Chapter 4

Fishes and a sea monster

*ChunJi POV*

 

I stared at the desk, the fishes, the sea monster and all the messages we wrote. My heart started beating faster. I was nervous as hell. In twenty minutes I’ll know who the boy was… just twenty minutes…

I counted down the time waiting for the meeting with Mr. Unknown.

“Do I look okay?” I asked Niel a bit worried.

“Yes Chanhee… everything’s fine! You’re really excited, am I right?” he laughed.

“OF COURSE I AM!!” I exclaimed a bit louder than I should.

“Whoa… I never knew you can be that hyper… usually that’s my part.”

The teacher sent us a death glare… one day he will kick us out of class…

 

“You’re not coming with me?” I looked at Niel a bit shocked.

“Of course not! You have to go alone!”

“But…”

“But NO!” Niel said and pushed me a bit towards the meeting point. “Good luck!” He then waved and ran away. A bit dumbfounded I stood there waiting for that someone to arrive. But what if he just played a prank on me? If he never wanted to see me? Suddenly I started to worry and was about to leave when I heard someone saying my name.

 

*L.Joe POV*

 

Some minutes before I met Chanhee I have to admit I was a bit nervous. Maybe it really was a pretty girl… or boy.

I went to the place where I wanted to meet Chanhee. Jonghyun already went home and Minsoo said he wanted to meet someone too.

As I was able to see the meeting point my heart almost stopped as I saw who was standing there. No! NO! NO NO NO! This couldn’t be! There was no way that Chanhee was… him!

The blonde boy with the breathtaking smile.

I slowed down not wanting to seem rushed. I waited some seconds before I spoke.

“Chanhee?”

He immediately turned around and looked at me with big, shining eyes.

“N-ne?”

His voice was so lovely… I suddenly felt some butterflies in my belly. Seeing that Chanhee wasn’t just any girl but that pretty boy made me feel even more nervous.

“So… you’re a boy…” I stammered and shortly after I mentally slapped myself. That came out as something I was not happy about.

“O-of c-course I am! W-what did you th-think?” he stuttered and blushed. Why so cute, Chanhee?

“Uhm… nothing! Nice to meet you, Chanhee!” I said trying to sound as cool as possible.

“N-nice to m-meet you too, Byunghun!”

“You already know my name?”

“E-everyone does, right?”

I laughed. He was just way too cute. Inside of me everything was spazzing over his cuteness but I had to remain calm. Remember you’re cool, Byunghun!

“Surprised to see me here?” I asked him.

“A b-bit!”

“Actually I was surprised to see you too! I really thought you’re a girl!”

“A girl?” He tilted his head to the side cutely. Woah! That questioning face of his… It was too hard to handle my feelings.

“Because of these fishes… drawing fishes is pretty girly!” I stated.

“It is? How can a drawing be g-girly?”

“It just can…”

“And d-drawing sea monsters is manly?” He was so sweet and innocent… But maybe I should stop this… I couldn’t fall for a boy…

“Ne, so… I’m sorry but… I’ll leave now… you’re not the one I expected. Mianhae!”

“O-okay. Then I’m s-sorry too!” he said softly. His sad expression almost broke my heart but… I couldn’t! I would just fall for him even more…

“Bye then!”

“Bye”

 

*Niel POV*

 

Chanhee was just standing there watching Byunghun walking away.

“What happened?” I asked and put my hand on his shoulder.

“He wanted a girl!” he said.

“What? Really?” Why? Didn’t Minsoo tell me something else?

“Ne! But it’s okay… I guess…”

“If you say so…”

That was strange… how could he? Chanhee was almost crying! Why did he have to break his heart? Was Minsoo even telling the truth?

 

The next day I was standing in front of a classroom waiting for Chanhee. But then Minsoo appeared in front of me wanting to say something.

“We need to talk!” I said without even listening to what he was going to say.

“I know! Let’s meet in a minute in 127!”

“Okay!”

Minsoo went away and Chanhee was coming out of the room.

“I have to go to the toilet, okay! Don’t wait for me!” I excused myself.

“Alright! Have fun~!” Chanhee laughed.

Then I ran to 127. Minsoo was already waiting there.

“So I heard Byunghun screwed up big time… how is Chanhee?” he asked me.

“He seems to be fine… but I’m not sure! He didn’t talk much since yesterday… I don’t even know what exactly happened!”

“Byunghun told him that he expected a girl… and then he went away.”

“Just that?”

“Just that! Byunghun is a real coward! He told me afterwards that he was afraid to fall for Chanhee even more!”

“I don’t understand him… if he likes Chanhee he should just tell him.”

“You don’t have to tell me that!”

“And what do we do now? I’m pretty sure Chanhee likes Byunghun too… he always stares at him…”

“Chanhee was starring at Byunghun? I just noticed someone else starring…” he smiled his killer smile.

“Really? Who?”

“You!”

“WHAT? I never starred at anyone!” I squeaked. But I felt my face getting hot revealing that I lied. “ANYWAYS… We should think about how to help Byunghun and Chanhee!” I quickly changed the topic.

Minsoo giggled. “I’ll try to talk to Byunghun again… maybe he’ll change his mind…”

“I hope so… I don’t like seeing Chanhee putting on a fake smile…”