What?

A Fire in My Heart

Big sis: “Come to Taeyeon’s house.”

Krystal looked at her phone in confusion. Why did her sister want her to come over to Taeyeon’s house instead of their guardian’s? Amber came behind Krystal and gave her a back hug while reading the note on Krystal’s phone. “Is something wrong?”

“I think so. I should probably go.” Krystal turned and gave Amber a smile but started laughing when she saw Amber giving her a cute pout.

“I don’t want you to go yet.”

“I see you every day at school and it sounds like my sister needs me.”

Amber gave Krystal a tight squeeze before giving her a kiss on her cheek, “Fine, but text me what is going on.”

Krystal got up and leaned down and gave Amber a quick peck, “I don’t want you to worry.” Krystal went to get her coat, “I will see you at school,” and winked before leaving the household.

 

-------------------

 

“Taeyeon I don’t think you planned this through.”

“Nonsense. Let me just clear some things out first.”

“What about your parents or if your brother visits? We can’t stay here forever.”

“Stop thinking about the future. You should be bowing down to your savior once again.”

Jessica gave a huff of frustration while watching the shorter girl cleaning out her brother’s room. “Your brother is handsome,” Jessica was holding a picture of Taeyeon’s family she found in the room.

“Obviously if I am this good looking,” Taeyeon said jokingly. Jessica snickered at Taeyeon’s comment and went back to looking around the room nosily. “Did you tell Krystal you were here?”

Jessica put down the random object she picked up, “Mmm yea. She is on her way.”

“Finished!” Taeyeon threw the pillow on the bed, “My brother is pretty organized so don’t go through his stuff.”

“I wasn’t planning on it.” Jessica opened her suitcase and started to hang up her clothes in the closet space Taeyeon emptied out before.

“Says the girl who touches everything...” Taeyeon mumbled as she watched Jessica get settled in.

*Ding dong*

“That must be Krystal.” Taeyeon left the room to open the door and saw Krystal waiting.

“Taeyeon why did Jessica tell me to come here.” She looked worried but Taeyeon didn’t want her to be the one that broke the news. “I will take you to your sister. She can tell you.”

 

Taeyeon waited downstairs patiently while the sisters were talking upstairs. She got bored so she went into her backpack and took out a book while they worked it out. Finally Krystal came stomping down the stairs. She looked furious which made Taeyeon more worried what they were actually talking about upstairs.

“Krystal is something wrong?”

“Taeyeon you take care of Jessica. I can’t handle her!”

Now Taeyeon was confused, “What now? It really isn’t a problem if you stay here...”

“No it isn’t that. I don’t know what she expects, for me to live out of that suitcase? She took up all the closet space.”

Taeyeon started rolling on the floor laughing, “Really? That’s why you’re mad?”

“Taeyeon you don’t know her! She is very selfish at times!”

Taeyeon tried to compose herself so she can talk to Krystal without erupting in laughter again, “I got it. I will talk to her. Maybe she can use some of my closet space.”

“Whatever,” Krystal was still mad at her sister so she left to the kitchen to get some water.

Taeyeon made her way upstairs to confront Jessica, “Hey you.”

Jessica was laying on the bed flipping through a magazine now, “Yes?”

“Krystal is pretty mad.”

“She is just moody.”

“Well she said you need more closet space. Do you want to put some stuff in my room?”

Taeyeon could tell that Jessica was upset too so she went to the bed and sat next to her, “You know you should be a bit more considerate to your sister.” Taeyeon let her hand softly touch Jessica’s back.

Jessica was aroused by the action and sat up immediately, “Are you taking her side now?”

“What! No. I have no sides.”

“If you like her more. Then she can be your new friend.” Jessica gave her an icy glare before getting off the bed.

Taeyeon was confused and angry by the comment. She grabbed Jessica’s shoulder to stop the girl from leaving the room, “Jessica what is your problem? What is wrong?!”

“Nothing, now let me go.”

Taeyeon didn’t give Jessica a chance to leave, “Obviously something is bothering you! You are usually so sweet to your sister and I can see you taking out your anger on her and me now!”

“Just leave like everyone else!”

Taeyeon had no words so she quickly pulled Jessica into a hug, “Jessica please. Krystal and I are here for you. Why don’t you see that?”

Jessica couldn’t hide the tears anymore and started crying into Taeyeon’s shoulder, “because everyone leaves...”

Taeyeon caressed Jessica’s back trying to calm her down, “I will prove everyone wrong. I promise not to leave you.”

Jessica wiped her tears out of her eyes, “What makes you so sure?”

Taeyeon knew why and she was tired of hiding it, “Because I love you.”

Jessica was surprised at the comment but she then thought about the kiss. She did initiate it but Taeyeon didn’t pull away. Why did her heart beat so fast at that time? Was she sharing the same feelings?

“Jessica...I don’t need an answer but just know that I really care about you. Because of that, I could never leave you.”

Jessica was still staring off into space until she focused back onto Taeyeon’s expression. It was of concern and now that she mentioned it, there was a lot of love there.

“Jessica!” Krystal barged into the room causing the two to separate.

“What?”

“I have had it with your dictatorship! I am taking over half the closet.” Taeyeon started to laugh at the foolish argument the sisters were going to have so she excused herself from the room.

 

-----------------------

 

It had now been a few weeks since the Jung sisters moved into Taeyeon’s house. Taeyeon was used to the petty arguments that the sisters would have from time to time. She also didn’t mind that Jessica still hasn’t responded to her confession yet, Taeyeon was just glad that she could watch over Jessica closely and that she was in a safe place.

Taeyeon and Jessica were downstairs watching TV when Krystal came down looking amazing. Taeyeon’s eyes were glued to the sister watching her walk down the stairs in a stunning summer dress, “Wow where are you going looking like that?”

“Taeyeon stop gawking at my sister. She is taken.”

“I wasn’t. She just cleans up good.” Jessica smiled at Taeyeon’s foolish remark but caused her to get a slap on the shoulder from Krystal.

“Ya! I was always this pretty. And for your information, Amber invited me to her family reunion today. I finally get to meet her parents.”

“That is a big step. So you two are very serious already. It has been only a month right?”

“I think so. Well I have to go. You two keep it PG while I am gone!”

Taeyeon wanted to yell at the younger sister but she left. She looked at Jessica awkwardly but it didn’t look like the comment fazed Jessica.

 

-------------------------

 

“Wow Amber you have a huge family.”

“Not that big. Just lots of cousins.”

Amber reached down to entwine her fingers with Krystal, “come on, I want you to meet my parents now.”

Krystal smiled and followed Amber’s lead. They arrived at a group of adults talking but when Krystal looked up she froze in her spot. Amber saw her girlfriend going pale but she thought it was because she was just nervous about meeting her parents. “Mom dad, this is my girlfriend Krystal.”

Krystal went to shake their hands but her eyes were glued on the couple standing next to Amber’s parents. “Nice to meet you Krystal. This is my brother and his wife,” Amber’s dad introduced Krystal to the two people that were bringing shivers down her spine.

Krystal’s mind was racing, what were the two dragons (guardians that abandoned them) doing here and are her and Amber related as distant cousins? Amber caught Krystal when she got lightheaded and almost collapsed.

Amber whispered to Krystal, “Are you okay?”

Krystal’s mind was spinning, “This isn’t right...”

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

I am sure you were all waiting for this chapter. Happy bithday to Jessica by the way and I celebrate like I always do with another taengsic oneshot for my bias. You can check it out it is called My One and Only. Not my best work but It was fluffy so I am still happy with it.

Anyway, welcome new subscribers! You came just in time for the exciting part of this story line hehe. Enjoy!