Chapter 6

You Belong To Me

 

 

~~~

 

"You still haven't explained to me how you knew about it," She started, sipping on her hot latte. Placing it gently on the mini saucer, she glanced at the person in front of him. Exhaling slowly, he replied.

"It was part of Yuri's plan."

"Huh?" Was all she could say. Looking confuse,she cradled the hot beverage,which warmed her cold fingers.

"I guess Yuri wanted to embarass you..." Kyuhyun explained what happened, from what he witnessed before the competition. Hearing everything with wide eyes, she put her hand over , mortified. "S-She did? Are you sure? I mean,she wouldn't-"

"Sometimes you're really gullible Yoona,you think she would never do that? I've known Kwon Yuri, she's in my class. Trust me, she ain't a 'goody-two-shoes' " Kyuhyun shook his head in disbelief.

"I've yet to thank you for helping,I would probably screw up the whole thing."

"No problem.You're just lucky I was there at the time and I knew, the song that you were supposed to sing." He said in a calm voice. 

"Yeah,I suppose you are right..."

"Of course! So,friends now?"

"We were always friends...since when was I not?" Yoona blushed. Kyuhyun gave her a wide grin.

"Just making sure."

 

~~~

 

"Preposterous! How could she?! This is absolutely absurd!" The agitated girl muttered furiously."Chill Yul,what's wrong?" The shikshin said with a laid back attitude.

"What do you mean,'What's wrong' ?!'' Yuri exclaimed through gritted teeth. Unfazed,Sooyoung yawned hugely. Looking at her friend from the corner of her eye, she replied with a smug voice. "Told ya, the plan wouldn't work."

"You're not helping me Soo! Never mind,I would think of another plan then," She glared at Sooyoung when the shikshin opened to protest, "A much better plan." Seeing as the other one did not react,she continued in a snide voice.  "I don't get it! How does Kyuhyun know? And why was he involved? And how the hell did she win?"

"Maybe he eavesdropped us when we were discussing about your 'plan' " Sooyoung grabbed a large burger and started to munch through it. Yuri nodded thoughtfully, but smirked.

"We'll see about that, Im Yoona. You think you can beat me? We'll see about that."

 

~~~

 

Yoona clutched her phone tightly, praying hard that the person would answer. She must have rang her ten times, thus getting annoyed with the rings. "Unnie, if you don't pick up the phone, I'll come bashing you with a frying pan!" She murmured. "Where the hell are you? It's been a few hours!"

"This going to be the last time I called you-Sica unnie!"

/Yeobosaeyo?/

/it's me,Yoona!/

/Oh! Yoongie! What's wrong? Are you ok or someth-/

/I'm perfectly alright,unnie.I was wondering about you!/

/Oh.Haha,anyway,can I come over to your place? Got lots to tell you,can't wait! You won't mind right?/

/Well...Er,sure of course I won't mind-/

/Ok, I'll come over in a few minutes! Bye!/

*beep*

She hung up before Yoona could reply. Sighing,she got up to tidy her small dingy home. She had been staying alone ever since her parents died in a car crash.

Ding Dong!

The doorbell rang, startling Yoona from her thoughts. "That was fast," She mumbled, rushing to open the door. "Yoona!" Jessica squealed,hugging her tightly.Choking,she struggled.

"S-Sica,y-y-you're suffocating m-me," Yoona gasped and her eyes started to water. Sica gave her an apologetic grin, untangled herself. "Now what are you waiting for? Let's go in!"

 

~~~

 

"What do you want to know first?" Jessica jumped onto Yoona's sofa,her eyes gleaming. "Everything. I've lots to tell you too." Yoona replied.

"Bad and good news. Which one do you want to hear?"

Yoona sighed, irritated by her childishness. Cocking an eyebrow, she tossed her hair. "Bad news then."

"I was absent from the competition because of my mum...she was sick....but she recovered. Good news now...there's a lot actually. Jonghyun asked me out!"

"Jonghyun who?" Yoona frowned, trying to remember the all-too-familiar name. "Kim Jonghyun! Don't you remember him? The popular jock group?" Sica rolled her eyes. Finally Yoona nodded. "Ok. So? What do you mean by he 'asked-you-out'? What were his exact words?"

"Well, he said he wanted to meet me for coffee or some sort tomorrow-" Sica continued with a dreamy look on her face. "But that doesn't mean he really wanted to ask you out. Don't get your hopes up," Yoona pointed.

"Don't ruin the mood Yoongie, I was hoping," Jessica pouted, folding her arms. "Hope all you want unnie, anyway, what's the next news?"

"As you know...my birthday is coming soon...And I've invited most of the people in school to my birthday party! And of course you're invited too!" Sica clapped her hands, excited at the thought. "Ok, but you're not inviting Yuri are you?" Yoona said anxiously.

Jessica nodded her head sadly. “Unfortunately, my parents know Yuri’s parents, they are like close acquaintances, but don’t worry, and I’ll make sure nothing happens!” She then stared curiously at her best friend. "Speaking of which, what happened at the competition? Who won?"

Yoona told Jessica briefly about the whole situation, including how Yuri planned about embarassing her. Jessica listened intently, with several gasped here and there, but at last her lips curved into a wide grin. "So you won? Congrats Yoongie!" Once again, she gave Yoona a bone-crushing hug, but let go a few seconds later.

"No wonder you were so afraid of inviting Yuri! But I won't invite her, she's a ," Sica growled. Nodding fervently, Yoona added. "So you're inviting Jonghyun right? Oh no!" Yoona exclaimed when Sica said yes. If Jonhyun's going......Then won't the rest......?

"Ok, I take it back, I'm not going!"

"Nooo! Waeyo?!?!"

"I'll NOT go, Sica! I'm sorry, I'll give you a birthday present and all, but ANDWAE, I'm not ever going."

I'll not go, thought Yoona. Not when he is going.

"......Yoong, pretty please? Would you come to my birthday party?" Jessica pleaded. "But, you're inviting Jonghyun, and that means the rest of the group is coming! And I don't want to see his face! No, I won't go!" I protested. Despite the fact that she is my best friend,I still refused to go,because he will be going.

"B-But,won't your other boyfriend go too?" She insisted, showing her 'puppy-eyes' at me.

"Sica,for the hundredth time,Kyu oppa is not my boyfriend!" I exclaimed, my face blushed and turned a light shade of red.

"He's just my friend! And anyway, stop showing the eyes, it won't work on me." I added, rolling my eyes. Stubborn as she might be, she continued her incessant pleads.

"Jaebal Yoona! Please! Please please please-"

"I told you,it won't work on me!"

"Please please please-"

“No no no no…”

"Please please please-"

" Alright alright,I'll go!" Grumbling frustratedly,I gave in and Sica unnie gave a cheer. "Donghae will be there right?" I asked, worried. She nodded.I sighed sadly, burying my head in my hands.

What have I gotten myself into??!!

 

~~~

 

"So,the Im choding has arrived," He said smoothly, staring at his watch. Yoona chuckled, giving a small grin.

"You don't have to fetch me you know, oppa. I know where's the school" He shrugged, opening the door of the car. "Your Sica unnie insisted that I did. She said that I needed to spend more time with my so called 'girlfriend'. I'm wondering who she actually meant." He replied,amused.

"That Sica unnie..." Yoona murmured, embarrassed. She made a mental note to give Sica unnie a good hard whack when she see her. "Well, shall we go on?" He gestured to the seat.

"Here you go, girlfriend," He said sacarstically, opening the door wide. "Shut up," Yoona muttered with a playful whack. Kyuhyun chortled, "You amuse me."

"Whatever."

"Someone's moody today." He teased.

"I wonder why."

 

~~~