Chapter 13

Fishes and a sea monster

*Chanhee POV*

 

“Woah! Look! Byungie drew me a heart!” I said happily pointing at the desk. It was already last lesson on Friday and everyone was looking forward to the weekend.

“Cute…” Niel mumbled.

Why was he like that? Normally he would be happy for me…

“Niel? Is everything okay?” I asked.

“N-ne… I’m alright…”

“Okay…” I nodded and drew another heart next to Byungie’s.

Somehow I didn’t believe him but what should I do?

“What are you two doing today after school?” Changhyun asked us.

“Erm…” I laughed silently “Actually I’ll go out with Byungie again…”

“And Niel?”

“I’ll meet Minsoo. Isn’t Jonghyun with you today?”

“He is. But we wanted to ask you two if you want to go shopping with us…”

“I’m sorry but I already promised Byungie to be alone today…”

Niel coughed laughing. “Do you guys want to repeat what happened after Jonghyun’s party?”

“YAH! Ani! We just…”

“Whatever…”

“Did you really did it back then?” Changhyun asked curiously.

“Actually we…”

“Do you want to attend detention again?” The teacher scolded.

“Mianhae!” we three apologized.

And again I was cut off… Maybe Niel and Changhyun just shouldn’t know…

 

*Niel POV*

 

Why couldn’t Minsoo do something cute for me? He didn’t even asked me out…

We kissed a lot and also we already did some… other things…

Not that I didn’t like that… no, I loved it… but it just wasn’t as cute as the things Byunghun was doing for Chanhee…

“Niel? What are you thinking about?” Minsoo asked me as we were sitting on his bed. His back leaned against the headboard and I had my head leaning on his strong chest.

“Nothing…”

“You can’t think about nothing… what’s the matter?”

“I’s really nothing…”

“Nielie~ you seem so sad…”

“I’m not!”

“You are!”

“Fine…”

“And why? Did I do something?”

“Nope… but that’s why!” I suddenly felt a big lump in my throat.

Minsoo tightened his grip around me. “What should I do then?”

“You didn’t even noticed?” Now tears formed in my eyes. I couldn’t help it.

“… I’m sorry but… no.”

“You’re stupid!” I freed myself from his hug and hopped off the bed. “Find out yourself!”

Without waiting for his reply I rushed out of his room. I left the house and ran down the street until I finally arrived at my house.

I threw myself onto my bed and cried into my fluffy pillow. Why was he like that? Why didn’t he noticed?

I knew I was overreacting since Minsoo actually couldn’t know what was wrong… but somehow I just expected him to know…

 

*Minsoo POV*

 

I stood there dumbfounded, blankly starring at the door. What was that? What did I do wrong?

As I got back my senses I quickly took my phone and tried to call him. But of course he didn’t pick up… Sighing I sat down on the floor and ran my hands through my hair. Why, Niel?

I grabbed my phone again and called Byunghun. Luckily he was answering the call.

“Yeoboseyo?”

“Hey… It’s me, Minsoo… I’m sorry for disturbing… whatever you guys are doing just now but…”

“It’s okay! Channie is making cake and I’m just watching~” he laughed. I heard Chanhee protesting in the background.

“Good… listen! I had a fight with Niel… or… he had a fight with me!”

“Huh? What happened?”

“I DON’T KNOW~” I whined. “He suddenly screamed at me about something I did wrong…”

“And what was it?”

“He didn’t want to say… He wants me to find out by myself.”

“Do you have any clue?”

“Not really… he said something about that it wasn’t because what I did but because of something I didn’t…”

“He wants you to do something cute!” Chanhee’s voice suddenly appeared.

“But I did!” I said.

“Seems like it wasn’t enough!”

“Byunghun! Get him away from your phone! He’s talking nonsense!”

“…But I guess he’s right… Just do something like… asking him for a date… or how about cooking something for him?” Byunghun suggested.

“I don’t want to kill him!” I laughed. “Okay… I’ll think about it… thanks Chanhee!”

“No problem~” Chanhee sang.

“And what about me?” Byunghun asked.

“Erm… bye?”

“YAH!”

With that I ended the call.

Something cute, ne? What could be cute…?

Then I remembered Niel spazzing about my drawings… Maybe I should draw something for him? But what? I thought about everything Niel likes… soccer… music… me…

Nothing you can draw… Or should I rap something for him? Then I’d have to write a good rap… and that would take a long time… I shouldn’t let Niel wait for so long…

Finally I decided to draw something… I sat down and began to draw an abstract picture… something that included all of Niel’s likes.

As I was done I eyed my work. It seemed to be good! I quickly took the picture and ran out of my house. I should show it to Niel as soon as possible.

 

It was too late when I noticed that it was raining… but I didn’t care that moment. I just ran and ran until I arrived at Niel’s house. Panting I rang the doorbell.

Niel opened it with puffy red eyes. “What do you want?”

“Niel… I’m sorry for not showing you my love properly…” I said and shoved my picture over to him. He laughed. Why was he laughing??

“Minsoo…”

“Ne?”

“I can’t see anything!”

“What?” I took it out of his hands again. Oh… the rain ruined everything… of course… How stupid was I to not think about that? I looked at it a bit embarrassed.

Niel who was still laughing suddenly jumped on me and hugged me.

“You’re a real pabo~” he chuckled. "But... I think I also should apologize... I overreacted a bit..."

“Niel… it’s raining! You’re getting wet too!”

“I don’t care!” he mumbled.

But then he pulled me with him into his house and closed the door…


Ouh... Minsoo put so much effort in the picture... :/ But it's the thought that counts xD

 

By the way... I think I will end this story with the next chapter... hope you will support it until the end :)

Thanks for reading, subscribing, commenting... <3