Chapter 1

You Belong To Me

 

~~~

 

She glanced around desperately, squinting and scanning through the crowd for a certain face. As soon as she spotted her best friend, she sprinted towards the familiar figure, and then gave a bear hug to the unexpected Jessica.

"Ow, er,Yoona, you're breaking my bones you know." Jessica grumbled, spluttering. ‘Sorry’, Yoona mouthed sheepishly, scratching her nape awkwardly. She felt really elated and excited as it was her first day at a new school, SM High as a freshman. Apparently, she had gotten in through her results .Unlike Jessica who’s family was rather rich, she had to enter by a scholarship.

"Hey,stop zoning out! I thought I was the one that usually daydreams! Anyway, the ball rang already, classes are starting! Let's go!" Jessica pulled her arm as Yoona winced at her grip. She might be the Him Yoona, but Jessica was also very strong.

“Right, I’ll go first, see you after school!” Yoona chuckled, bading goodbye to her best friend. She was too lost in her thoughts to notice her surroundings and walked straight into someone. With a dull thus she collided with someone, and the books in her arms dropped and was sprawled evey where.

Rubbing her sore forehead, she looked up to see who it was, and gasped as she saw a really handsome looking guy rubbing his head too.

"Hey, could you see where you are going! Don't go around colliding into people!" The guy carped, irritated.

"I'm sorry,really sorry." Feeling guilty, Yoona apologised profusely, but earning a glare from the man. Wordlessly, he strutted off, not caring whether Yoona was hurt or not.

"Stupid person," She grumbled. Grabbing all her books, she dashed off towards her class, despite the heavy throbbing in her forehead.

“Darn, I’m gonna be late for class because of him.”

 

~~~

 

Entering the classroom, he saw the same girl he crashed into.

"What are you doing in my class?" he exclaimed, ignoring the growing crowds of girls gathering at the door, all swooning at him.

"What do you mean by your class? It's my class too. And for your information, you're very late,you missed the whole morning lesson. It's recess now, everybody’s gone to the cafeteria." She replied in annoyance. He was surprised, no, shock.

‘Well, she appeared to be the only girl not interested in me? No girl, I repeat, no girl ever not goes gaga over me.’ Donghae gaped in awe as she buried her face behind a book.  She did not seem to care about his presence, and was really engrossed about her story. Donghae suddenly had an idea. Inching closer to her, he faked a y smirk.

"W-what a-are yoou d-doing?" She stuttered, slowly stepping back. Yoona gulped as a chill ran down her spine.

"You know, you're really pretty. And hot. Why didn't I realise that?" She shuddered as she felt his hot breath tickling her.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING!!!!! GET OFF ME!!!!!"

Yoona shoved him away, not caring if he was hurt or if he tripped. Then she stormed away, seething. Muttering incoherently, she cursed him ender her breath, enraged. As she was walking, she bumped into someone again. ‘Why am I always such a klutz?’ She huffed.

"Ooops, I’m so sorry,I didn't mean to hit you or anything, are you ok?"

She immediately helped the person up.

"Nah,I'm ok,are you alright?" He dusted off the dirt on his leg and picked up the things.

"I'm really really sorry,I wasn't looking,I was very preoccupied-" He waved away her apologies dismissively.

"I'm ok.” He chuckled heartily.

"Yoona!!!! She turned and saw Jessica wave at her. Yoona nodded cheerfully and then turned back at the guy.

"I'm sorry,I've to go now. I'm Yoona,what about you?"

"Kyuhyun.”

“Kyuhyun-ssi,I shall see you around! Bye!" They waved goodbye, and Yoona half-ran towards a curious Jessica. Sitting down beside Jessica, Yoona beamed.

 

“So how was school?” She said questioningly.

“Not bad.”  Jessica eyed the younger girl suspiciously. “I saw you with the guy earlier? Who was he? Is he your boyfriend?” Yoona flailed her arms. “N-No, I just accidentally bumped into him, that’s all.” Her eyebrows narrowed. And then she broke into an enigmatic grin. “Oh well, he’s not bad looking, and that was Kyuhyun! I don’t mind if you go out with him.”

“Unnie! He’s just a friend! A new friend.” She emphasized the last word. Jessica nodded a little disappointingly.

“Arasso arasso, but he’s kinda cute for you.” She flashed her a warning look. Jessica stuck out her tongue playfully while Yoona elbowed her in the ribs. ‘Seriously, this Jessica unnie can be so immature, playful and choding-like like me. ‘ That was one reason why they could mix around pretty well.

“Guess we have to go now, classes are starting. Bye!”

 

~~~

 

“Ow…My leg hurts,” He whimpered as he limped towards a seat. ‘Idiot…You think you can escape me? I’ll get my revenge on you soon, just watch me.’ He smirked devilishly. Donghae clutched at me leg, groaning in pain.

“Hey, hey, Hyung!”

He glanced up and then hissed upon the sight of the person.

“What do you want Kyu?”

“Such a nice way to greet me. Anyway, one question.” He chuckled. Donghae sighed, rolling his eyes.

“What happened to your leg? Tripped over something?”

“Nothing, just some random girl who hit me when I tried to pretend to make out with her,” I snapped. Kyuhyun froze, slackjawed. “Hyung sure move through girls really quickly. What happened to girlfriend number 25, Goo Hara?”

“She’s way off my league. And so is the new girl that punched me.”

“Wow, the Kingka‘s been rejected! It must be a miracle!” Kyuhyun teased. ‘Such a nice way to comfort me.’ Donghae gritted his teeth. Kyuhyun paused for a while, and then sat down. While rubbing his sore leg, he noticed Kyuhyun spacing out with a rather dreamy expression and a small smile playing on his lips.

“Yah! Kyu! Stop zoning out, alright?” He stopped, and then said smugly, “Ooh, is the baby Kyu dreaming about girls again? Hey, did you bump into your head?”

He looked at the older guy in surprise. "As a matter I did! With a gorgeous looking girl.” His voice trailed off and stared at the ceiling dreamily. Shaking his head in disbelief, Donghae limped out of the classroom. Kyuhyun got up immediately, helping him walk.

“So, who was that unfortunate girl that you tried to hit on? The girl who punched you?”

“Unfortunate? It should be lucky! Any girl that gets to be with me should be called-”

“Lucky, yeah I know, you don’t need to be so complacent. So who?” Glaring at him, Donghae muttered angrily, “Yoona.”

 

~~~

 

Yoona sat down quietly at her seat as she found a very unexpected person seated beside her.

“What are you doing here at my seat?” She frowned. He raised an eyebrow. “Not happy are you? This is my seat.” He replied smugly. She widened my eyes in shock. ‘Oh no! I’ve to survive one whole lesson with him! What a miserable day.’

“You don’t look happy.”

“Who would.”

“Idiot.”

“Jerk.” She hissed furiously and pinched him hard. He winced at the pain and Yoona grinned victoriously. Throughout the whole lesson, his eyes were watering.

‘Serves him right.’

“Class! There’ll be a talent competition next month, and I want all of you to participate, ok?” Kim songsaenim called out sternly.

“That’s fast. School’s just started and there’s already competitions?” Yoona murmured, glancing at the teacher with interest. “Yah. Lee Donghae.”

He glowered at her. “What?”

“What’s this…talent competition about?” Yoona whispered, poking his arm. “Would you stop-”

“Lee Donghae and Im Yoona! What are you guys doing?” Kim songsaenim’s voice boomed and reverberated throughout the classroom. Everyone turned and stared at the pair blankly.

“Uh…Nothing….We-”

“Detention! Both of you! Please see my after class.” The teacher tossed her hair haughtily, oblivious to the angry groans emitted from the two students. Glaring at each other, they kept quiet till the end of the class.

“Why were you two talking during class?” The teacher said strictly, staring at the two fidgeting students intensely. “We were-” She held up her hand abruptly.

“I don’t want to hear excuses. Sweep the school ground as punishment.”

“But-” Donghae raised his voise, but was cut by a harsh glare from the towering teacher.

“No buts. Off you go, both of you.”

 

~~~