Chapter 1

Fishes and a sea monster

*ChunJi POV*

“So... who wants to tell me about the text we just read?“ the teacher asked us.

And no one… really NO ONE wanted to tell the teacher about the text we just read. Because no one read the text. I didn’t even know what text she was talking about. It was Monday. Last lesson for today. Room 127, the ugliest room of our school. Lost in thoughts I began to draw a little fish on the desk. Cute little fish… with big fish lips…

“What are you doing?” my best friend Niel whispered to me.

“I’m drawing a fish…” I answered.

“Why?”

“It just came into my mind…”

“Chanhee! Daniel!” the teacher scolded. “Be quiet!”

“Ne, seonsaeng-nim!” we said in unison.

I looked back at the little fish. He was a bit lonely… I quickly took my pencil and drew another fish. Now my little fish had a friend. I also drew some water around them. Smiling I eyed my piece of art when the bell rang. YESS!

As we were walking home, Niel suddenly stopped and squeaked.

“What’s wrong?” I asked.

“There’s… Minsoo!”

“Oh really, Niel? Really? You’re fangirling again!”

“I know… but…”

“No buts! Stop it! That Minsoo will never pay attention to you… he doesn’t even know you exist!”

“Yeah… I know already... but…”

“NIEL!”

 

The next day I was sitting at the desk in 127 listening to the teacher and taking notes. Then I noticed the two fishes I drew yesterday. But the picture was different. Someone drew a big sea monster trying to eat my fishes. Who would draw something like that? These poor little fishes…

“Hey Niel, look! A sea monster!”

“A sea Monster? How creative!” he laughed. “Weren’t that your fishes?”

“Yes they were! What do you think? Who would draw a sea monster?” I asked.

“A boy… but maybe from the younger ones…”

“Ne… I think you’re right…!”

Somehow I couldn’t let that picture like that so I started to draw some rocks, cliffs and sea grasses. I also added a little boat.

“Do you think someone will draw something again?” Niel asked.

“Molla… but it would be funny…”

“Right”

“DANIEL! CHANHEE!!”

“Mianhaeyo, seonsaeng-nim!”

 

And that someone HAD drawn something new. It was a man jumping from the cliffs I had drawn yesterday. The first thing I did was to draw a bungee rope. That poor person should not die such a tragic death! Then I drew a sun to create a happier atmosphere. It should be a sunny day at the sea. But as I looked at our picture the next day, the other had drawn a big cloud in front of the sun and a shark biting the rope. He wasn’t a happy person, right? I thought about what to draw next but I had no ideas anymore. That poor man jumping down the cliffs had to die. Instead of drawing I decided to write something.

 

Why so negative?

 

“Are you trying to contact that person?” Niel questioned.

“Of course! Isn’t that pretty exciting?”

“If you say so…”

“Who knows… maybe its Minsoo~” I sang.

“As if…” Niel laughed.

“What’s that?” the boy sitting on my right side, Changhyun, asked me.

“What?”

“That picture. Have you drawn it?”

“Not everything. It was me and some other student!” I said.

“Who?”

“I don’t know either…”

 

 

*L.Joe POV*

 

Why so positive?

 

I wrote down. I was not negative. I just found it funny to see how she was changing my drawings. I’m pretty sure it was a girl. Only girls are drawing fishes and suns.

“Do you think she’s pretty?” Minsoo asked me.

“Of course she is!” I laughed. “She has to!”

He shook his head. “And she thinks you’re negative…”

“We all know I’m not!”

 

 

*ChunJi POV*

 

Why so positive?

 

“Niel? What should I answer?”

“I don’t know… What about if… you ask for his name?”

“Not yet…” I said shaking my head.

“Why not?”

“I’m not sure…!”

“But I really want to know who he is! Maybe he is your dream boy?”

I laughed and slightly hit his shoulder. “YAH!”

“Please!”

“Really?”

“Yes! Come on, the week is almost over!”

“Okay…!”

 

Who R U?

 

But what if someone was cleaning the desks during the weekend? Then I would never know who he was…

“Do you think they will clean the desks?” I worried.

“No not really… why else would all these desks be so dirty?” Niel laughed. I guessed he was right. Or… I HOPED he was right…

 


At my school the desks are not getting cleaned during weekend... '~'

what about you? :D