, none of us are pyscho so you've got no reason to spazz out and go running back to Daegu, okay? We're going to be a team and that means we have to work together no matter what."

The silence after her little speech was deafening.

What the hell did that even mean? I'm sure the look on my face mirrored exactly what I was thinking.

"Does that make any sense?" Alex raised an eyebrow, taking my expression as if I hadn't understood a word of what she'd just said.

"Well you're right about one thing." I said through gritted teeth. "You know nothing about me personally yet. I was traumatized with what happened with Hea so yes, I had a perfect reason to head back to Daegu before I came here to find out that Saulena was disbanding and I was being traded to SM Entertainment. So yes, Alex, I have every intention to do my best with this team even though this was not what I was expecting when I moved back to Seoul. But thank you oh, so much for your concern."

With that, I turned and walked out of the kitchen with a huge headache.


BEFORE I get comments about how I've turned Alex into a heartless witch, let me say this--I actually had a conversation with sujudork a long time ago about how Alex's personality should be in this story. So Alex isn't being evil--her personality is literally the complete opposite of Chae's. So it won't be no time before they're not butting heads and such :3

As for the explosion of SamSu love, that's done by the creative beauty that is Passion xD <3 She's the one who created Samantha and stuck her pretty behind with 2PM's y leaders so blame her for that cuteness xD <3

So next chapter: more interaction from the other members :3 <3

Oh by the way, picture above is Alex xD <3 :3