Guide #6

Guides to Date a Fanboy

Minho knows. From the very first time Taemin admit that he was a fan of Onew, he knew that a certain moment would occur eventually. It’s totally inevitable anyway. Being so selfish he is, he keeps avoiding of telling Taemin the truth even though their relationship based on honesty. In Minho’s defense a little white lie to save your relationship is legal, right?

 

The original plan was, if someday Taemin wanted to break up with him, in that exact moment he would tell the truth (who knows Taemin would crawl back to him so he could get close with his idol) but since he doesn’t have any plan for breaking up with the younger boy, he never really tell him about Onew a.k.a his Jinki hyung.

 

Jinki knows. From the very first time he walks to his cousin lays on his bed staring to the ceiling and ask him how are you? But instead Minho retorted him with those tantrum of Why would you have to be Onew? You’re Jinki for God sake, Jinki knew he was in somewhat a love triangle….or not exactly.

 

He promised Minho to text him every single time he wanted to stop by his home, in case a certain fanboy is also at the home for their daily date. Jinki knows Taemin because Minho can’t stop talking about his boyfriend, in fact, Minho can’t stop talking about Taemin ever since he met Taemin. Jinki remembers how his cousin called him in the middle of the night, telling him to stop by after his schedule basically because Minho needed someone to talk about his heart that wouldn’t stop going padum padum every single time Taemin crossed his mind. Jinki only sighed that time but listened anyway.

 

Taemin should’ve known. From the very first time his mom told Minho’s mom about him being Onew’s hardcore fan, the way Minho’s mom’s eyes widened and how Minho giving her some kind of weird blinks and nudged her elbow, he should’ve known. And being too oblivious he was, he never really paid attention to the Minho’s childhood pictures where Onew are in the most of it.

 

So, once he found out about Onew is Minho’s cousin, he could only froze like a statue. His head was processing all too much information all at once. It was awkward for Taemin to be honest, his one true lo- wait one true idol was standing before him with his infamous eyesmile and made the fanboy forget how to inhales and exhales.

 

But Taemin got used to it quickly. Much too quickly to Minho’s liking.

 

And that comes to 6th rule, never ever ever tell them about your famous cousin (even more it’s his idol)

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQmXMw-nIA9KOs8-eh12cK

 

 

Ever since Taemin acknowledges Jinki as his “soon to be cousin in law” he never leaves his side. In every occasion, Taemin would follow Jinki everywhere like a lost puppy and it’s new found doggie gang (yes according to Minho it is exist) and it irritates Minho.

 

At first Minho let Taemin having the time of his fanboy life, running around music show’s backstage. Meet tons of his favorite singers, and most of all spending time with his one true idol, Onew hyung. While he had to patiently sit in Onew’s waiting room while waiting for his boyfriend and his cousin to finish everything that they should be finished.

 

The first time Minho took everything lightly. It’s okay, he just having his fanboy moment. He kept saying that to himself, slightly solacing himself. All he could do was watching his boyfriend being all flirtatious towards Onew. Again, he would keep assuring himself that Taemin just being a fanboy and that’s all. Beside, his cousin would never betray him and date Taemin, wouldn’t him?

 

It was one of those days when Onew invited Taemin (which the courtesy of Taemin kept wailing crying and asking Minho to asked Jinki to invite them) and Minho to one of the music shows on the weekend. Onew had made Taemin promised not to take any pictures or doing what-so-called fanacc. Taemin gladly agreed, even made a gesture of crossing his heart which Minho found really adorable. But as usual, Minho had to stay in the waiting room while Onew took his dedicated fanboy personally touring around the backstage.

 

 

 

“Hyung!!!!” the black haired boy called excitedly. It was almost half an hour after they left him alone in a room full of Onew’s staffs.

 

 

Minho turned around and met the grinning boy. Even after all those times he spent with Taemin, the wide grin on the latter’s face never fail at making him blushed.

 

 

“Hi there! what’s with the bubbly mood?” Minho wrapped his arms around Taemin’s making the younger’s cheek flush red “which hyung gave you their sign?”

 

 

“I got one from Yunho hyung, nothing biggie”

 

 

Minho eyed him suspiciously “it is obviously biggie since you can’t stop smiling like that, Taeminnie”

 

 

“it wasn’t that biggie though. I mean, yes, he’s amazing. But…” his voice wandered which made Minho even leerier “okay fine, Onew hyung might just….tell me that I am cute” Taemin said, the wide grin still lingered on his face.

 

 

That’s it!

 

 

“Hyung!! Minho hyung!!!”

 

 

Minho stormed off from Onew’s artist waiting room ignoring his boyfriend’s scream to get him back to the room. He was determined to find the certain man who called his boyfriend cute. Hell yeah his boyfriend is the cutest thing in the whole wide universe but no one allowed to call his lovely boyfriend that way in public except he himself.

 

Onew was talking to the guy who gave his sign to Taemin earlier. Minho was too furious to even remember the name of that one-of-the-biggest-groups-in-Korea’s leader that time.

 

 

“You!” Minho snarled at the older boy “We need to talk” he said while dragging the singer, not giving a single look to the confuse guy who was talking to his cousin before.

 

 

Minho dragged him to the most secluded area of the backstage where he knew no one would bother to come in (Yes Minho knew, of course it wasn’t because he ever walked around the backstage to see his favorite singer and found that room to hid because he was too embarrass to even asked for her sign. Of course not)  

 

 

“Ya! What do you think you’re doing right now?” Onew jolted his wrist away from the taller boy’s grip, anyone could notice the irritated sound on his words. But again, Minho was too blinded by his jealousy to even notice it.

 

 

“Hyung…” he said, sounds more like a plea of desperation. In Minho’s defense, he never knew how to pick up a fight with his cousin. No matter how mad he is.

 

 

“Minho, are you kidding me? you just snatched me away from Yunho hyung and…. Oh God, are you crying?” without any cue, he pulled his cousin to his embrace, comforting him with his shooting voice.

 

 

Minho rarely let his guards down. He was always that tough guy in school whom everyone respect and looked up to. never once he let someone saw him crying, except his mom and of course, Jinki (Onew is that annoying singer who steal his boyfriend so no he never ever ever want to cry in front of Onew)

 

 

“so tell me, what happened?” Onew asked. Minho held the urge to roll his eyes because obviously, Onew was being so oblivious.

 

 

“You said Taemin is cute” Minho said between sniffle

 

 

“And?”

 

 

“And you said he’s cute!”

 

 

“okay seriously Minho, of course he is cute. Why would you…. Oh” Onew’s lips formed into a perfectly ‘o’ shape before laugh at the top of his lung. For once, Minho wished the singer would choke between his laugh or even lose his voice because of the laugh, but fortunately he didn’t. “Are you being serious right now Minho? you are jealous because I told him he is cute?”

 

 

Minho nodded

 

 

“Only I allowed to calls him cute” Minho emphasized at the word I making sure Onew would hear it loud and clear.

 

 

“but he is cute. Wait, I get it. Gosh, Choi Minho are you dense or something?” Onew threw his hand in air dramatically

 

 

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

 

 

“You hear me, Minho”

 

 

“I am the top of my class and—“

 

 

“I know I know, your mom brags you just fine I don’t need to hear you bragging about yourself” Onew conveyed, putting his hands on Minho’s shoulder made the younger startled. “What I’m saying is that, you’re stupid to think Taemin would ditch you for me” At this time, it was Jinki who talking not that annoying singer who stole his boyfriend, Minho thought “He loves you, Minho. and from what I see, he loves you so much. Honestly, at first I thought what you guys have is the real definition of what people say puppy love is but seeing how strong you guys grow each and every day, I must say I kind of jealous. What you guys have is real, and despite of everything going on between you two, no one is willing to say goodbye. Right?”

 

 

Minho nodded. His cousin was right, he was being so ignorant to think his favorite cousin would take his boyfriend away.  Minho then went to hug the singer. “thanks hyung!”

 

 

Onew slung one arm to Minho’s shoulder and make their way to his waiting room, “beside, I dig girls, you know” Onew made it just on time before Minho even had a chance to punch him in his stomach.

 

 

Taemin who was sitting on the couch, looked up curiously to the two boys he loved the most. One of them looked like an angel and the other one looked like a frog, a frog prince. But if you asked Taemin, he would choose his frog prince any day.

 

Onew sent a wink to Taemin as he walked to the coordi who waited for him with the makeup. Taemin couldn’t help but blushed again. Upon on seeing this, Minho could only scowls as he took a sit beside his still-blushing boyfriend.

 

 

“You like it that much huh?”

 

 

“What?” Taemin pretended being oblivious and stared back to the phone in his hand

 

 

Minho sighed “never mind. go home with me?”

 

 

“would love to. It’s getting pretty boring here anyway” Taemin shrugged. The fanboy turned to Onew who was too busy practicing while being touch up by the coordi. “Bye onew hyung! Do well today!” he put his fist on the air "onew hyung fighting!"

 

 

Taemin happily laced his fingers to Minho’s and hummed a happy song once all the way to the parking lot. Minho would hum along with his deep voice but Taemin could care less. Their voice would still match anyway.

 

 

Oh wait! As Minho think about it again….maybe you can just tell them about your famous cousin.