Guide #7 (part 3)

Guides to Date a Fanboy

 

The next time they saw each other, it was awkward. Simply because none of them knew what should they say to each other. Taemin did think of one though like “hey hyung! Our kiss, it was awesome. You know what we should do? We should it sometimes” but he scratched that immediately because it was just plain stupid.

 

On the other hand, Minho was eager to break the awkwardness between them. He just couldn’t comprehend with anything that came out from Taemin’s mouth while he was still intoxicated by Taemin’s lips. Taemin’s lips were indeed his biggest distraction nowadays.

 

The school play was few days away and no one in the production had enough time to deal with their own life, let alone their love life. Especially when you were a producer and the lead actor.

 

For days, they had to pretend like they have nothing between them, only producer-actor and that is it. they’d stole glances sometimes though. Minho even took it to a step further when Taemin almost slipped and Minho caught him right on time. Taemin hurriedly stood up and said thanks while Minho left with scratching the back of his head that wasn’t even itchy. But that was it, nothing more.

 

It would be a lie to say they weren’t dying to talk like a normal people. It was just, it is hard to do it when people around you hope you would do everything professionally while your heart beat so fast when the one near you.

 

Minho should know, eventually someone would come to him and his wall would crumble down.

 

And that person was, again, Soojung.

 

“you kissed him don’t you?” she asked bluntly. Minho looked up at her from the book he was reading.

 

“what?”

 

“you kissed Lee Taemin,” Soojung repeated. Minho being dumbfounded all of a sudden was enough for her as an answer. “when? How? No I mean not the detail. But you know, how?”

 

“sit” minho told her and she immediately complied. He closed the book before him “it’s just sudden rush you know. the whole thing. my mom and his mom are friends and they invited us to a party on his house and he showed his room to me and the next thing I know, we kissed”

 

Soojung grinned wider than minho ever thought she could. “someone is in love” she sang cheekily

 

Minho shrugs “I guess, I am. Yeah, I am in love with him”

 

The play came sooner than both Minho and Taemin expected. Not that they complained though, really, all they ever wanted is wrapping the whole thing and back to their own life (and preparing for final exam, for Minho). they wanted nothing more than to escape from the awkward situation between them, even though they were dying to know what happened between them both.

 

Soojung could see the contemplation on Minho's eyes whenever they practiced for the kissing scene ever since he told her about him and Taemin. She could notice how Minho would steal glances at Taemin; like he was asking for some approval before turned back to her. Also how Taemin pretended to not giving any sign of interest whenever the kiss scene came. And Minho's smile wasn't that bright when he told her he was sorry. Soojung get it, she also thought it is awkward to kiss one of her bestfriend so she never pushed him.

 

and so, she came to Taemin to worked things out few minutes before the show started.

 

Taemin was peeking between the curtains to see how many people came to see the play when Soojung came tapping his shoulder and made Taemin almost stumbled backwards. "Oh gosh, may I help you noona?" Taemin asked, a little irritated by her action earlier.

 


"yes. I would like, uhm I demand you to change the script?" Soojung stated bravely.

 

Taemin raised a brow, "noona?"

 

"uhm Taemin uhm how do I say this?" the female lead bit her lips as she think "well, I can't kiss someone who has someone in his mind and the that someone happens to be someone who is in charge of everything because it would be super weird and super awkward. okay?"

 

Once again, the producer left bewildered "what?"

 

Sighing, Soojung pat the producer's shoulder lightly, "I know it's a lot to digest but just...oh crap gotta go!" Soojung rushed when she caught Minho in her sight.

 

Minho didn't saw Soojung rushing off but he saw Taemin. Then he smiled, sincerely, and Taemin also smiled at him and Minho thought that was the highlight of his day.

---

The stage director called all of the acts, including Minho and Soojung. to do last briefing before the play begins. they were standing in circle, hand in hand. Minho thought it is just dramatic and sappy but he realized he was on a play so he left it that way.

 

"First of all.." Taemin started when everyone was on their place "Thank you. Thank you for worked so hard for this play. I honestly wouldn’t change you guys for anyone else, you guys are the best! I would like to make this as touching as possible but it'd ruin your make ups and I don’t want to get scolded by those who in charge of making you pretty so I'll stop now" Taemin said earning laughter from everyone. "oh and break a leg guys!"

 

It was Minho who initiated the cheering first. so, they gathered closer, their hands were stacking their hands and cheered "fighting!"

 

Taemin took glance from Minho from the corner of his eyes when the stage director asking him something. he saw Minho in front of a mirror fixing his costume. his stupid green frog costume. it was a simple costume but Minho took it to the next level in some kind of way, Taemin noticed.

 

"I'll be back" Taemin said, ignoring the protest from the stage director calling his name. Taemin walked straight to Minho who was still struggling with his bowtie (why would a frog wear a bowtie anyway? Minho asked Kibum, the one suggested the idea. because it made you look even classier, and because I can do it. Kibum grinned and Minho knows he should gave up)

 

The producer shooed Minho's hands away from the bowtie and fix it himself. not saying any words, he twisted and turned and just make it tidy in 1 minute. minho wasn’t expecting it at all so he could only stand there and held his breath. Right after Taemin done finishing the bowtie, he walked away from Minho.

 

but again, Minho was faster as he grabbed the other's wrist. "Taemin, we can't go on like this"

 

Taemin looked at him with the look that made Minho's heart clench "I am sorry hyung. your turn is almost up, you should pr-"

 

"Taemin, please"

 

"Hyung, do you like me? like really like me?"

 

"That's…" Minho contemplated for a moment "Yes. Yes I like you so much" heck I might even fall in love with you was left unsaid.

 

"Okay"

 

"okay?"

 

"okay I like you too. I adore you, Minho hyung it's crazy I think I'm going to lose my mind and all and I just need to let it out.."

 

"Taemin, please stop or I could kiss you right now but it'd be weird and I'm going next and you know everything would be a mess" they both chuckled "and I won't kiss Soojung" Minho added.

 

"I know. I wish, maybe. Soojung noona told me earlier"

 

---

 

the play was a success. everything went perfectly and smoothly and just like everything they have been practicing. minho didn’t kiss soojung, they just hugged. bestfriend share hugs so they both think it is just okay. beside, Minho still hadn't prepared for some sort of rage from the other boys who would kill each other to kiss Soojung.  

 

The first thing Minho does right after the curtain call was finding Taemin on an empty hallway and hug him so tight. The taller boy spun him for two times in the air, and laughing breathlessly after that.

 

And then they kissed, once again. Slow, really slow. No one in rush, after all. It was chaste, and maybe if it has taste, that would be the taste of love. Sweet and full of longing.

 

"Thank you Taemin-ah, Thank you" minho said right after their lips parted. Taemin pulled his curious look and Minho thought it was so cute "Thank you for believing in me. I am a terrible actor yet you never change me for a better one. I am so terrible at loving someone but for you, I would like to learn. So thank you for giving me a chance. I like you, Taemin ah. I really do" he pressed his lips to the younger's before continue "and until then, until you stop liking Onew, yes yes I know it Taemin, I did some research. I will make sure, you'll like me the most. More than how much you like Onew"

 

Taemin smiled shyly. First because it was his first time hearing some sort of confession. Second, no one knew about his love for Onew, he never told anyone. He thought he was just going to find out the one who spreads the news.

 

And third, because he really really reaaallllyyy like Minho and to hear how the taller boy said he like him was just surreal.

 

Seeing how red Taemin's cheeks had become, minho couldn’t hold the urge to kiss him again. So kiss him he did.

 

It was beautiful and they would like to keep it by themselves only, if only Kibum and Soojung weren't peeking the whole time.

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQmXMw-nIA9KOs8-eh12cK

"Taemin!!!! What are we doing really?" minho groans which sounds more like a statement than a question. Taemin shrugs and sit on Minho's bed. Sighing in defeat

 

They fight, once again. Taemin was trying to explain to Minho why he couldn’t call him few days before, and it was because Taemin was busy with Onew's 3 days concerts which Taemin went to them all…..before telling Minho.

 

"Taemin, I love you you know?" Taemin nods. "Taemin I’m sorry." He continues.

 

Taemin looks up, his brows arched "for?"

 

"I should believe in you. Remember the first time I confessed to you?" once again, taemin nods "I told you, how thankful I am for you because you believed in me even though I didn’t believe in myself?"

 

Minho sits beside Taemin on his bed, "so it's my turn to believe in you. I should. And I promise you to make you love me way more than you love Jinki hyung, right? Then I'm still keeping my promise. I know, even though you're going out there, trying to catch Jinki hyung or whatever it is, at the end of the day, you're mine and mine only"

 

"I know, and I will always love you. More than I love Onew hyung."

 

From that on, minho rarely complains whenever Taemin takes too long to answer his phone because the younger is too busy with his fansites or because the reception on concert venue is bad, because at the end of the day, Taemin is his and his only.

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

HI!!!!!!! Sorry it took me 2 months to post this but I've been tooooo busy with college lately :((((

and I'm sorry this one is kind of lame and i dont really have time to fix it so yeah :(

one more guide before wrapped!

 

 

anywaaaaayyy how's everyone?