Chapter 6

Fishes and a sea monster

*Chanhee POV*

 

It was the last lesson for today and as always I was sitting at my usual place in room 127. I eyed the drawing of the fishes, the sea monster, the cliffs, the sun, the boat and all the messages. So it wasn’t my future boyfriend, right? Slowly I began to rub the messages away.

“What are you doing??” Niel hissed.

“Cleaning the desk!” I said.

“Hajima! Just let it be!”

“Why?”

“Just because!”

“But…”

“No buts! Am I right, Changhyun?”

“What?” the boy next to me asked.

“Chanhee shouldn’t clean the desk!”

“No! But why-“

“See? Even Changhyun wants you to let your drawings on the desk!”

I laughed at Niel who was trying hard to stop me from my actions. Then I gave up on cleaning the desk.

When the bell rang everyone was jumping up from their seats and running out of the room. But then the teacher stopped Niel and me.

“Lately you two have been talking a lot during lessons. Do you have questions or something?”

“N-No it was just because… life was interesting these days…” Niel said.

“More interesting than my lessons?”

“I wouldn’t say more interesting but… yes!” Niel grinned cheeky.

I giggled.

“Detention! For the two of you! NOW!” the teacher scolded.

 

“Great, Niel! Just great! Why did you have to be that cheeky?”
“He provoked me…” Niel mumbled. “Mianhae…”

I sighed. Detention! I have never been in detention before. Of course we now had to stay in 127 so we went back to our desk and sat down.

Gradually the other students, the biggest troublemakers of our school, came. But someone surprised me with his presence.

Byunghun!

The moment our gazes met, he immediately looked away but went straight to the chair next to me. Why? There were about twenty chairs left! Why’d he choose this one??

I turned to Niel in order to start a conversation but he was already chatting with a really scary looking guy. I stared at the blackboard.

“Chanhee?” Byunghun suddenly spoke up. I tried to ignore him.

“Chanhee??” but he won’t let go.

“What?”

“Last Friday that… I’m really sorry! I didn’t mean to be that… rude…”

“…”
“I said that I’m disappointed about you being a boy but…”

“Can we talk about that later please?” I asked.

“Umm… of course… you’re free after detention?”

“I think so…”

I really wanted to talk to him right now. I wanted to know what he was going to say. But I also wanted to let him wait.

Silently we sat in 127. One hour which seemed so endless. Niel was tapping his fingers on the desk, Byunghun tapped his feet and I was just starring holes in the air. I just wanted to go out of there! After what felt like some weeks in prison (not that I ever experienced that but that was how I imagined it to be) the teacher finally let us go.

“So the two of you are going to spend the afternoon together? Great! Have fun!” Niel sang and before I could say anything he was already out of sight. I looked over to L.Joe.

“Uhm… so… do you want… ice cream?” he asked hesitantly.

“I thought we’re going to talk…”

“Why can’t we eat ice cream while doing so?”

“And you’re sure about eating ice cream with a boy?” I said sarcastic.

“Chanhee… I didn’t mean it like that…”

“But you said it like that!”

“I was just… a bit surprised! I’m really sorry!”

“Let’s eat ice cream!”

I knew that it wasn’t the right way to behave… but I didn’t want to be the weak boy forgiving everyone because he said sorry.

We were walking to the nearest ice cream shop without saying a single word. It was kind of awkward.

“What flavor?” Byunghun broke the silence as we arrived there.

“Strawberry!” I mumbled.

He ordered one strawberry ice cream for me and a chocolate one for himself. Then we sat on a bench nearby.

“Listen Chanhee… I’m really sorry about being so mean to you!”

“You were just being honest!”

“No I wasn’t!” he sighed.

“Then why-?”

“IwasnervousashellbecausethetruthisthatIlikeyou!”

Although he was speaking incredibly fast I got what he said. I looked at him with big eyes. He… what??

I was brought back to reality as I felt the cold ice cream running down my fingers. I it away hastily. Byunghun chuckled softly. I blushed.

“So… do you accept my apology?”

“W-Which apology?”

“Don’t make me saying it again please…!”

“Oh erm… I… I t-think I l-like you t-too…” What did he do to me? I wasn’t even planning to say this!

“You do?”

“…Ne!” I looked down at my feet to hide my burning face.

“You’re really cute Chanhee, you know that?”

 

*C.A.P POV*

 

L.Joe was smiling brightly at Chanhee who was looking at the ground. Was that a good sign? But when Niel began squealing next to me I knew it was.

“They’re so cute! So cute, so cute, so cuuuteee~! I hope they’ll be a couple soon!”

I chuckled. Did Niel know that he was even cuter than these two?

“I’m so happy for Chanhee right now! And of course for Byunghun too… I can’t believe that Chanhee really forgave him!”

“You don’t even know that yet!” I laughed.

“I know! Look at them! They look really happy! Such a cu-“ The way he was spazzing over the two was too much for me. I cupped his face with my hands and slightly pressed my lips against his soft ones. At first his eyes shot wide open but after some seconds he closed them. And I did too.

As I let go of him he still had his eyes closed.

“I think we also could be a cute couple. What do you think?” I said smiling.

Niel then jumped towards me and wrapped his arm around my neck.

“Neeee~ we will beat them with cuteness!” He squealed. I laughed. Really… that boy was unbelievable!


Yaaaay~ finally NAP are together *-* (they were spying on ChunJoe? o.O) thanks for reading