Welcome Back...Sort've

Living As A K-Pop Princess [Sequel to 'Life As A K-Pop Princess']

IMPORTANT NOTE: For those of you that read this when it first came out, I rewrote the beginning because I hated how I started it off :3 Sorry for the confusion <3

~Chae's POV~

"You sure you want to come back here?" My twin brother, looking naturally pretty as always in a gray sweater and jeans, looked over at me nervously as he swept his brown hair in front of his eyes. "No one's making you come back, Chae."

I sighed, pursing my lips as I watched the sun streak through the windows of the limo that drove my brother and I to his dorm in downtown Seoul from our hometown of Daegu, where I'd lived for the past month of my life. Now I was ready to face the world again, whether I wanted to or not. I twirled my newly dyed blonde hair around my finger, sighing as I caught sight of Namsan Tower in all its beauty and I realized how much I'd missed Seoul. It took me a little longer than he would've liked but I finally turned back around to face Key, who had one headphone in his ear so he could talk to me if he felt like it or just to make me feel like he wasn't blocking me out. Either way, I wasn't really up for talking.

"I'm positive, Kibbie." I replied, using the nickname I'd given my twin brother when we were little and my toddler-speech-impediment didn't allow me to say 'Kibum' correctly. "I think Mom and Dad were ready to send me back here, whether I came kicking and screaming or not."

I noticed Key's cat-like eyes narrow and I knew he didn't find the comment a bit funny. "I'm being serious, Chae, believe it or not. I don't want you rushing head first into something you don't want to do. And I know you don't want to step foot in the SM builing because of a certain Super Junior member, whose name will not be mentioned in my presence if he wishes to live."

I rolled my eyes, looking back out the window again to avoid my brother's knowing eyes. He knew exactly how scarred I was because of He Who Won't Be Named but here I was, throwing myself right back into a position where I'm sure I'd see him everyday. I really can't understand my own mentality sometimes...

"I'm serious too, Kibby. I can't keep running from my dreams just because I don't want to see h-him." I smiled a little at the end, hoping Key wouldn't notice the stutter that was present whenever I thought about that maknae, which never failed to make my heart ache.

Sure, He Who Shall Not Be Named hurt me more than I'd ever been hurt before in my life but I couldn't bring myself to hate him. I was planning on avoiding him forever or trying hard to do so but I couldn't bring myself to hate...Cho Kyuhyun.

I cringed visibly just thinking his name, hoping Key didn't notice but my brother's eyes were thankfully glued to his BlackBerry. I hadn't seen my ex-boyfriend since New Year's Eve but that didn't mean I hadn't seen him. I couldn't help but watch Super Junior's preformances or music videos because I still loved the other members like you wouldn't believe. Wookie and I were still partners-in-crime, Hyukkie lived to harrass me, and Chullie got his kicks from picking on me nonstop. Oh, and then there's my best freakin' friend on the whole planet--a very adorable Canadian chipmunk by the name of Henry Lau. Oh, how I loved him! Sadly I hadn't heard from my dear little Mochi in forever, which made me kind of worried but I didn't want to call because he might just be busy with SJM or something more important so I let it go.

My mind somehow brought itself to another dark thing that had been looming over me for the past few months, ever since Hea was kicked out of Saulena. I'd been on a stress-related hiatus, leaving the girls short another member and more fixing around to keep the parts there. I felt horrible for taking time off from Saulena but I had to. My mental breakdown after my official break-up with Kyuhyun was almost too much for me to handle so Key, Lu, Henry, and some of the other members of Super Junior all pitched a fit until JYP gave me some time off. Yeah, it a lot but I was actually beginning to feel a little better. Besides the fact that I hadn't been able to preform with any of the members, I hadn't had time to talk to them either. Which meant that I hadn't talked to Lu or Mimi in forever and it was killing me. Just thinking about being seperated from the girls hurt more than anything, since they'd been with me through it all--it'd be like losing part of my family.

The limo rolled to a stop in front of the SM Entertainment builiding, looming in front of me like a huge, gray beast waiting to eat me up. I took a deep breath, tightening my coat around me before I stepped out of the car with my brother, who slid on his sunglasses in a weak attempt to keep his celebrity status hidden. But of course his efforts were failed so we had to run inside to escape the Shawols that attacked him. Once we were safe inside the lobby, my eyes begin to dart frantically around, as if he would appear out of nowhere. But I didn't see a single evil maknae in sight so I took that as a good sign.

"NOONA!" An adorable voice squealed before a body collided with mine, knocking me back a few feet before I recognized the newly dyed blonde hair of SHINee's maknae and my arms squeezed the little kid like no tomorrow. The other four members of SHINee surrounded me, all giving me a huge group hug before letting me go, Taemin keeping a tight hold on my hand. I had to dab at my eyes nonchalantly to make it seem like I wasn't ready to bawl my eyes out, which I could've, considering how much I loved these boys. Even Dino, who lived to annoy the freakin' crap outta me but still--I loved SHINee.

Key lead the group of us toward the elevator in the back of the SM lobby to take us to the dorm the boys shared. I remember the time where I'd had to live with my brother and his bandmates--not the best time but I had to for my own protection against one of my own unnies but now that was long done with. I was safe now and there wasn't anything that was out to kill me anymore.

At least I hoped so.

The elevator door dinged before it slid open, revealing a very handsome, very shocked looking Lee Donghae.

Seeing him for the first time in almost two months made me feel a little shellshocked--he was the person who'd held me when I cried about Kyuhyun, the one who'd found me in the garage of the SM building after spilling my guts to his maknae. Donghae had been the only person at the time to even get a smile out of me, something Key threatened to hit me to get but I still refused. Donghae was just...Donghae.

His fish-like eyes bugged out of his head for a millisecond before he caught himself, a smile breaking out across his face. "Chae? Wow..." His eyes took in my blonde hair and...well, the rest of me, which sent a little shiver a pleasure on my spine that NEVER should've been my response to him. "You...you look great! I wasn't expecting to see you...The guys, we've all missed you."

I smiled a little, trying to avoid any thoughts that I shouldn't have been thinking about this man. I was nowhere near ready to throw myself back out there but here he was, all ready to be there for me again. "I've missed you guys too, Hae." And by "guys" I mean everyone but your maknae. I couldn't help thinking to myself as I stood there awkwardly between the two SHINee maknaes, trying to avoid the awkwardness of the situation but I really don't think Hae was going anywhere now.

"Oh, for the love of--Just hug my sister, you fish, and bring her back up to my dorm when you're done with her. If she's not back in ten minutes, I'll come looking for you." Key glared at Donghae was the other four members of SHINee followed my brother onto the elevator before the doors slid shut, leaving me and Donghae alone for the first time in too long.

He looked at me again, bringing that fluttery feeling back to my tummy, which made me avoid his eyes by awkwardly looking around the lobby. "I can't believe you dyed your hair..." He said, chuckling softly. "Don't get me wrong, I mean, it looks great but...still not like how it used to be."

I smiled softly, looking back at him. "Thanks...You're kinda...the first person to not gape at it. That was my brother when he showed up at my parent's place."

Hae laughed, shaking his head. "No, it really does look good. Suits you." He said the last little part with a cute little smile on his lips, almost like a shy little kid.

And I'll be damned if that stupid fluttery feeling didn't come back to my stomach.

I blushed a little before I reached up to touch his...orange hair softly, smiling. "What about you, Mr. Lee? Since when have you been a redhead?"

He chuckled, rolling his eyes. "It's for the rest of SS4, that whole thing." He rubbed the back of his neck, smiling.

"Oh, that's right! I forgot Super Show's going on right now!" I said dumbly, mentally smacking myself upside the head with a sledgehammer. "How's that going? Sold out shows every single night. Must be lovely." I smiled, suddenly missing the feeling of being onstage with the girls.

Hae smiled, shaking his head. "It's going great, actually. Uh, I've been asked to do this...dance thing with Hyukkie and I was just getting ready to go to the practice room at JYP where our dancer partner is."

"Dance partner? JYP? Who is it?" I babbled out questions, even more curious as to who their dance partner was.

"Uh, Mimi." Hae smiled, chuckling to himself. "You should've seen the look on Hyukkie's face when he found out it was her. Believe it or not, he's had it bad for Mi ever since you introduced her to us."

I smiled, thinking back of my dancer unnie from Saulena, missing the girls more than ever now. "Gosh, I haven't seen them all in so long...What kind of dance is it?" I asked, my interest pricking at finding out it was a girl dance partner. Though I hated to admit it, I was a little jealous of Mi knowing that she was dancing with Donghae. I know he and I weren't dating but still...I had feelings for Donghae that I really couldn't explain other than...feelings. Did I like him? Yes. Would I date him? Given different circumstances, yes. Was I going to anytime soon? Probably not.

Don't get me wrong, I mean I could see by how Hae acted around me to know that he liked. Whether it was a little or a lot, I didn't know. But the two of us had some serious feelings for each other that I was l was almost terrified to think about. I'd already given my heart to one man, who took and crushed it because of the handsome man standing before me. Did that mean that I was willing to feel the heartbreak Kyuhyun left just so I could be with Donghae? Possibly.

"Um, well the song is about me and Hyukkie fighting over her." He chuckled awkwardly, shaking his head. "But the chreographer put so much more skinship into their part so I'm kind of grateful for that. One, I think Hyukkie would kill me and two...well, I'll think you'll figure out that one soon enough." Hae said with a slight wink before he started to walk away.

"W-what? Hae! Don't I at least get a hug first?" I said, feeling my face practically on flame when he turned around, his handsome face lit up with a beautiful smile before he came up to me and wrapped his arms around me.

There was something more to this hug than just a little reunion between Hae and I, I could feel it. The way his arms molded themselves around my back made me feel more protected than I had in too long, not to mention how easy it was for me just rest my head on his shoulder and close my eyes, not a care in the world about who saw me with Lee Donghae.

Of course the person that broke up our moment was the one person who could send my world crashing down in an instant.

"Hyung." A stern voice came from behind Donghae, making him let me go and turn us in a way to where we'd both see who'd interrupted us--though I already knew by the sound of his voice and by how Hae stiffened exactly who it was.

Cho Kyuhyun stood just outside the elevator, which was filled with the other Super Junior members, all of them with smiles on their faces at the sight of me beside the maknae, who was staring down the man that held me.

"Manager-hyung called and said we have to be at JYP right now for you and Hyukkie, also to finish the rest of rehearsals." Kyuhyun didn't even look in my direction, which was both a blessing and a cut to my already battered heart. He had to have known that was me, right?

...Right?

Hae looked down at me for a second before he released my waist, stepping back and looking at Hyukkie who was the first of the brave ones to come out to greet me. Soon after Wookie, Teukie, Chullie, and Wonnie followed, all hugging me so tightly I thought I'd pass out.

But my mind was too preoccupied with feelings I shouldn't be feeling, moments that shouldn't have ended, and everything else that sent my perfect little haven crashing to the ground.

Right before the boys left, Hae came back to give me one more big hug, which left me with my feet off the ground as he held me. My eyes opened after I got hugged like no other, locking with the one other person in the room who was looking directly at me.

Kyuhyun barely responded to our little staredown. His eyes just flickered to Hae before going back to me.

Then he was gone.


 

 

Hello beloved readers <3 I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack <3

So SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SORRY on the delay for this story--with marching band, school and so much other crap, I haven't been able to write. Like at all. So now that band, is sadly over, I'll be writing a lot more on this one, promise ;) <3

As for you KyuChae shippers--we'll see ;) But for now ChaeHae RULES! <3