Guide #8 (part 1)

Guides to Date a Fanboy

If you ask Minho which part of Taemin that makes his heart go padum padum the most, he will personally ask you to sit down on the most comfortable couch as he keep going on and on about how proud he is being Taemin’s boyfriend. Minho thinks Taemin’s eyes are the most beautiful wells that he willing to drown in any day. And the way Taemin speaks, how his lips pursue whenever he talks and the way he pouts. No one ever pouts just as cute as his black haired boyfriend. Oh and have you seen Taemin dancing? Amazingly beautiful would still be an understatement to describe it. Minho is always too dazed to really tell you of how perfect his boyfriend’s dance is.

 

Because yes, Taemin is perfection personified.

 

But apparently, no one even bother to ask Minho about it. Not his mom who is always bring them snacks for movie nights, or his dad who always spend time to teach the boys about maths. Not even Jinki, the one who always cooing the couple whenever they get together. Not to mention, most of the guys on his school only come to him to ask “How do you manage to date a freaking fanboy?”. Minho thinks it is all because their girlfriends are fangirls and they kind of ask him for dating advices. But they are wrong to begin with. Minho never dates a fanboy.

 

He’s dating Lee Taemin.

 

Being a fanboy shouldn’t be a thing to describe his boyfriend. Yes, Taemin mostly spends his weekend waiting on the line for music shows or concerts and he’s having way too many Onew’s picture on his laptop (and posters all over the room but Taemin promised to take them off one by one). But Taemin is so much more than that. Taemin is Minho’s boyfriend, and that is how people should address him as.

 

And as Minho’s boyfriend, Taemin is doing a very good job.

 

Which is come to the last rule on Minho's list of being Fanboy’s boyfriend : Never ever doubt the amount of love they have for you.

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQmXMw-nIA9KOs8-eh12cK

 

It was the moment when they started dating publicly. As predicted, people would only stare because boy dating boy is against the norm. Blinded by love, the both boys could only shrug them off. they honestly could care less about people’s judge, what else they would care when all you ever need is right by your side?

 

Okay maybe there were doubts on Minho’s mind when he realized he wanted the boy with brown eyes and lips like cherry. First, he thought it was nothing but lust. The latter was known for his sylphlike body and his curvy waist, Minho would be lying if he said he never find the latter somehow y. Second, they are boys. Minho knew boys never supposed to date each other, well that was what people said to him. Don’t get him wrong, he was afraid of people’s judge way back then. What if they wouldn’t let him go around their neighborhoods because he dates a boy? What if they go to his house bringing torch or something and they would bring him to the city hall and they would kill him right away? He told everything to Jonghyun and the silver haired boy just told him to stop reading those classics novel. Third (and the last one) is the fanboy side of Taemin.

 

Having a famous cousin was like the double side of coin. There was always the bad side and the good side.

 

As for the good side,

 

Jinki was always too busy to do the sorting for the gifts he received from his fans, and Minho would sometimes volunteering to do such things, because hey who knows something might become his (and Minho personally and sincerely apologized to Jinki’s fans for taking the cute froggy plush and the phone cases they gave for the idol). The birthday season was Minho’s most favorites. Jinki’s fans went crazy on giving the singer his birthday gifts. Nothing but the best was presented by his beloved 10-30 years old fans for him.

 

December 15th , the next day after Jinki’s birthday was one of Minho’s favorite day of the year. Onew would call him and ask him if he would like to come to his house and do the sorting, Minho would gladly do it.

 

It never failed to amaze Minho how much the gift Jinki received for every single birthday he's been celebrating in his lifetime. His birthday was few days before Jinki and he only had received 1% of the amount Jinki received. From shoes, clothes, bags, even gadgets that Minho was saving his money for, they were there on Jinki’s garage with other bunch of gifts.

 

Just like the other year, Minho stopped by Jinki’s house to do the sorting. Basically the gifts would be sorted by their kinds. Shoes, bags, clothes, bags, and arts that the fans specially made. As he went through the gifts, there was a particular box that caught Minho’s eyes. It wasn’t because the color of the box was his favorite color or it was the biggest of them all but it was the sender that got Minho’s attention.

 

From jinxlove.“Taemin’s fansite” he said in horror.

 

Jinki looked up from the letter he was reading “what?”

 

“uh-huh nothing”

 

“that’s obviously something, Minho”

 

Jinki went closer to his cousin, wanting to find out what the something that made Minho’s mouth in agape. “jinxlove huh? Well that’s my fansite. He’s pretty cute, but way too pretty to be a boy though”

 

Minho frowned, “Hyung, that’s Taemin…the guy who runs it, it is Taemin” Minho almost yelled on Jinki’s face.

 

“Ahhh that guy whose cheekbones are too plumps and his eyes shine like stars?”

 

“slow down with the adjectives. But yes. He is the guy” anyone could see the taller boy’s face darkened once they open the box.

 

In the box placed things that a normal boy would dream to have.

 

“Minho, listen to me” Jinki shook the taller boy from his trance “it’s not from his own money only, okay I know that. He sells my photo books and the merchandises and this is the profit, okay. you hear me right? It’s not his money” Jinki explained. Of course he was aware of such things. Jinki didn’t want his cousin to think his boyfriend was not-a-boyfriend material because he was a fanboy, a dedicated one.

 

“Hyung! I am his boyfriend and you know what he got me as a birthday present? freaking couple bracelet and that’s all. But you…he-“ Minho showed the bracelet around his wrist

 

“It’s pretty cool though,” Jinki decided after running his fingers to the bracelet in Minho’s wrist “Listen Minho, he is your boyfriend but just because you are the boyfriend, you still don’t have any right to accused him cheating on you….nope I’m not finished. Yes, he bought me gifts but I’m pretty sure he would always choose you over me all day”

 

“But with all these stuffs he gave you, I’m not that sure hyung” Minho confessed.

 

Jinki let out a heavy sigh “you are pretty stubborn aren’t you?”

 

Minho wasn’t in mood to go through Jinki’s birthday present anymore. Jinki wasn’t either, it was just too much and if he didn’t get help from other people it would take much time to sort it out. So he gave up and followed Minho inside the kitchen.

 

After few cans of diet cokes, Minho embarrassingly let out a burp which made them laugh out loud. Jinki even , almost trip off his chair. When the laughter died down Minho turned back into his serious mood.

 

Jinki didn’t count how much times he let out a sigh, but he pretty sure the amount is countless “Seriously though, why do you even confessed to him in the first place? I mean you did tell me about him being my fan way before you dated him, right?”

 

Minho nodded “Because I love him?” he replied

 

“exactly. You love him. that’s why you don’t even care if he is a fan of mine or not. Because you love him. I think that’s enough reason why you shouldn’t be this stubborn, you know.”

 

Minho didn’t replied nor said anything about it. he just sat there in the kitchen isle quietly with Jinki in front of him, watching him closely, waiting him to say something. Minho staid quietly though, his mind was in the middle to absorbing what Jinki had just said.

 

Minho loved Taemin and that’s the truth. He loved his boyfriend for every single thing he does but..

 

"but I just want a real cool present for my birthday, hyung"

 

"I know Minho, I know"