Chapter 2

You Belong To Me

 

~~~

 

“Hi! Jessica!”

She glanced up from my book. “What do you want, Jonghyun?” She answered.

“Why the long face?” Jessica shook her head, indicating that she was alright. Jonghyun and Jessica were friends since young, but she didn’t like it when he was playing with girls, and his casanova attitude. Yes, she had to admit, she was really jealous as he was never paying attention to her. He was actually very kind, until his father passed away. Ever since then, he was quiet and cold. 'Well, except to me.' She thought.  He seemed to understand that she didn’t want to be disturbed and kept quiet.

“Jessica!”

“What now Jonghyun!”

"Can't you talk to me..." He grumbled. He was her desk mate and was always complaining about things like homework, yet he was able to do it well.

“Aish,why are you always ignoring me? Anyway, did you know there’s this Talent Competition?” She nodded slowly.

"Do you want to join?"

“I dunno...I don't think I'm up to it...”

“Well, I’ve heard you sing before, it’s wonderful! I think you should join!”

“Thanks Jonghyun.” She grinned. "You? What will you be doing?"

"I'm not joining...Don't feel like it." Jonghyun shrugged nonchalantly.

"Hey! Jessica unnie! Stop flirting! Come!" Yoona shouted. She turned red in embarrasment. Jonghyun commented, amused. "That's your friend huh?"

"Yeah.Bye!" Jessica walked towards Yoona.

"Yes?"

"Nothing, I just want to ask you if you're joining? The competition."

"Nope. And please,I'm not flirting. I was just talking!"

"Don't deny,you're blushing! Anyway, I'm down for detention." Yoona pouted, staring at her fingers.

"It's the first day of school and you are-" Jessica widened her eyes. Yoona cut her off by shaking her head.

"Don't ask...Do you know a guy called Donghae?" Jessica was surprised."Of course I do,who wouldn't? He's the popular jock! Well, he,Jonghyun, and Kyuhyun are very good friends. They are like the rulers of SM High school! Why do you want to know anyway? You interested in them?'' She questioned curiously.

"Anniyo, just curious." Yoona seemed to pause for a while.

"So Kyuhyun is close with Donghae? Aren't all rich jocks supposed to be snobby?" Jessica nodded darkly,"Well,except Kyuhyun. He is much more quiet and humble. That's why I don't mind if you date him." She added.

"Just don't go near Donghae he is the biggest player in the school.You better watch out," Jessica warned but Yoona stared at her in confusion.

"You're pretty and everything,so I'm not surprised if any of the F4 falls for you. So I just want you to be careful."

"Okay okay... But wha-"

"Yoona! We meet again!"

Jessica gigled,seeing who was it,and quickly ran away, afraid to disturb. Yoona reached out her hand, wanting to catch her friend but she already disappeared.

"Oh?Kyuhyun-ssi! yes?" She turned to the person cheerfully. She peeked behind and saw Donghae. He seemed to look sulky."Um,what is he doing behind?" Yoona pointed to Donghae. "I pulled him to come and apologised. " She raised her eyebrows. 'Apologise?' He seemed to have read her mind."Yeah,for his earlier actions."

"S-Sorry Yoona." It looked as if he bit his tongue off trying."Good! Now bye!" Kyuhyun waved and walked off.But before the pair went, Donghae whipered in my ear menacingly.

"Just because I apologised,it was because of Kyuhyun. But I will not stop to get my revenge for landing me into detention."

"Whatever."

"C'mon let's go." He jerked his head curtly. Yoona glanced at him in confusion. 'Where to?'

"Detention, duh." He rolled his eyes and dragged her to the classroom where the teacher stood, tapping her heels impatiently. "What took you guys so long? Here are the brooms, sweep the school grounds and tomorrow I want to see it clean." She narrowed her eyes sternly, and sauntered out of the class.

"Crazy teacher, anyway, here the broom."

Yoona snatched the broom from his hand and huffed out of the classroom.

 

~~~

 

"Ahhh I'm tired."

She grumbled, wiping the beads of pespiration that trickled down her forehead. It was a hot day and after working for nearly four hours was making her whole body ache and feeling sweaty from all the sweeping. She glanced at the guy next to her and scoffed. He was slumped onto the chair, apparently he had collasped after all the sweeping, panting and his whole body exhausted.

"I can't believe you're already this tired from doing chores." yoona snorted, plopping onto a chair next to his. He scrunched his eyebrows, and groaned groggily. "I don't do chores at home. My maids do it."

"Maids?" Yoona gaped at the plural word. 'You're so lucky to have maids.' 

"I guess we're done...I'm really tired and the school's about to close." Donghae looked around and saw that it was empty and they were alone. "Good...I guess we're alone..." He leaned back onto his seat, satisfied.

"Mind telling me why?"

"So none of my fans will see me in such a state. It'll ruin my reputation."

"Conceited jerk." Yoona mumbled in annoyance. "What's that?"

"Nothing." She faked a smile, gritting her teeth. It was already quite late at night, and soon night began to fall as they continued to finish their sweeping. Just then a lightning strike, startling both of them. Rain pelted down and the sky was cloudy.

"Darn. How am I supposed to go home now?" Yoona folded her arms, glaring at the rain as if they were at fault.

"I can take you home." Donghae offered curtly. "What?!"

"I don't think you want to walk in the rain...besides, I have my car." He shrugged and Yoona widened her eyes. 'He has a car?'

"No need to look all shock. Let's go quickly before the rain worsens."

 

~~~