Chapter 12

You Belong To Me

 

~~~

 

He closed his eyes in frustration, raking his hand through his hair. He did not know how anybody managed to sneak into his house, moreover getting a perfect shot. Ignoring her rampant babbling and high-pitched shrieking, he left the angry Jessica. He stopped in front of a short girl, glaring at her mencaingly.

"Yah, Lee Soonkyu, it was you wasn't it?" Donghae folded his arms, tapping his foot impatiently. Sunny froze, puzzled, glancing at him questioningly. "Oppa, what are you talking about?"

"You know what I'm talking about! This! This photo!"

Unfazed, Sunny shrugged her shoulders nonchalantly. She mentally cursed her brother for being so stupid and so oblivious. She knew her brother, and could definitely tell if there was this special someone in his heart. All Sunny wanted was to give her brother a little push, a little nudge, but she was secretly confused as to why he was so agitated.

Not only did she want him to know that he actually liked Yoona, but also to prevent a certain someone from getting her dear brother. Phase 1 of my mission is a success. Sunny smirked. I want to see how Yuri reacted.

"...are you even listening? This picture is going viral over the Internet and I-"

"Chill bro," She flipped her hair dismissively, glowering at him, "I can't see why you care so much about it. It's just a picture. Besides, nothing wrong with kissing your girlfriend right?"

"She's not my girlfriend, twit." Donghae sighed.

"Oops, I mean lover." Sunny sniggered, enjoying the flurry of emotions displayed on her brother's face. "You still don't catch my brilliant plan don't you, brother? I'm playing cupid here."

"Stop with your elementary games Soonkyu. She doesn't love me. End of story." Donghae's heart sanked; the words came out like vomit and he winced slightly when the last few words of his sentence roll of his tongue.

"I don't love her either."

Lies. He craved for her, her existence more than anything else. If there was anything that he yearned to have, the answer would be so obvious. It finally dawned upon him how infatuated he was with her.

He inhaled deeply. He knew he could not avoid her any longer, nor could he stray his heart away from her.

Sunny smiled when she saw a resolute expression on his face.

"I assume you know what to do?"

It was a rhetorical question. He did not reply.

"Good luck then. I'm sure you will need it." Sunny patted his shoulder.

Thanks dongsaeng. I owe you one.

 

~~~

 

"Would you be my girlfriend?"

She froze. The words that was dying to spill out got caught in her tight throat. She swallowed hard, her fingers clasping the hem of her skirt.

She did not know how to reply, how to react, what to even say. Her mind was blank, blank from surprise, happiness and slight disappointment.

What?!

Where the heck did the disappointment come from?!

The group of watching students fell silent for a minute, before erupting into cheers and peals of laughter. A chorus of whistles and thunderous applause resonated throughout the school cafeteria.

"Accept! Accept!"

"Yoona, accept him!"

"Oh, what a romantic couple!"

The guy kneeling in front of her gave her a small smile, offering a rose in his hand.

"I-I..." Yoona began nervously.

"I know this might be quite a shock to you," He bowed his head in slight embarrassment," but my feelings for you are true, Yoona-ah."

"I don't know what to say." A blush creeped into her cheeks.

"Then don't say anything." He gestured towards the rose. 

Hesitantly, she reached for the rose, her fingers grasping the stem of it. As soon as she did this, the cheers from the students got louder, a few has fished out their phones to snap pictures of them.

The ectstatic guy stood up and hugged her tightly, his heart palpitating wildly. It was beyong his wildest dream that she, Im Yoona, was finally his girlfriend.

And only his.

"Kyuhyun, I-" Yoona started, but was cut by him.

"Shh." And he closed the gap between them. An inch. A centimetre. A millimetre. Soon the millimetre was gone as he placed his lips on hers.

 

~~~

 

He stood crestfallen as he watched the scene. The rose in his hand dropped to the ground. His heart was like a wilting flower, one by one, second by second it was slowly being tortured. 

He was too late.

A second too late.

He watched her come into the arms of another guy.

He saw her blush prettily as his heart skipped a beat.

He watched him close the gap between her.

He saw their lips-

He flinched.

He was in pain.

Too much pain.

 

~~~

 

a/n: What dafuq did I just write? O.O Sorry for not updating this story often, I'll try my best kays~~~ Thanks! And hope you can comment on this :)