Guide #7 (part 2)

Guides to Date a Fanboy

To say Minho’s world collapsing was an understatement. He was pretty sure there is no word in the dictionary to exactly describe the weird feeling inside him. How do you even describe the tingling feel inside your heart which followed by the constant churns on your stomach, also the urge to pulled your hair because somehow it stressed you out yet it was so enjoyably amazing.

 

 

People would say it was love, but love isn’t supposed to come that fast, right? It should’ve come slowly but sure and it hit right through your heart and sometime your lungs because you forget how to breathe properly.

 

 

To think of it, what Minho felt was somehow close than what so they called love. But no, not now. And not with a boy, Minho thought. He wasn’t a homophobic, he believed everyone deserved to love their loved ones no matter what. But up until then, he never put himself as you know, a gay.

 

 

But somehow, there was something about Taemin that amazed him. Minho noticed it as their practice schedule got even tighter and he basically spent more time on the school theatre with the rest of the cast and their pretty director, Lee Taemin than spending it on the football field. Everybody knew, Taemin is indeed the prettiest in the whole theatre, he even prettier than Soojung (which Soojung agreeing the fact right away).

 

 

First, Taemin worked the hardest than anybody else. He stayed behind when everyone went home, he did the costume design with Kibum, he arranged the stage, he rehearsed with the acts, he always did something. Which Minho found kind of appealing, not the way Taemin’s beaded sweat fell down from his temple though, of course not Minho wasn’t that weird (well, not really)

 

 

Second, Taemin was the most talented than everybody in the theatre compiled. Taemin had this ability to wowed people by his moves, he could dance to the sound of pouring rain and it would be an instant recital. When the kid who was in charge of making the music background called in for sick, Taemin stepped in and played the piano, and he played it better than the kid!

 

 

Minho would secretly watch Taemin running around the stage with props on his right hand and the script on his left, then he would silently chuckled as Taemin slightly tripped but he managed to stood straight right away. Unbeknownst, there was someone watching him silently and ready to get their action…

 

 

“You like him don’t you!” Soojung literally screamed in front of Minho.

 

 

“Geez Soojung, keep the voice low would you?” Minho panicked “and which him are you talking about?”

 

 

“Minho, I know you’re dense but don’t be too obvious”

 

 

“No I am not” he protested

 

 

“Yes you are” Soojung retorted “Beside, he likes you as well, if you’re too dense to even notice it”

 

 

“WAIT WHAT? HE LIKES ME?” Minho said almost instantly as everyone in the room look at him with weird look.

 

 

“Shut up! you embarrassing yourself. Yes Minho, Lee Taemin likes you, Kibum told me and you know, you two just like the pieces of a puzzle, we, I mean Kibum and I put everything together and voila! The whole picture of you in have a thing for Taemin and vice versa showed up loud and clear” Soojung said with a proud smile on his face.

 

Then it hit Minho hard, watching the younger moved swiftly between the props scattered around the stage, he realized, he was indeed have a thing for Taemin. Minho didn’t want to jump in to the whole idea of being in love because he wasn’t sure enough. But he realized how his breath sometimes got caught between Taemin’s piano playing or his beautiful dance, or the way he could stay still on his bed imagining Taemin lying beside him. but was he ready for the whole relationship thing? besides, he haven’t heard it himself from Taemin.

 

 

The thought of Taemin had a crush on him excite him to the point he could dance around the theatre and not bothering weird look people given to him. soojung could only watch her silly friend making a fool of himself “idiot”

 

 

Ever since Soojung’s intervention (or more like revelation), Minho never missed every single rehearsal , he even stayed behind when most of the people going home. Minho told Taemin he wanted to help, which Taemin would gladly accepted because first, he really need help with the props and second, he wanted to spend more time with Minho.

 

 

The funny thing about being in love with someone you haven’t really sure if they fall for you the same way, was you tend to become really really really awkward. Even though they were practically alone, their conversation never get too far than “how are you?” “yeah good, you?” “me too” “do you need any help?” “yes, please” “I have to go home. See you later” “yeah see you hyung” bleh Minho hated it.

 

 

3 days before the show, Taemin announced he wouldn’t be able to directing that day because he need to go home early and let Kibum in charge. Kibum plus him being in charge equals hell. Minho knew his friend was a perfectionist but his directing style was far from a certain someone.

 

 

Halfway, Minho found himself drenched in water, he later found out it was Kibum who drenched him with water because he was dozing off while practicing. Minho had enough and went home early, if Taemin wasn’t going to be there, why should he be?

 

 

“Minho! you’re home early” Minho’s mom squealed. Well, to her defense, Minho hadn’t going home that early and that was why she surprised “Since you’re home, go change, we’re going to a welcome party!” she announced and pushed her son to his bedroom.

 

 

“Mom can’t I just stay home instead? Like you said, this is the first time I’m coming home early, I need some rest” Minho pleaded, even though he knew it wouldn’t make any difference. His mom is tough.

 

 

“No, you’re coming with me. I know you’ll like it, Minho”

 

 

“But you have to buy me that CD I told you before”

 

 

“What? Fine. Now get ready, we’re going to be late”

 

 

Exactly one hour and thirty uhm no thirty-one minutes later, they arrived at a house. It wasn’t as large as their house but Minho found it really pretty, with the well-managed garden and the squeaky clean floor. There were bunch of people already whom Minho had seen some of them on the company party his mom took him before. His mom told him to stay close. There were a lot of people and he could get lost, his mom said. And as usual, Minho was like, “Mom! I’m 16. I won’t get lost” which only caused his mom to hold his wrist even tighter.

 

 

Minho was too busy texting –more like explaining- to his co-captain on soccer team the reason he couldn’t make it to the practice on weekend when his mom talked to a woman. His mom nudged him, signing to say his greetings,

 

 

Minho bowed “Hello, my name is Minho. I’m 16 and I’m a grown up, I know how to drive but my mom wouldn’t let me. Nice to meet you” his mom shot a glare at him but he just smile it away, the woman in front of them laughed followed by Minho’s mom who laughed rather awkwardly.

 

 

“You’re cute.” The woman said, pinching Minho’s cheek.

 

 

“Thanks, I get that a lot” Minho said seriously, but both of the women laugh it off like it is some kind of jokes. “I’m serious” Minho pouted and the women were squealed again. Did he really have that many aegyo? He asked himself.

 

 

Minho’s mom patted his son’s head lovingly “We know honey, we know,” she said “well, this is mrs. Lee, she’s one of my best friend in high school. she just came back from Japan to continue her study with her husband. Right?”

 

 

“Yes. And, I have someone you have to meet, Minho,” Mrs. Lee stated before her eyes wandering around the large room full of people and called out, “sweetheart! Baby come here!”

 

 

Minho was replying his text when a voice called him out and he looked up to find a certain boy he never expect to see in such a situation, “Minho, meet Taemin. Taemin, this is Minho”

 

 

Minho chocked on his own saliva and coughed hard, his mom panicked and patted his back. “Aigoo Minho, you’re still this awkward meeting new people?” Minho’s mom son.

 

 

“No. we’ve met,” Taemin told Minho’s mom “Hi, frog prince!”

 

 

“Frog prince?” the women asked synchronized

 

 

Minho nodded, “yes. I’ve told you about me leading on school play, right? It is the tale of frog prince and Taemin is the director” he explained, not missing Taemin’s smirk to him.

 

 

“Well, Taemin why don’t you show Minho the house and let the moms chatting by ourselves?” Taemin’s mom suggested. Minho’s eyes widened, no way he would stay

 

 

Rejecting elder's offer is a no no for Minho, so when Taemin's mom suggested it he just agreed right away. Taemin bowed politely to Minho's mom as he excused himself to take Minho walking around the house.

 

 

Taemin grabbed Minho's wrist, "so you won't get lost"

 

What's wrong with these people, I wouldn't get lost. Minho said to himself

 

 

Instead of complaining, he followed Taemin closely as his wrist was still on Taemin's grasp. Taemin took Minho to the library and the garden and the music room

 

 

"hey I dont know you can play bass"

 

 

"uhm I dont. But my brother does though"

 

 

Minho took a mental note to meet Taemin's brother later. Then, Taemin took Minho the last place he ever wanted to be when he was alone with Taemin, Taemin's bedroom. Minho fidgeting about his decision whether to rejected the offer by saying "no Taemin, i need to pee" -which was lame excuse because minho realized the younger must have a bathroom in his room- or he could just leave without saying a word, which would be obviously rude. Not knowing which one to choose, Taemin already pulling him into his room.

 

 

Taemin's room was spacious, no, it was pretentious! Minho tried hard not to show the fact that he was swooned by the room, not to mention it's his junior. Yep, a senior pride. No matter how cute and adorable Taemin was.

 

"So, what do you think hyung?" Taemin started. Screw that senior pride, Taemin was too cute to resist.

 

 

"It's pretty" Minho retorted

 

 

"Pretty?" Taemin echoed, his side glance minho from where he stood.

 

 

"Good? Amazing? Manly?" Minho said unsurely. Minho was bad at describing, really.

 

 

"I'll take amazing" Taemin smiled. "Make yourself at home, hyung. My mom has a lot to talk about" he informed as he connected his ipod with the speaker

 

 

The room was huge and really spacious also mirror covered on one side of the wall almost entirely with a bar before it. Minho watched as Taemin's feet moved exactly to the beat of the song he played on his ipod. Then, Minho realized why they had to make taemin's room that way. Taemin couldn't stop dancing.

 

 

"You could’ve just arranged one of the empty rooms here to be your dance practice room don’t you think?" Minho asked, still amazed by it

 

 

"No, I like it this way." Taemin replied

 

 

"Why?"

 

 

"As a reminder to do what I love once I wake up every day. I love dancing, thus I'd love to wake up every day to something that I love or something that reminds me of it"

 

 

Minho could see the latter's eyes shine, showing the fondness toward something he really treasure. Minho is the man of passion, and the way Taemin showed how passionate he is to something that he liked, Minho once again amazed by it.

 

 

Taemin opened the door that connecting his bedroom to the veranda and signed to Minho to follow him outside. Minho complied and walked towards it. The younger boy was back facing Minho, his hands gripped on the trail. Something about the back view of Taemin made Minho shivering. Taemin looked so fragile yet so beautiful and Minho was close to lose it.

 

 

“Hyung, Thank you.” Taemin suddenly said, eyes fixed kilometers upon them.

 

 

Minho looked to the younger, puzzled “for?”

 

 

“for believing in me. not many people believe in me on this whole thing,” he paused. Taking a deep breath and looked at Minho, “but you, you helped me through it. so thank you”

 

 

Minho replied with a smile. He kept thinking and thinking what should he say or should he do. So he smiled, because that was the only normal thing he could came up with (he even ignored the kiss kiss kiss kiss).

 

 

Minho studied Taemin’s feature under the moonlight. The moonlight perfectly emphasized how beautiful Taemin was. Minho held the urge to run his fingers through Taemin’s jawline and through his firm adam’s apple.

 

 

There was a brief moment of silence and it wasn’t the deafening and awkward one. Maybe it wasn’t silence at all because Taemin’s ipod still playing random songs and the noises from downstairs, yes it wasn’t silence. Let’s just say it was peace, between them. No not peace. Not peace because Minho’s mind was in war, between stay exactly in the same position or kissed Taemin right in his lips because the universe, decided to make Taemin facing him. and Taemin’s lips was so tempting.

 

 

He chose the latter.

 

 

Minho saw lots of fireworks party and kissing Taemin was sort of like it. sort of because it was more magical and more beautiful and Minho wanted more more more . Kissing Taemin was like tasting cotton candy for the first time, the happy feelings when you saw the fluffy clouds and the slight warmness when it touched the tip of your tongue and how it melted perfectly in your mouth, and you instantly devouring yourself onto it. It was all like that. Taemin tasted like caramel though, not cotton candy. But still, it was addicting enough that Minho was losing his mind.

 

 

Taemin hummed between the kisses, he didn’t moan like what the other people do. Minho noticed it. Taemin hummed because he enjoyed it, no he loved it. Kissing Minho reminded him of his first time on skydiving back on their family trip to Switzerland, the rush when he ride the helicopter and when he prepared to do the free fall, but the difference he didn’t afraid about the fall nor he wanted to bother checking on the safety equipment because he knew, Minho would catch him. Minho tasted like love love love (Taemin’s mind was too foggy to recognize any other taste on Minho’s mouth anyway)

 

 

They both parted when Minho’s phone went off. It was his mom telling him that they were going home.

 

 

Minho left after placed a peck on Taemin’s forehead, he didn’t forget to say “good night, dream of me” either.

 

 

Taemin thought how much of a Cinderella’s story their night was. And he felt a slight glee imagining he was the prince charming and Minho was the Cinderella, the phone call was the clock and the only thing Minho left, instead of his shoe was the butterfly feeling on the pit of Taemin’s stomach.