Chapter 10

You Belong To Me

 

~~~

 

Donghae touched placed his hand over her forehead and sighed. Her head was burning, which meant she had a fever. Feeling enraged at Yuri, he stormed towards the medicing cupboard seething, pertubed by why she would do such a cruel thing. Taking out a medicine tablet, he retuned to his bedroom with a cup of water. 

"Wait, how am I suppose to feed her is she's still unconscious?" He mumbled to himself, mentally slapping himself for being so stupid.

Having no choice, he poured the water into his mouth, and placed the small tablet between his lips.Slowly, he lowered himself towards the sleeping girl, his lips placed on her slightly parted pink lips. The tablet along with the water was transfered into , and it flowed down .

I'm kissing her.

His heart palpitated wildly, as if he ran a few marathons. His lips tingle as he could feel sparks emit between their connected lips, and there was a certain fluttering feeling in his heart. Even though he knew it was actually their second kiss, he could not help but feel something bubbling in the bottom of his heart, waiting to erupt at the right time.

Donghae chided himself inwardly, immediately siting up and disconnecting his lips from hers.What is this feeling? He thought, it felt foreign to someone cold and mysterious like him, but he liked it.

"This is wrong." He muttered, shaking his head fervently. He sat on the foot of the bed, the bedsprings sinking down as he did. Clutching his hair frustratedly, he nearly wrenched them out of his roots. He couldn't deny this....this feeling. He felt so insecure, so weak and vulnerable at that moment. Gazing at the lifeless body on the bed, his heart clenched tightly, feeling hard to breathe.

"Why couldn't I protect her?" Donghae whispered painfully, swallowing a lump in his throat. Never feeling this helpless before, he swore to himself that he would protect her no matter what. Though he was determined to help her, he was still unclear about his feelings. He touched his tingling lips lightly, sparks lingering in it.

"It can't be that...I love her right?"

 

~~~

 

She coughed, her head pounding furiously and her body searing with pain. Her muscles were tense, although she felt really weak. Where am I? Groggily, she opened her eyes slowly and tiredly, gazing blearily at her surroundings. After taking a few minutes to comprehend, she finally realised she was in a room. But it didn't look like her room at all.

"What happened?"

She groaned as the pounding increased in her head; she staggered to stand up, limping towards the door. Clutching a hand to her aching head, she could smell a strong something cooking. Instantly, her stomach growled, and she blushed even though there was no one except her present. She lumbered slowly throught a wide yet narrow corridor, glancing around curiously at the mysterious house. She stopped at a kitchen, gazing at the person's back figure. Unable to understand why the figure looked so familiar, she called out apprehensively, her voice raspy due to her just waking up.

"Excuse me?"

The guy turn around, startled, before gazing into her eyes with an unreadable expression filled with mixed emotions. Gasping, Yoona's eyes widened in disbelief, -agape. She couldn't believe her eyes, she did not understand why-

"Donghae?!" Yoona cried out, shock. Donghae's calm and serence mask was gone, his face drooped, looking hurt. "Did you hate me so much to be so surprised to see me?" He said, feeling slightly dejected. She waved her hands frantically,"No no, I was just so surprised. You saved me."

Donghae stared at her lips, turning red. "Yeah." He murmured to himself, thankful that it was quiet enough that she couldn't hear. Frowning, she brought her fingers to her lips. "Is there something on my lips? You were staring at them."

I wish I can tell you. "No, nothing. I see you've recovered." Yoona stared at him unblinkingly, "Recovered? I was sick last night? What happened exactly? Why did I fall into a pool....?"

"Yeah you were having a fever...But you're ok now," He quickly ended his sentence, trying to look preoccupied at preparing breakfast as scenes of yesterday night flitted past in his memories. Yoona nodded slowly, "So how did I fall?"

"You really don't know?" He asked, only to get a questioning look from her in response. Sighing, Donghae replied reluctantly. "It was Yuri who did this to you." He waited, trying to see the shock look on her face, only to be greeted by surprised by a loud sigh. Yoona shrugged, as though she was completely unfazed. The guy could only stare at her in amazement.

"You're not shock."

"Why should I? I already know she was up to no good."

"....Then you should have avoided her." She didn't reply.

"C'mon, breakfast will be re-" Donghae said before getting cut by Yoona. "You still haven't told me how I came here?" He exhaled loudly.

 

[Flashback]

"Yoona! Is she okay? Donghae! Save her!" Jessica shrieked, her hands frantically trying to brush Yoona's wet hair out of her face. Worried sick for her bestfriend, she shook the tired Donghae vigorously. "Save her!"

All of a sudden, she was coughing out water, and Yoona's eyes opened a bit before closing shut again. "No! Yoona! Don-"

"Jessica! She's alright! Don't panic!" He shouted to the panicking blonde girl exasperatedly, sliding his wet arms under Yoona's neck and legs. Widening her eyes, she yelped.

"Where are you bringing her?"

"She can rest in my house. I'll take care of her." He replied shortly.

[Flashback Ends]

 

"...So that's how it happened." His voice trailed slowly at the end, staring intently and carefully at her face for her reaction. Yoona blushed prettily, staring at her fingers that were playing nervously at the hem of her shirt. "How about my dress?"

"I had Jessica help you change before I brought you to my house."

"Oh." Silence fell upon them. "I was so worried." He muttered, breaking the uncomfortable silence. Yoona felt heartbroken as she stared at his drained face.

"Sorry." She whispered back, wishing she could do something to make hiim feel better. "What were you thinking?Trusting Yuri?" He glared angrily at her. "Sorry." Yoona looked down and whispered once again. Instantly, he felt bad for yelling at her. But he couldn't help but feel angry for her being so gullible, and himself for not being able to protect Yoona well.

"Nevermind. At least you're okay now." He gave a small smile and inched his hand to place it over hers.

"Yeah."

Sparks emitted from both of their hands.

 

~~~

 

 "Hey...Are you alright?"

He plopped onto the bench next to her, staring worriedly at her slightly worned out face. She nodded mutely, glancing back at her untouched food. He sighed, shaking his head. "You should eat. You're already stick skinny. Besides, if you don't eat you will fall sick. You wouldn't want that to happen right?"

Jessica snorted, "Yeah, as if I have the appetite. I'm so worried for Yoona...I wonder if she's okay. What if Donghae does something to her?" Her face paled instantly, shaking her head from those unwanted thoughts. She did not know if she could trust Donghae, let alone take care of Yoona.

"I know you are concerned over Yoona's wellbeing...We all are. Donghae wouldn't harm Yoona. Anyway, his sister Soonkyu will be there right? Look, if you want I'll drive you to Donghae's place after school, okay?" Jonghyun smiled cordially, ruffling Jessica's blonde silky hair. She frowned unhappily at her messed up hair, glaring icily at her friend for messing up her hair. "Now eat." He chided her gently, ignoring the glower.

"Arrasseo..." She pouted, stabbing the congealed noodle viciously with her fork. "Recess is so long...I wish it's after school already...I want to visit Yoongie. I hope she's alright now. I still haven't deal with Yuri yet."

"Yoona will be alright. Trust me, she will. For now, don't worry yourself too much alright?"

"Yeah."

 

~~~

 

He stormed up to her, his eyes livid with anger. His mouth was puckered into an angry frown an his fist was clenched tightly together. As soon as he stood in front of her, she glanced in surprise as he grabbed her wrist and yank her away from her adroing crowd of fans clustered around for her signature.

Donghae pulled her away from the crowd and into a secluded corner. He pushed her against the wall hardly and she gasped as her back hit against the cold surface. He slammed his hand onto the wall right next to her head, startling her. He trembled in fury, shooting daggers at the confused girl.

"What are you do-" Yuri began, but was immediately cut off by Donghae.

"Do you know what makes me so angry that I can just spit?" He hissed, frightening Yuri. She shook her head vigorously, eyeing his hand next to her face warily.

"Donghae oppa, what are you talking about?" She simpered, feigning a smile. However, he just felt even more pissed at her fake attitude. "Drop the act Kwon Yuri. We both know what you did to Yoona."

As soon as she heard the name, she stiffened. "Why do you care? She's just merely a toy to you isn't it? Or have you developed feelings for her?" Yuri retorted coldly, folding her arms. Donghae frozed for a moment, hesitating. 'Do I...Do I really love her?'

"So you do love her."

"No I don't!"

"I don't believe it! If you don't why don't you choose me instead! I love you!" Yuri clutched onto his arm desperately, but Donghae avoided her gaze as his heart dropped at the sudden confession. "I can't."

"Why?! Is it because of her?" He did not reply.

Yuri muttered angrily, unfortunately loud enough for Donghae to hear. "I don't get why all of the boys like her. First Kyuhyun and now you..."

"Kyuhyun?" He paused, surprised. He never knew one of his best friend would like Yoona. He could feel his anger towards Yuri dissipated almost instantly. "Are you sure?" Donghae grabbed her shoulders and shook her body hard, not caring whether Yuri was hurt.

"Tell me, does Kyuhyun like Yoona?"

"Y-Yes..." She gulped, and only then she was let go. Donghae walked off wordlessly, leaving Yuri confused and upset.

'I confessed to you and this is what you do to me...'

 

~~~

 

A/N: I got nothing much to say actually^^ Just to apologise for updating so late, and thanks for the 100 subbies<3 Love you guys! Continue to support this fanfic! :) Just to let you know, this story will end at 20 chapters or something, I don't wanna pull it so long. So I'll be updating longer chapters from now on! I expect long comments too! At least not telling me KyuNa or YoonHae....I do know what pairing I'm gonna end with,y'know .__. Anyway, enjoy this chapter(: