Chapter 3

Fishes and a sea monster

*Niel POV*

 

On Wednesday Chanhee and I were walking to the cafeteria to have lunch. I tried to hurry because I wanted to get a seat near the kingka’s table but then Chanhee stopped.

“I’m going to the toilet! Go and find a good seat, I’ll come later!” he said.

“Ne, I’ll try!”

Then I ran as fast as I could. I won’t stop believing that someday Minsoo will notice me, the boy always sitting at the table beside him. Waaah! That would be such a good lovestory~

Luckily I really managed to get a good seat. I was able to look straight at the kingka’s table. But where was Minsoo? I only saw Byunghun and Jonghyun sitting there.

“Excuse me?” someone suddenly spoke behind me. I nearly jumped off my chair.

“Don’t scare me!” I said as I was turning my head to see who was talking to me.

“Mianhae! I didn’t mean to!” M-MINSOO?!? “Erm… can I ask you something?”

“Y-yes… o-of course!” I mentally slapped myself. Why was I stuttering? I had to look cool in front of him and not like some idiot…

“It’s about your friend. The blonde one. What’s his name?”

My whole world crashed down with these words. Is Minsoo interested in Chanhee? I thought he wanted to talk to ME! It took all my strength not starting to cry. But I had to stay fair! If he want’s Chanhee… it’s okay… as long as he’s happy… and Chanhee is my friend so he also deserved to be with Minsoo…

“It’s Chanhee. Why do you want to know?”

“Following… you know about these desk-writing-thing between Chanhee and someone unknown, right?”

“Ne, but why…”

“That someone is Byunghun!”

“BYUNG-“

“Shh!”

“Okay… but… why are you telling me that?”

“Because I want you to help me!” My heart jumped a little. Bang Minsoo wanted ME to help him? Daebak! Even though it was because of Chanhee…

“And how? Why?”

“This is supposed to be a secret so, please don’t tell anyone! It’s because Byunghun likes Chanhee.”

“WHAAAT?” I squeaked. So that meant Minsoo doesn’t like Chanhee?

“SHH! He doesn’t know that it’s Chanhee he is texting with. I want him to find it out by himself.”

“And where’s my part?”

“You’re going to tell Chanhee! Because Byunghun doesn’t want to write his name on the desk, Chanhee has to. I really want them to get to know each other.”

“Niel?!” I heard Chanhee saying. “What the…”

“I have to go now… see you…!” Minsoo waved and went to the kingka’s table.

“Y-you… that was… Minsoo? Why didn’t you tell me that…?”

“He just came and ask me something…” I answered and tried to sound as calm as possible.

“And what?”

“Just something… not important.” I lied. Chanhee looked at me questioning.

“Somehow I don’t believe you…” he mumbled.

 “Chanhee… If there’s something important I would tell you! I promise!”

“Okay…”

I never lied to Chanhee so I was not sure if he would believe me or not… but I think at first it was okay! And now excuse me, I have to freak out because… MINSOO TALKED TO MEEEEE!!!

 

 

*ChunJi POV*

 

I really wondered what Minsoo asked Niel. Why wouldn’t Niel tell me? Normally he would tell me every single word Minsoo said… so what was wrong?

“Chanhee… I think you should write your name on the desk!”

“Huh?”

“You should make the first move…”

“I don’t know… Let’s wait and see what he wrote last time…!”

We were walking to 127 and as always I couldn’t wait to see if there was something new written on the desk. And of course it was!

 

Too bad…

 

Was just written there.

“Come on… just write who you are! I bet he will tell you his name then!” Niel said.

“Do you really think I should?”

“YEES! Do it already!”

After hesitating a bit I finally took my pencil and wrote:

 

k… I’ll tell u my name… its Lee Chanhee

 

 

*L.Joe POV*

 

I read that line again and again and again and again… Lee Chanhee. Who was Lee Chanhee? I didn’t know anyone named Chanhee. And usually I know a LOT of people.

“Minsoo? Jonghyun? Do you know someone named Chanhee?”

“No… I don’t think so… sorry!” Jonghyun said. “Maybe it’s a fake name because she doesn’t want you to find her…”

“Or him!” Minsoo added.

“No way! That’s a girl!” Jonghyun laughed.

“I wouldn’t be that sure…”

“Are you trying to say something?” I asked Minsoo.

“Not really! But I think you should write your name and arrange a meeting with that Chanhee. Then you’ll know if it’s a girl or a boy.” he said.

“Bad idea! If I’d write my name then everyone sitting at this desk will know that it’s me…”

“Maybe you're right!” Jonghyun said. “But you really should meet Chanhee!”

“Are you sure? I don’t know…! Maybe Chanhee thinks that I like her or something…”

“And we all know you don’t because you like the blonde! But I also think that you really want to know who Chanhee is…”

I sighed and wrote

 

today after school behind the sports field