Chapter 5

Fishes and a sea monster

*L.Joe POV*

 

It was the worst Friday afternoon in my life. I sat in my room and felt really bad about being so mean to Chanhee. Maybe he thought I hate him… poor boy. Why didn’t I just tell him the truth? Oh yes I know! Because I’m the world biggest idiot! I buried my face in my hands and sighed.

Suddenly my phone was ringing. I looked at the screen to see that I got a message from Minsoo.

 

Meet me in front of my house in 5 minutes, pabo!

 

Even Minsoo was calling me a pabo… I really made a big mistake! Although I didn’t want to do anything that day, I stood up and got ready for going outside.

As I ran down the stairs my mother looked at me questioning.

“Where are you going?”

“Meeting Minsoo!” I answered shortly and headed out of the house.

Because his house was just two blocks away I made it in time. Minsoo was already waiting there.

We went to a nearby park and sat down on a bench.

“So… why are you calling me out?” I asked finally.

“It’s about Chanhee!”

“Not again…”

“I’m sorry but… I think it’s important! You’ve hurt him, you know?”

“Yeah… I know…”

“You really need to fix it as soon as possible!” he said.

“And how? I’m afraid…”

“Of what?”

“…”

“See? There’s nothing to be afraid of! Please talk to him once again… show him that you don’t hate him!”

“I guess I have to…” I sighed. How should I do that? I didn’t even managed to have a normal conversation with him…

 

*Chanhee POV*

 

“He hates me!” I sighed.

“No I don’t think so…!” Niel said. He just wanted to cheer me up. I didn’t even know why I was so down because of Byunghun. He never was something special to me. He just was the boy everyone admired… But something was different the moment I stood in front of him knowing he is the one I texted with. I felt nervous, my heart was beating a bit faster than usual. Was it possible to fall for someone just by exchanging some drawings and messages?

“He just left without saying anything but Sorry you’re not the one I expected. What shows you that he doesn’t hate me?”

“At least he said sorry! He could’ve just turned around and went away.”

“Oh wow! I think he almost loves me!” I hissed.

“Why shouldn’t he? You’re nice…”

“My best friend says… Thank you Niel!”

“You’re welcome!” he laughed. I shook my head.

“So… you still have to tell me what Minsoo asked you two days ago! I just don’t believe what you told me back then.”

“That it wasn’t important? But it really was! Just believe me, okay?”

“Is there something you’re hiding from me?”
“I’d never do that! Minsoo just… asked me for your name.”

“MY name? Wae?” I was a bit confused. Why didn’t he ask me personally then?

“He… he just wanted to know, I guess…”

“There must be a reason!”

“But there wasn’t…”

I raised an eyebrow. “Ahn Daniel!”

“I… I can’t tell you! I’d love to but I really can’t do!”

“Come on… I really wanna know!”

He sighed and shook his head.

“What could be such a big secret?”

“…”

“JUST TELL ME PLEEEAASEE!!” Patience was never a strength of me.

“Minsoo saw that you’re the one who was drawing on the desk. It was before you wrote your name so he asked me about it.”

“I don’t understand. Why didn’t he tell Byunghun who I am? Then he would’ve known I’m a boy.”

“He wanted Byunghun to find out by himself… because…”

“Because what?”

“That’s all I can say! I’m really sorry Chanhee! But I hope you’ll see soon! And stop pouting!”

 

*Niel POV*

 

On Monday in school Chanhee tried hard not to meet with Byunghun. If he saw him he would always turn around and walk somewhere else. And that annoyed me a lot.

“Why can’t you go as usual? I don’t think he will kill you for passing!”

“But I don’t want to see him!”

“You act like a five year old!”

“So what? I’ll go to my locker now. We’ll meet in class, okay?”

“Ne!”

 

As soon as Chanhee was out of sight, Minsoo appeared next to me.

“Have you talked to him?”

“Yes! He really thinks Byunghun hates him! He tries to ignore him.”

“That’s not good! I also talked to Byunghun. He regrets not telling Chanhee the truth. But he has no idea how to fix it.”

“At first he should apologize… but that will be difficult since Chanhee always runs away from him.”

“Tie his hands and feet together! Then he can’t.” Minsoo suggested.

I laughed imagining this. Maybe I really should do it because Chanhee can be so stubborn sometimes.

“I have to go now…”

“Oh Niel, wait a minute!”

“Ne?!”

“C-can I have your phone number?” he asked rubbing his neck slightly.

“Oh erm… of course! Do you have a notepad or something?”

“No. I lost it last week!”

“I found a blue one. Maybe it’s yours?” I took out the little book I found in 127.

“Ne it is!”

“So all of these drawings were yours?” I guessed while searching for a space to write down my number. I found one below all these girl’s numbers. I was the first boy writing his number there.

“Do you like them?”

“I do! They’re really great! Maybe you will become famous with them one day!” I said and gave him back his notepad.

“Thanks! But I don’t want to make them public. I prefer becoming a famous rapper!” he told me.

“Really? I really want to sing in my future!”

“Let’s collaborate then!” he laughed.

“Sound’s great! But I really have to go now! See you later!”


So what will Byunghun do to apologize? *curious*

 

I wanna say thank you to all my subscribers :) and thanks for commenting. I'm happy about every single comment *-*