Guide #7 (part 1)

Guides to Date a Fanboy

Being in a relationship isn’t always rainbows and unicorns.

 

 

 

Being in a relationship, according to Minho, is not for people who would take it half-heartedly. You have to be strong enough for all the consequences, for the ups and even downs. For better for worse. Love is not a child’s play. It’s more than just being there when they need you, nor always provide everything they need. Minho thinks, love is when you always there, whether they need you or not. And that’s what Minho does when he realize a certain cute junior on his high school is taking over his heart. He makes sure he’s always there for Taemin, to make him feel safe and feel loved. He loves Taemin so much that he sometimes forget how to breath whenever Taemin around.

 

 

But just like another relationship in the world, there are times when Minho couldn’t stand Taemin’s greediness and his obstinate, also when Taemin being extremely dedicated to Onew that he kind of forget about his boyfriend. There are times when they found themselves screaming at each other, even throwing things at each other on some occasions. Minho would let out everything in his mind about Taemin wasn’t there for him, but he always manages to let the whole fanboy topic out of the talk. And Taemin would keep going on and on about Minho should’ve being a supportive boyfriend and let him do things that he want to do.

 

 

Even so, never once they wanted to be parted from each other.

 

 

And when one of those days when Minho just couldn’t stand Taemin’s behavior, he knows what he has to do to save their relationship. Or at least, to save him from letting out the anger inside him.

 

 

Guide number 7th of dating a fanboy, Always remember the main reason why you date them in the first place.

 

 

 

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQmXMw-nIA9KOs8-eh12cK

 

Minho was on his last year in the middle school when he met the certain sophomore who turned his stomach into a butterfly garden.

 

 

School play was a school tradition for the seniors to present their last goodbye for their school. For most people Minho knew, it also meant the last spotlight they would ever be receive on their beloved school that they couldn’t wait to leave behind. Minho was rather special from the rest, he hated the spotlight. Being the center of attention wasn’t his favorite thing to do, even though all the disciples and the teacher knew who Minho was. He was a soccer captain in his school who also a math champion, but still he hated the whole attention and the eyes-starring he received whatsoever.

 

 

And so when his teacher announced they wouldn’t hold any casting yet some “talent-seeker” was going to picked them randomly, he hid in the school’s gymnasium all day.

 

 

The next day, there was a crowd surrounding the announcement board. Killed by his curiosity, he went to checked it by himself.

 

 

“A what? The tale of frog prince?” a girl he knew from his class squealed. “what are we? Kindergartens?”

 

 

“dude, this one is for you. You’re the perfect frog prince” one of the guy from his soccer team nudged his elbow. Minho looked at him and told him to get lost.

 

 

Days passed by as the list of the acts for the play keep increasing. They found the princess, Minho’s best friend Soojung, yet the prince was still missing. Minho himself, still kept himself under the “talent-seeker”s radar. He kept minimizing the amount of him to actually walking on the school hall, hiding himself on the school gymnasium. He was pretty sure at by the end of the week, he would lose some weight by playing basketball or anything else all by himself.

 

 

The teachers never told them about the people behind the “talent-seeker” community whatsoever, because apparently they were like Minho. they keep themselves under the radar but didn’t have to hide from some people who would casted them to some school play. When the teachers told them the kissing scene was allowed, all the boys on his school scream overjoyed. Poor Soojung, Minho thought.

 

 

When the bell rang, Minho rushed towards the school gate, still avoiding the “talent-seeker” as they keep their searched on the certain guy who could play as the frog prince. Minho took a mental note to wear a mask the next day. And he did though it was the source of the disaster. Nope, the beautiful disaster.

 

 

Long story short, his best friend (more like a self-proclaimed one) named Kim Kibum came to him. The feline boy said “Minho, I’ve been looking for you everywhere!” and Minho knew from that moment, he was doomed. Because the next day, the frog prince spot had been filled with : Choi Minho.

 

 

Apparently, Minho wearing a mask only made his eyes even more like a frog, and yes the Kim Kibum was one of the “talent-seeker” on disgust. Minho swore he would never lend his books to Kibum ever again.

 

 

He tried to complained to teacher though, he even asked his friend to fill in for him, but “the decision is final, Minho. it’s either you or the school play production will be canceled” . Minho sighed and walked back to his classroom, like it or not he was their frog prince.

 

 

“Thank you for coming today..” Kibum said rather enthusiastically “today is the first day of our school play. Our last chance to be in spotlight. Our last chance to be remembered!” the crowd cheered, except for Minho.

 

 

“without further ado, I present you, the producer of this school play…Lee Taemin!” Kibum announced and all the eyes were shifted to the direction where Kibum pointed. Once again the crowd cheered.

 

 

Minho could hear the girls giggled behind him when the said boy walked, uhm not, he strode to the center stage where Kibum stood. Minho watched the boy bowed and smile before introducing himself “I’m Lee Taemin, and I’m the producer of this school play. The teachers wanted a sophomore to producing this school play and so they asked me. I’m really looking forward to work with you, sunbaes” once again the crowd (more like the girls) cheered.

 

 

Minho had been practicing for the school play for 2 weeks and he noticed something about Taemin. Taemin wasn’t normal, according to Minho. His face looked younger than the boys on his age yet he was taller than the rest, well Minho was taller but again Minho wasn’t that normal either. Taemin didn’t walk, he stride. Taemin’s cheekbones were too plump that whenever he smiled it would cover his eyes. Kibum told Minho, Taemin was 2 years younger than them but since he took an acceleration class, he was a year below them “you should be careful Minho, he might take your spot”. Minho told Kibum to stop messing with everyone’s business.

 

 

Oh! And Minho thought, Taemin was too pretty for a boy.

 

 

“Minho hyung and Soojung noona, we’re going to practice the kissing scene” Taemin announced.

 

 

“Now?” Soojung asked rather unsurely. Soojung was a pretty girl and it would be still an understatement. She was a goddess, every guy wanted to be with her. Even more to be her kissing partner. Minho was too lucky to be true, his friends accused him.

 

 

Taemin looked up from the script on his hand “Yes!” he retorted. “Minho hyung, you too”

 

 

“uh-huh okay” minho answered and walk to the stage with script on his hand.

 

 

Minho wasn’t nervous, to be honest. He knew Soojung since elementary school and they were pretty close, but it wasn’t love that happened between them, it was friendship. Minho wasn’t nervous of kissing Soojung, he thought it was weird to kiss your friend.

 

 

“You know what you have to do, right?” Soojung asked Minho once they were on the center stage. Minho nodded. Of course he knew, he read the particular scene over and over again.

 

 

So, Minho did what was written on the script. He put his hand on Soojung’s amazingly slim waist and tilted her chin with the other hand. Then, they had to stare at each other’s eyes, act like they were in love (not just in love, they had to be madly in love as Kibum liked to emphasized it). Soojung tried her best, really, if it’s not his bestfriend in front of him, Minho would totally fall for her.

 

 

Taemin was watching intensely in front of them as their lips became closer and closer “Stop!!!!” Taemin yelled as he ran towards the stage where Minho and Soojung stood. They hurriedly separate and it was awkward.

 

 

“why? We did exactly what the script said!” Soojung said, she sounds really irritated by the sudden action from Taemin.

 

 

“I’m sorry noona but you did it wrong, Here let me show you how it’s done” Taemin announces. “It’s okay if I do this with you, right hyung?” he asked Minho. Minho just nodded nonchalantly because what was possibly gone wrong?

 

 

Taemin then stood in front of Minho, as in right in front of his face. “Minho hyung has to put his hand on your waist, like this. Minho hyung, stand straight please. And then Soojung noona has to tiptoed, because it would make it even more romantic. And Minho hyung tilted my chin please…” Taemin explained and Minho comply everything the younger said.

 

 

Then Minho’s heart start beating rapidly, as their lips got closer and closer “Hyung you have to close your eyes..” Taemin ordered and Minho immediately complied. Minho could feel Taemin’s breath against his lips and he smell really good. Like a chocolate milkshakes, oh yeah Taemin just had that one.

 

 

“And that is how you have to do it, Noona” Taemin suddenly said and get away from Minho’s grip.

 

 

Minho was too in dazed to notice the pissed look on Soojung’s face “I did exactly what you did, Taemin” Soojung said, holding her anger inside her.

 

 

“No you’re not, Noona” Taemin smiled slyly and shook his head “From the top!” he yelled as he strode down from the stage.