Guide #8 (finale)

Guides to Date a Fanboy

To say Minho was desperate would be an understatement, there's no word in the whole wide universe (Minho assumed) to describe how he felt. Even Shakespheare with all of his greatness wouldn't be able to describe how Minho felt in a perfect way there was. There were things going around his head and he just couldn’t find enough braveness (and the right word, of course) to really tell Taemin how he felt. And the younger one didn’t seem to notice it, even the slightest (once again, Minho assumed).

 

A week before Minho's birthday and he was pacing around his room, thinking about things that he probably shouldn't have think too much about at the first place. His mom had scolded him for ignoring her calls, his dad had complained about his lack of attention and his brother had told him to stop playing sad songs on the terrace ("Oh my God, Minho please I'm begging you. I am currently madly in love with someone but you and your negative energy are messing up with my mood. Please just stoooppp"). That was his way of letting out his emotion without anyone noticing it. And even though it was kind of pathetic, he was pretty content with it.

But everything wasn't okay, not when Taemin kept on ignoring him few days before his birthday.

Four days before Minho's birthday and he was alone at the café where Taemin had promised to meet him after school. His iced americano had been turned into "just americano", it wasn’t cold anymore by the time Taemin texted Minho saying he couldn’t make it "Onew hyung's surprise concert, sorry hyung" came. Gone the good forty five minutes he had spent waiting for the younger while staring at nothing particular (sometimes he also been the one as the object that people staring at). Disappointed, he decided to just go home and probably played another sad song in front of his hyung's room so he wouldn’t be the only sad person in the world.

Three days before his birthday, and Taemin was nowhere to be found. He came to the younger's class earlier than usual for lunch but his friend told him that Taemin was absent. Of course he's been trying to call on his boyfriend's cellphone, but to no avail. Oh, and he also called Taemin's mom and she said "didn’t he go to school with you?" and since Minho; the best boyfriend in the world (a self proclamation by your very own, Minho. Which Taemin agreed right away) wouldn't want his sneaky boyfriend to get into trouble with his parents, Minho had told Taemin's mom that the younger was probably went with his friends. Which was a lie, of course, because none of them know where Taemin was.

Calling his famous cousin was also on the list, but before he called Jinki, his mom told him something about his cousin being in another country for tour and he should've keep up with his cousin's schedules sometimes. Minho only shrugged it off, why would he even care about his famous cousin's schedule when his boyfriend was missing?

It was midnight when he got a text from Taemin saying he was just got back from Jinki's concert. And it made Minho suspicious as his mom just told him that Jinki was on overseas concert and there was no way Taemin would catch a flight in just few hours. At first, he wanted to confront him but then he thought he would just let this past. Even though he couldn’t lie, he was disappointed.

Two days before his birthday and at least Taemin was on his side, eating lunch under the shady tree, just the two of them. Taemin's mom had packed a lunch for them two, and they were happily eating it. Then, Taemin's phone rang, the younger instantly picked it up before stood up and tried to get away from Minho. Minho could see the urgency of the phone call as Taemin wasn’t the type of person to ignoring his boyfriend (Jinki hyung was an exception).

"who was it?" Minho asked calmly.

"no one" Taemin simply answered.

Minho didn’t push it any further but he would be lying if he said that he didn’t care at all.

The wind was breezing, the sun was shining but it was blocked by the dark clouds on Minho's heart.

"I-I think I need to go first, you can go back by yourself right?" not waiting for the younger's respond, Minho was on his feet to the only place he could think about, basketball court.

It was probably the calmness of an empty basketball court, or the squeaking sound of his shoes against the floor or maybe the constant pace when he dribbled his ball onto the ground that made Minho's heart in ease. He stopped crying when he was three, and he never planned on to break the record right now. He was disappointed but no, he never planned on crying.

So maybe his eyes got a little wet, and even though he would probably say that he was just sweating, he knew it was somehow a lie.

 

"Minho ya, honey, you have to eat" his mom coaxed from outside his room. Minho was too stubborn for his own good, only put the volume of the songs (another sad song, duh) he's been listening to even louder. "Minho, is this about Taemin? I could call him if you want"

No answer. As he buried his head even deeper on the pillow, he fell fast asleep. The sad songs kept playing from his ipod.

It was a day before his birthday and his life was a mess. His love life, at least. He just received a news saying that he got the highest score on math test today, but it didn’t seem to lift his mood up from days before. Not when he didn’t know how to talk to Taemin anymore. They weren't even fighting but it felt like there was a giant wall between them, both of them had no intention on breaking it down.

He woke up when the song had stopped playing; his ipod's battery was dead. It was 10 PM and he guessed that everyone in his house was asleep. Sleeping wasn't on the list of things he wanted to do right now, he's been asleep for 4 hours. So instead, he did things that he usually did when he couldn’t sleep. Sitting on the veranda, cross legged, guitar on his hold. Strumming another sad songs (his hyung would so mad at him the next morning).

That was before he felt; or heard, something unusual. Slowly, he looked down and what he saw almost made him jump from the second floor to the first floor. Taemin was there.

"Hyung! I brought something!" the younger lifted what Minho thought as a packed meal "my mom made it for you!"

Minho smiled so wide until his cheekbones hurt. He put his guitar down carefully and ran to the front door to get the love of his life. His heart pounded against his chest.

"Taemin ah!!!" he squealed, ignoring the fact that everyone in the house were in deep slumber. Funny how he kept creating scene of how to talk to the younger while it could be this easy.

"Hyung! I miss you and I'm sorry. I was so busy these couple of days and I just- umph" Minho cut the younger's speech with a kiss. Oh how long he hadn't taste the sweetness of the younger's mouth? Minho forgot how to count as their lips locking with each other and his legs almost giving up if it wasn’t for his boyfriend whose arms are firm against his waist.

He missed this, he missed Taemin. So much. "you're back" he whispered to the latter after their kisses, "and you are not going anywhere"

"I am not going anywhere"

The packed meal that Taemin's mom especially made for Minho apparently were seven type of dishes, "Mom wanted to give you an early birthday present, so she packed you all of these" Taemin explained.

On the other hand, Minho busy savoring the food his soon - to be - mother in law had made him. "Tell her I said thank" Minho said with a mouth full of food, Taemin could only chuckled by the action. He thought Minho was adorable that way.

"Aigoo, hyung" The younger wiped the rice that was stuck under the latter's lips "eat slowly, and you better tell her by yourself. She probably wanted to hear things from her soon - to be - in law" Taemin teased and Minho's face reddened.

They were young and they have times in the world on their hand, so marriage was nothing on their plan right then. Of course, they both pretty sure they were going to end up together as a one big happy family, just not in the near future. Someday though, someday.

"Hyung," Taemin called "do you have something in mind for your birthday?"

"I don’t know," sipping his drink "I mean yes, I was thinking something more special than just a couple bracelet. Don’t get me wrong, I love it and I think it is sentimental but you know, something really special? Then when I think again, I only want you. You are the best thing that ever happened to me and I don’t need anything else"

"cheesy"

"you don’t like cheesy things?"

"I do" Taemin replied "that's why I love you"

"I love you too"

They spent the night with catching up with everything in each other's life when they weren't together. The talk about "Onew hyung" was being avoided by them, Minho had to give the credit to Taemin for being able to hold his urge to talk about his famous cousin. The moment right now was for them and them only.

"sleep hyung, you have to look good for tomorrow" Taemin whispered, planting a sweet kisses on the sleepy boyfriend of his.

Minho murmured an "I love you" before slumber won against him.

Taemin checked the time on his phone, 12:00 AM. It was Minho's birthday already, he stopped at his track from the room and back to the sleeping figure on the bed. He looked down on the peaceful look of his boyfriend's face and smile lovingly, "happy birthday hyung. I love you" and placed another sweet kiss on the latter's lips. Taemin didn’t miss how Minho's lips tugging into a smile before he walked away from the bed.

Usually, Taemin would spend the night at Minho's house, but not today. Not when he had to make sure Minho would get the best birthday of his life.

 

The next morning…

Minho stirred in his sleep, he dreamt of the soft lips and the sweet loving orbs where he would want to stay and the smell of Taemin's shampoo. He dreamt of Taemin. So, when the first thing he saw after he opened his eyes wasn't the younger boy, his heart slightly dropped. Oh how much he had hoped Taemin would still be there on the morning.

Minho remembered the whole thing happened on the previous night. He remembered Taemin's voice calling him to go down stairs, and how amazing the meal that the younger had packed for him. And Taemin probably didn’t aware but Minho could feel the kiss on his lips, and it felt like the kiss still lingered on his lips.

Someone knocked his door, and he knew all too well that it'd be his family bringing him cake and the birthday meal for his birthday. Oh yes! That day was his birthday and he almost forgot about it.

"Happy birthday Minho!" everyone said in unison right after he opened the door. A cake was shoved on his face while his family telling him to make a wish before blowing the candle.

His mom went to hug him after handing the cake to his father, "oh my baby boy! You're all grown up now" his mom cried, "you are so tall now and I remember you were so tiny. I could hold you in my arms and now….oh Minho" his mom was always this emotional on every single birthday on both of his hyung and his birthdays. He's gotten used to it. And honestly, it was nice to have someone being so emotional on your birthday somehow. Reminding you that you weren't the only one who feel slightly bad because you're aging.

After his hyung finally pulled his mom aside so everyone could hug him as well, Minho's father came to him and gave him the kind of father-son hugs. Not lingering too long, always so simple, less emotional. But still, filled with love.

"So, 19 huh?" his brother said matter of fact-ly, Minho smiled as response "Happy birthday bro, welcome to the adult world" while the brothers were hugging, their mom snapped a picture of them. Squealing "how cute!" right after she saw the result of the picture.

As a privileged on his birthday, his mom had permitted him on not going to school that day (his father didn’t know about this though). Which to Kibum's dismay as he said on his text to Minho "I even prepared a mini surprise party for you. I won't give you any next year!"

It was already 10 in the morning; which could barely be called morning anymore, but still Taemin hadn't contacted him yet. No text, no phone call, no nothing. And it frustrated him so much he almost regretted his decision on skipping school.

 

To : Taeminnie

Where are you?

 

Minho kept it simple and not demanding, even though Minho was dying to know where in the world his boyfriend was.

 

To : Minho hyung

School.

 

Was Taemin's curt reply to Minho. The older grunted by the short reply. Weren't they just get back together the last night?

 

To : Taeminnie

Oh, okay. I skip school today

 

Minho cursed himself for being such a weirdo, why would you even told your boyfriend about you skipping school? Taemin had made it pretty clear that he hated it when the older skip school.

 

To : Minho hyung

Why?

 

He was so close to slamming his phone to the wall, he pushed away the thought of it at the end. His mom already told him he wouldn’t get another gadget after he (accidently) broke her new vase with his basketball. ("It was an accident, Mom!" "it wasn't when I told you for the millionth time not to dribble your ball around the house, no matter what the reason is")

He bored on his phone, contemplating on which the best way of saying "hey Taemin you're my boyfriend, shouldn’t you be the first one to wish me a happy birthday?" without really making the latter feeling guilty.

 

To : Taeminnie

Birthday privilege?

 

The birthday boy pressed the sent button quickly before he could change his mind and regret his decision.

It took a good 45 seconds for the reply to arrived, not that Minho been counting. Slowly, he grabbed his phone like it was some kind of bomb that would blow up in any minute. Entering his password (and failed twice), he realized he had been holding his breath for a long time. As he finally managed to read the text, he wished he could just melt like an ice cream in the summer of embarrassment.

 

To : Minho hyung

K then.

 

Flipping through the channel on the TV, he decided world was against him on his birthday. Okay, maybe that was a little bit dramatic as a reaction for the lack of good thing to watch on TV. He was all alone in his home; his hyung on the college, his mom had a meeting across the town, so did his dad with his never ending work.

"school would be better than this" he said to himself. "look at me, I'm turning 19 and I'm talking to myself"

The silence was deafening in his home, well, his phone was buzzing every once in a while with birthday message from his friends. To his disappointment, they weren't from the person he had been waiting the most.  Minho couldn’t take it anymore and went back to his room, thinking he could practice his band's new song with his guitar.

Taemin had told him the night before that his guitar skill was the best among all the guitarists he ever heard. One of those moments he thanked the heaven because his famous cousin didn’t know how to play the six strings instrument.

 After half of an hour, Minho felt hungry and decided to grab something to eat on the kitchen.

The door bell rang as he reached the last step of the stair. Curiously, he watched the monitor which connected to the cctv at the top of the door.

"uh?" no one was there but the bell kept ringing.

Minho was a brave guy and he didn’t believe the existence of the ghosts. So he was 100% sure the one who rang the bell on the door was a human being.

Hunger was long forgotten as he made his way to the front door. There was some part of his brain that told him to bring his hyung's baseball bat, in case the person on the side of the floor was violent.

Carefully, he opened the door and was greeted by two familiar looking men. In fact, it was too familiar that he dropped the baseball bat, knowing the 2 men wouldn’t give him any harm on his birthday.

But then again, world was against him on his birthday.

 

"Ya! Where are you going to take me?" he yelled, arms flailing to get away from the grip of the two men on both of his hands. "Today is my birthday and none of you even wished me a happy birthday and now you blindfolded me, hmppphhh"

"Ya! What if he couldn’t breathe?" the one on his left yelled. That person should've been worrying about Minho's hearing first than Minho's breathing because Kibum just yelled almost right to the birthday boy's ear. Minho rolled his eyes behind the thick eye patched. Typical Kibum

The other one, the ever so charismatic leader of his band (which later Minho realized wasn’t that charismatic at all) groaned in frustration, "We didn’t cover his nose!! He can breathe just fine!"

Minho sighed, surrender, standing still as his way of saying 'you know what? Proceed your plan, I'm all yours.' Oh wait, he was all Taemin's.

Both of the men then guided the birthday boy to the he assumed as car, Kibum's car to be precise.

("what about mine?" "leave it there! No one wanted to steal your ugly thing" "she has a name, excuse you and she's not ugly" "you named your vehicle? Pathetic")

 

The ride to who-knows-where wasn't so pleasant with the 2 other men (boys, men don’t fight like 5 year olds over the last piece of cake) quarreling over things like a married couple. Minho slumped deeper into the backseat, he was thankful because he had taken a shower before and dressed in a decent clothes like he had been waiting for this.

Of course he didn’t, he only waited for his boyfriend to come to his house, bringing him cake and other birthday presents like he usually did for his famous cousin. Minho absent-mindedly played with the bracelet wrapping his right wrist. Not the one his mom had given him as a good luck charm when he injured himself playing soccer, it was the other one Taemin had given him as a birthday present last year. Even with the blindfold on his eyes, he could tell which one was the certain bracelet.

"Please tell me you passed your driving test" Jonghyun half yelled when Kibum abruptly stepped on the brake, making Minho flinched on his seat. Jonghyun was right though, Kibum barely passed his driving test. Minho wanted to tell Jonghyun that their driver was inexperience driver but with his mouth being covered, it was impossible.

"I passed my driving test just fine" Lie "right, Minho?" Minho could feel Kibum winked at him. He sighed (for the hundredth time since they got into the car)

He wanted to talk, but with a tape that hastily been stuck to his mouth and not to mention his hands were tied, didn’t allow him to. So, he let his mind wandered to the happy place, to the thought of probably Taemin would be there when they arrived so he could ask his boyfriend to punishing both of his kidnapper real good. Then, Minho realized something….he never introduced the others to each other before so how they ended up at this? Kibum went to Minho's band's gig every once in a while but Minho was sure he never introduced them officially, neither had Kibum asked him about the leader's name.

"By the way, what is your name?" Kibum asked. Oh so they didn’t know each other even after kidnapping the poor birthday boy? Minho thought.

"wha- what? You didn’t know my name?" Jonghyun's voice clearly shocked by the question. "You never brought him to our gig even once, Minho?" Minho shrugged. How was he going to answer that with his mouth being covered with a duck tape anyway?

"He did, actually. But I went to see him and not you, uhm.."

"Jonghyun! Kim Jonghyun" the oldest groaned.

"okay so Jonghyun, you are the uhm vocalist?" Kibum said, or more like making sure he wasn’t wrong. When Jonghyun nodded, Kibum continued "Ha! I knew I had heard your obnoxious voice somewhere before"

"obnoxiously awesome" Jonghyun added proudly. Kibum snorted.

"I'm Kibum by the way, Kim Kibum"

Even with the quarrel, Minho knew they'd be something more, later. Later when they finally realized how perfectly a match they were.

 

After another 30 minutes of ride with two obnoxious boys (not men), Kibum announced "we're here!". If anything, it only made Minho even nervous. What if they took him into a slaughter house, okay he was exaggerating.

But what if they really were?

"Minho," Jonghyun called Minho soothingly as he released the duck tape on Minho's mouth. Minho had resisted when the others pulled him to get away from the vehicle "I shouldn’t be spilling this but, everything is going to be okay. Right, Kibum? He can't see if you're nodding though"

"ugh yes yes, Minho just- get off okay. I promise you everything will be okay, in fact, imagine beautiful things and multiple it by 10" Kibum assured. Even there was a mistake with it, Minho couldn’t find something prettier than Taemin.

Noticing the grin on the youngest face, Jonghyun rolled his eyes "stop undressing Taemin you freak"

"you’re jealous because you have no one who undressed you" Minho mocked, feeling satisfied with the feedback he had given toward his leader. Kibum helped the younger to alight from his car. "or you could undress Kibum if you want. He doesn’t have anyone he could undress. Right Ki- aaahhh" Kibum stepped right on his left foot, and it was so freaking hurt.

"Minho, have you ever seen his face though? Like really look at it? He is practically a dino! I don’t dig zoo resident, Minho"

"heeyy I'm hurt okay" Jonghyun protested, "and you look like a cat. HA!"

Minho lost count on how many times he had rolled his eyes that day. He could feel the headache coming, caused by the two obnoxious high pitched voices from his friends that day.

"just let me know the wedding date okay, Taemin and I will be there." Minho said playfully. Not that he really mean what he just said earlier. Well, he probably was.

It followed by a silence between them just like what Minho wished earlier. probably the world wasn’t really against him. After all it was his birthday.

"we're here" Jonghyun announced. breeze from the air conditioner hit his face softly once they stepped into the room.

the knot on both of his hand was loosened, Minho tried to hold the urge to strangled his friends. "take a deep breath Minho!" Kibum whispered to him, and so he did.

There was a million things that coming to his head when Kibum told him to breath. First, they might drown him into a pool as a surprise birthday party (Kibum said he had one surprise didn’t he?). Second, Taemin might be there half na-

"Minho you're grinning again. It's creepy"

Or, they were having a surprise party for him. Taemin should be skipping school as well and he would be there, holding the cake for him. Then he would blow his boy- his candles and make a wish.

"one, two,three" Kibum whispered to Minho as he detaching the blindfold from the birthday boy's eyes.

"SURPRISEEEE" Minho heard people shouted, so loud he had to cover both of his ears. ("poor ears have to experience all the horrible things on my birthday" Minho thought). Blinking, as he adjusted to the light.

When he finally gotten adjusted to the light, he looked around and noticed his friends (most of them still in their uniforms) his homeroom teacher, his parents, his hyung, even Taemin's hyung were there.  

"wh-what is this? Where are we?" he looked at Kibum, the others chuckled by his question.

"pshh look" Kibum whispered in response, and pointed at the wall. There was a big "The Choi Minho Exhibition" written on the wall. The birthday boy then realized they were in an art exhibition hall where Taemin once took him for his school project. The place wasn’t that big, probably thrice as larger as his bedroom. And the lighting was soft but not dimmed as well. It was elegant really, more elegant than the first time he visited the place. There were pictures of him scattered on the wall, he hadn't see it closely yet but he could feel the shyness crept on his face. To sum it all, Minho wasn’t expecting for this, at all.

Minho's eyes skimmed around the room, trying to find someone in particular. Someone who hadn't wished him a happy birthday; or that was he thought so. Taemin was nowhere to be seen, even after the people crowding him as they wished them a happy birthday and went to look around the place. Some of his friends went right straight to the buffet without even looking at his pictures, Minho didn’t know whether he liked it or not. Like because he knew how his friends could be entirely jerk by mocking him on his pictures and without them looking at his picture, meant less reason to be embarrassed by them. Or, he should be hating it because his friends had no respect of how hard the person who made this exhibition happen worked.

People kept on coming to him, wishing him a happy birthday so he still couldn’t able to look around the place. The presents that given to him were taken care by Kibum. He was glad he didn’t have to stand alone in the middle of the room, with his mind wondering to somewhere; or someone to be exact.

So maybe it was true, Taemin was still in school, he thought to himself.

Needless to say, Minho was slightly disappointed. All he wanted was spending his birthday with the younger boy. Probably taking him to dinner, or Taemin could baked him a birthday cake.  Then they could take a stroll on the park near Taemin's home. He had planned it once, honestly but right then, he didn’t think they would able to make it.

Someone tapped him on his shoulder, snapping him back to the reality. When he turned around, he almost cried in relief because Taemin was there! Minho lifted the younger from the ground and spun him around.

"Hyung stop!!!" Taemin squealed on Minho's arms.

They were out of breath once Minho put his feet back on the ground. They looked on each others' eyes, minho's were so close to tears. Taemin looked at Minho with so much love which was overwhelmed him with feelings to the boy in front of him. Taemin came to the rescue, knowing how much his boyfriend hated to cried in front of him, Taemin kissed him. In the middle of the hall, they couldn’t care less on people's eyes on them. It was their world, and their world only.

"Happy birthday again, hyung" Taemin whispered once their lips apart.

Minho titled his head, confused "again?"

"yes! I wished you a happy birthday last night. Right before I went home" Taemin clarified, "you don’t remember? Of course you don’t." Taemin feigned angry, stomping his feet in a childish manner. Minho shyly scratched the back of his head.

"Sorry babe" Minho wrapped his arms around Taemin's waist, "so anything you want to explain?"

"explain about?"

"All of this." Minho's hands moved around, gesturing the whole room.

"well, I made them for you. I took the pictures and placed everything in their places. Onew hyung helped me with the hall. You know as much as I saved for this, I wouldn’t be able to afford renting it so I told Onew hyung and he was gladly to help me renting it." Taemin informed.

"how about Kibum and Jonghyun hyung?"

"what about them?"

"why did they show up in my front door today?"

"because I told them to?"

"no no" Minho shook his head, Taemin frowned unable to catch what Minho wanted to say "I mean, why them? Why not Jinki hyung or your hyung, he's gentle unlike those two. And Taemin they didn’t even know each other before!"

"Hyung, are you sure?" Taemin furrowed his brow in a comical way, Minho couldn’t held the urge and pinched the younger's cheeks. "Jonghyun hyung wanted to meet Kibum hyung. Remember that one time the 2 of us went to your gig, well Jonghyun hyung saw him from the stage. He said Kibum hyung was glowing and stuffs and he wanted to meet him. So, I set them up."

"Taemin," he pinched the younger's cheeks again "you're so cute" he decided  not to tell Taemin about the quarrel and he being stuffed to the car like he was abducted by the two.

 "let me show you the whole place." Taemin told him.

Their first stop was on the right wing of the hall. Pictures of him on the frog prince play; the one which Taemin directed, were hanging on the wall. The pictures arranged in such manners that Minho wouldn’t understand beside it was perfectly arranged. One of them was his pictures on the first day of their practice, he was sitting on the edge of the stage while reading the script. Minho decided it was his favorite picture there, not that the others were bad, but really this one was showing the serious side of him. Also there was writing below the pictures,

There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing, throbbing moment.

It hit him, after second time reading the phrase. The frog prince was their first meeting. The first time they fell in love without really thought about it before.

"the first time I fall for you," Taemin told him. "I was so young, okay I still am young, but I didn’t even think about finding you. And when I found you, I just knew it. You're the one" Minho kissed the younger's cheek in response. Really, he had no words to describe his feelings right then.

Taemin showed him another side of the hall. Almost in instant, Minho covered his eyes. There were pictures of him with weird faces and all the clumsy things he had done. To sum it all, those were Minho's embarrassing pictures. One of the pictures was him covered in mud, Minho remembered it loud and clear. It was taken from the previous summer, some kind of race which involved getting into a mass of mud to get the prize. He knew it was worth it though, seeing how Taemin shouted in joy when Minho won the prize. And once again, there was a writing below them;

 

No matter what has happened. No matter what you’ve done. No matter what you will do. I will always love you. I swear it..

 

"It is so embarrassing" Minho hid his small face on his bigger hands, "why would you put them? Now everyone would see how-"

"great you are. You are amazing; and beyond it, hyung" Taemin cut him, "and I love you"

 

Taemin walked him through part and part of the exhibition. Even almost half an hour of looking through the hall, Minho still found it weird to see his face everywhere in the room. He rarely took pictures of himself so with his pictures being displayed for people to see; to admire Taemin had corrected him, he just felt strange. But along the way, Taemin had told him that he was amazing. The exhibition was just another way of Taemin showing his boyfriend how much Minho meant to him.

Some of the pictures were taken secretly by Taemin. The other, was not so secret as Taemin would said he was going to test the camera, see how it worked with a certain lighting or angle or whatever it was Minho just didn’t understand. Minho thought it was just Taemin practicing his already master skills of taking Onew's pictures.

So when the younger had told him, "I have more pictures of you than Onew hyung's", it was just a cue of Minho's tears rolling. He shouldn’t be crying, not on his birthday. Not when half of his class were looking at him.

"hyung are you crying?" Taemin asked him, the younger had brought him further into the exhibition hall where they could be alone.

Minho didn’t answer him, he just wrapped his arms around the younger's waist, burrowing his face to his boyfriend's next despite the height difference (as years being together, they had managed everything). Taemin could feel his shirt damp but he couldn’t care less. His hands made their way to patted Minho's back, in the most comforting way.

"You know hyung, you know why I choose you?"

"because Onew hyung had no idea who were you first?" Minho mumbled, still not letting Taemin go. Taemin pinched the other's waist playfully. Minho winched slightly.

"Just so you know, he knew me. Even before we met." Usually, Minho would rolled his eyes as response whenever the younger bragged how close he was to his cousin, but right then he didn’t. "I chose you because, you saw me. Even when the world didn’t even spare a glance toward me"

And with that, Minho pulled away. Arms still wrapped around the younger's body, their eyes met. Taemin's eyes were haze and they were the most beautiful eyes Minho had ever seen. "I love you, I've said it for million times already and I will say it again. Even when you get bored by it. Lee Taemin, I love you"

Taemin's eyes were looking at Minho's. Minho's eyes were dark brown, Taemin had noticed it from the first time he set his eyes into the other's orbs. And those eyes were the most beautiful eyes he had ever seen. And he had sworn, he could live in those beautiful eyes. "I love you too, Choi Minho." He declared "and don't you dare to stop reminding me that"

They were in the room filled with their pictures together, on their vacations, on Minho's room, on Taemin's room, that one on the Onew's concert where Minho held Taemin's by his shoulder. It was a room filled with their memories, and there was writing below it;

 

Sometimes I can’t see myself when I’m with you. I can only just see you.

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQmXMw-nIA9KOs8-eh12cK

Years gone by and so is their relationship only grows and grows. They are the happiest as they can be. None of them are intended to rush things between them. They are young and they have time on their hands. Future is something they don’t afraid of, even though they don’t have any plan for it either. They just let things flow, enjoying every single moment with each other. Soon, Minho will graduate high school and go to college. Taemin would be in his senior year, and both know how hectic everything would be.

So maybe Minho would be leaving the town (or even country if he got his scholarship), and Taemin would be focusing on his study even more. But one thing for sure, they are not afraid of what future holds for them. Because they love each other. They trust each other. That is the most important part of their relationship.

As for Taemin, he knows how lucky he is. Minho is the best thing ever happened in his life. Even though Minho never told him that he is jealous of Onew, or he is irritated by what Taemin had done but Taemin knows and he is willing to fix it in every way. Taemin wants to show Minho how good of a boyfriend he is, that he shouldn’t be jealous of Onew. Taemin loves him the most, and he is going to show him that. For the rest of his life. Maybe beyond that.

Unlike Minho, people had been asking Taemin ; what is it about Minho he loves so much enough to give up his own fansite?. And up to this day, nobody got the straight answer. But if he is going to answer, this probably would be his answer "Minho hyung is Minho hyung. He is mine and I am his." Because Taemin isn't good at words. But he is good; great Minho had corrected, at loving Minho.

 

 

 


6302 words!!!! woah the longest I ever written for a chapter T.T

I CANT BELIEVE I MANAGED TO GET THIS FINISHED T.T 

I just- I can't believe I actually get this thing finished T.T T.T 

Thank you for reading and sending your feedback throughout the entire story. It means a lot to me (I screencaped some of your comments and showed it to my friends and they were jealous) so thank you for that :) and thank you for bearing with the grammar errors and typos and just nonsense that I wrote up until now. 

Hmm what else? oh here's something I should explain to you.

I never intended to make Minho the miserable one here, in fact I want to show how great of a boyfriend Minho is by sticking up through Taemin's teenage angst (as in fanboying). And as you just read, yes Taemin is closing his fansite. Oh one more, I know I promised you once I was going to finished the story even before I attended SWC (which was 6 months ago (that longggg??)) and then I came with the idea for this chapter and it had to be postponed until now heheheh

 

Aaaannndddd, Happy birthday Frog Prince!!!! My prince(ss) charming, with eyes so big, smile so bright, face so small. My choi tenderheart. awwww happy birthday baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love you so so sos ososososoos much!

 

once again, thank you!!!!

xoxo

 

words count : 23.207 words

 

ask.fm