Guide #4

Guides to Date a Fanboy

Taemin is one of not so many Onew’s hardcore fanboy. He comes to every single Onew’s comeback stage in every music show in every station. Lining up from the dawn, to be one of Onew’s fans that get pick to enter the building to watch Onew’s live performance. Buys way too many Onew’s CDs just to get picked for the fansigning. He even runs a fansite and get involved in those events that the fansites usually do. He is just dedicated like that.

 

Besides, he has the supporting boyfriend by his side, right?

 

 Not really. Minho is always been self-conscious about himself ever since he found that the only boy that makes his heart flutters is in love with someone else. Not to mention that someone else is Onew, which happen to be his cousin. How can even he compete against Onew, no against his Jinki hyung.

 

Onew hyung is Taemin’s idol. His cousin is Jinki hyung.

 

Minho loves Taemin more that people could ever imagine, he will never give up of his love. Never. Taemin feels the same way too, Minho knows it. But there’s always something that comes between them.

 

Something, no, someone. A certain someone named Onew.

 

Way before he dates Taemin, people around him keep telling him that dating a fanboy will be a pain in the . They tell him that a fanboy will always compare you to his idol, of how badly they want you to be the exact same human being as their idol. Minho, he just shakes them off because no one could ever stop him from falling more in love with Taemin.

 

Still, Minho is a normal human being. Being the only one who Taemin take care of is one of his desires. It is tiring, how Minho has to just sit there and listen to Taemin keep going on and on about how amazing Onew is. Why can’t Taemin talk about how proud he is being Minho’s boyfriend? Or why can’t Taemin just pour all of his heart and mind and soul to him and him only? And one of those days when Minho couldn’t hold his grudge anymore are the days when Minho realized,

 

he would do everything to make Taemin stay by his side.

 

 

 

 

 

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQmXMw-nIA9KOs8-eh12cK

 

 

 

 

“You are not being serious right now, are you?” Taemin asked a question that sound more like a request. Every seeing person could notice the younger boy is in verge of tears.

 

 

“Unfortunately I am, Taemin” Minho said trying to control himself from hugging the boy in front of him. he had to be strong.

 

 

Taemin wiped the beaded tears on his cheeks. “I thought we are done with this whole thing? you said you would be more supportive about everything I do” 

 

Taemin snapped, he couldn’t even stop his tears from falling “Oh how silly I am. The Choi Minho shall always get what he wants. Right?”

 

“Taemin… I-“

 

 

“You know what, Minho? I am done. I’m not going to withstand with your drama” Taemin grabbed his laptop and stormed out Minho’s room.The door closed with a loud bang. Minho’s heart wrenched. He knew he should be run after him, but his feet suddenly numb. His whole body felt numb.

 

 

 

Just like the other couple, they fought. A lot. But there was always a way to get back together. It was either Minho apologized or Taemin let his ego crumbling down. Never once they said the word “done” or “break up” because they both couldn’t stand being far from each other for a long time. This fights, was definitely the biggest they ever had.

 

 

To sum it all, Taemin was telling Minho about his plan on attending one of Onew’s concerts overseas. He usually did that in the name of keeping his fansite running. Minho usually didn’t have a say on it, Taemin wouldn’t take a no for answer so there would be no use for Minho to even have a saying in that kind of thing. The difference was that Taemin’s flight was a day before Minho’s band gig which Taemin had sworn to attend. In addition “No matter what”.

 

Minho couldn’t stand anymore and he snapped at the younger boy. He said things about how Taemin should just focus more on his school and not his idol. Minho let out everything in his heart in that very moment without really gave a single look on Taemin’s sudden facial change from smiling to surprise to terrified and eventually tears accumulated on his eyes as he let out few drops. Minho didn’t notice it, and he knew he should.

 

If there was something that Taemin never experienced in his relationship with Minho, it was the terrified feeling. He always felt safe around Minho, even in the scariest place on the planet (which according to Taemin was the haunted place they once went together on amusement park). With Minho, everything so scary wasn’t that scary anymore. But that moment, Taemin scared. He never seen Minho so furious about something, he haven’t even seen Minho complained about something.

 

So, Taemin ran. That was the first and last thing in his mind. Minho’s anger and his pledged of never ever going to cry in front of his boyfriend were the one of the reasons. He did wish his boyfriend to just run after him, apologize to him or anything to just stop him from running even further. But Minho didn’t and Taemin disappointed.

 

Was it really over?

 

 

“Earth to Minho! earth to Minho!”

 

 

Minho’s eyes blinked few times as his mind made its way to his own body. “yeah hyung?”

 

 

“you’ve been zoned out lately. Love thing?”

 

 

Minho shrugged. He didn’t know how to answer those kinds of question. He did know once he said yes, Jonghyun would go on and on of trying to make him speak. And he, like or not would blurted out every single thing that bothering his mind lately which only resulted two things, the band was going to get involved in his thing with Taemin or he had to solve it by himself, real quick. He would choose the latter any day, but obviously not that day.

 

 

“Minho, our big gig is in few days. We have to put everything we got here. So it’s either you put your love life aside or you solve it right this minute” Jonghyun strictly stated. Sometimes the leader could be so strict to him despite the fact that Minho was taller than him.

 

 

So, Minho put that aside.

 

 

“Really? I don’t know what happened between them. Minho isn’t doing any better. He only got out from his room for school and his band practice” Minho overheard his mom talking on the phone.

 

 

As the curiousness took over him, he picked the phone on his room. wanting to listen the whole conversation between his mom and the person on the other line

 

 

Taemin’s mom!

 

 

“I tried everything to cheer him up, unnie. I even bought him the camera lenses he wants but nothing works. He doesn’t want to talk about it, I mean you know Taemin. he talks a lot, even more when it comes to Minho but he doesn’t want to talk about him when I brought the things up” Taemin’s mom said

 

 

“I haven’t really talked to Minho. I should try to talk him later”

 

 

“Yes, unnie. I gotta go, Taemin is home. Talk to you later”

 

 

“Yes, bye”

 

 

The line went off.

 

He let himself fell deeper into the soft matrass, letting out few depressed sighs and groans. Taemin I want you here. It’s not fun without you. Why do you love Onew so much more than you supposed to love me.

 

 

“Minho? Are you in there?” A voice called him from the other side of the door

 

 

He didn’t answer because he knew his mom would never need his permission to enter his room. And he was right, few seconds later his mom was already sitting on his bed. Just like a mama boy he was, he crawled to his mom’s lap as he let out the tears that he had been kept for 6 days, the amount of days that he haven’t talked to Taemin. Lovingly, she ruffled her son’s hair while listening to her boy’s sobs and sighs.

 

 

“Love is always like that Minho. No matter how much you try to be perfect for your loved ones, your flaws would somehow show”

 

 

“But I did my best. I always try to make him love me more than he loves Jinki hyung”

 

 

“I know baby, I know. But that’s the thing, you tried your hardest but it’s not what Taemin wanted you to do”

 

 

“And what did he want then?”

 

 

“He wanted you to say what is in your mind. You always keep it to yourself, all your worries. He wanted you to share some to him. he wanted to know if it is okay to, you know, obsessed to Jinki okay Onew. And you never really said anything about it did you?”

 

 

Minho nodded. Everytime Taemin would go on and on about Onew, he would always smile and listen to it. never once he said how badly he wanted Taemin to stop talking about Onew on their date and start talking about themselves, about how much they love each other and all the cheesy stuffs. Anything beside talking about Taemin’s idol.

 

 

“That is why he thought you’re okay with it. And now you finally said things about it, he was surprised. He might think you don’t love him anymore”

 

 

“But I do love him”

 

 

“I know. You know what to do Minho” She kissed his son’s temple and made her way out from Minho’s room.

 

 

Minho didn’t need the second thought. Quickly, he grabbed his car key and drive to a place he knew so well. After few traffic lights and turns, he parked his car in front of the 2 stories house. The scent of roses came to his nose as he passed by the garden. He was greeted by the housemaid who said Ah Minho ssi, I haven’t seen you for a long time. Funny thing was, the term of “a long time” apparently was a week. The last time he picked Taemin for school.

 

 

“Minho ya!” A female voice called his name as she hugged the boy

 

 

“Auntie! I miss you!”

 

 

“I miss you too, but there is someone who missed you even more”

 

 

“I miss him too” he retorted knowing which someone she was talking about “How is he?”

 

 

Then they talked, well mostly Taemin’s mom who talked. It was true that her youngest son of two been locking himself on the room. she talked about how worried she was even though she knew how Taemin love his life, but there was always a possibility for the worst case happened. Minho’s heart sank deeper as the thought making scenes on his mind.

 

And he ran, he didn’t need to listen to Taemin’s mom words about how she could hear his suppressed sob or the fact that Taemin sometimes skipped meals. He didn’t listen to them all, he knew where should he be running to. To the second story, second room on the left.

 

His hand was already on the handle but decided to let go and took a few steps backwards, starring at the wooden door his eyes burning hole through the door. Contemplated if he should just barge in or….

 

 

“Minho where are you going?” Taemin’s mom asked as Minho exited the front door

 

 

“I’ll make it more romantic, Auntie” he replied winking.

 

 

If anything good happened during the fight between them, it was the fact that Taemin would go straight to his desk to do his homework as soon as he returned home from school. All the times he spent playing video games or designing his website or editing Onew’s pictures for his fansite with his boyfriend were all changed by the sound of fingers tapping on the keyboard working on his journal or pencil scratches here and there. And even though he could go through the class after class without any failure, he hated it.

 

Because he missed the shouts and the Taemin, I love you so much! I want to hug you so tight and make you suffocated!. He missed Minho more than he should. Taemin missed the burdened feel on his cheeks whenever Minho kissed him and the time they spent together. Time seemed running slow to him, second felt like an hour and an hour felt like a day. The black haired boy kept waiting for his brown haired boyfriend, that he knew would come but he didn’t sure when. He didn’t want to lose his pride first to ask him, anyway.

 

Taemin just got out from the bathroom when a small rock hit his window. Throwing the towel on the bed, he walked slowly to his window when another rock hit his window again. Luckily the window wasn’t shattered, but Taemin heart was. Minho waved when he saw a figure he longing the most looking down on him.

 

Taemin cussed inside, he cussed himself not Minho Held your pride Lee Taemin, oh don’t smile you idiot held your pride. His stomach twirled, his fist clenched the battle was on. The battle between his pride and his heart, even though he already know which one was going to lose.

 

 

“Taemin ah…” Minho called.

 

 

Taemin didn’t answer.

 

 

“Taeminnie, I’m sorry. I-“

 

 

“Taeminnie, please. Or should I climbed?”

 

 

Yeah right like you even know how to- oh wait he really climb!  Taemin didn’t know whether he should be happy or he should be terrified. He missed Minho but Minho broke his heart.

 

Taemin took a few step backwards as Minho make his way to Taemin’s room. Sweat dripped from his temple as he placed entered the room by the window. By the time he met his boyfriend’s sad eyes, Minho could only muttered a “hi” Taemin froze at the words. Processing the sound of Minho’s sweet voice and Minho’s scent and the look on Minho’s face was too much for Taemin.

 

 

 

They stayed silent for what seems like years. It was Minho who broke the silent first “Taemin, I’m sorry. I should’ve- It’s my mistake I know. I-“

 

 

Minho’s words got cut off as a pair of tender lips made their way to his chapped lips, hell I should’ve put some chapsticks on. Taemin put his pride aside, who needed pride when you could have an amazing boyfriend who happened to be the best kisser in the world.

 

 

“Taemin I’m sorry, I-“

 

 

“Stop, don’t say anymore sorry. Should I just kiss you to shut you up”

 

 

“Yes please”

 

 

 

 

Rule number 4, never tell them to stop on loving his idol, or else you end up spend the entire 6 days kiss-less