Truth Revealed

A Fire in My Heart

Yuri read over the papers and couldn’t believe what she saw. It was hard enough to meet with Jessica but would the girl believe her if she told her this news? Although she had plenty of evidence, trying to break this news to the girl she loved would be difficult.

 

The next day at school, Yuri approached Jessica, “Jessica I need to talk to you...um in private.”

“What do you want now? Taeyeon is finally not mad at me for being at your place anymore.”

“Actually can I talk with you and Taeyeon together? Somewhere safe.”

Jessica looked at the girl with curiosity, “Yea sure. Why don’t we go to my place after school? I moved to a gated community.”

“Okay thanks Jessica.”

Jessica went back to her classroom to see Taeyeon in her seat. The older girl spotted her girlfriend and gave her a gentle smile. Jessica approached Taeyeon and put her hand the back of Taeyeon’s neck to have the girl look into her eyes. “Yuri wants to talk to us after school. Is that okay with you?”

“What about?”

“Not sure yet but she wanted to speak with me and you. That means something important I am sure.”

“Alright. How is Krystal doing?”

“I saw her come in with Amber this morning so I think she is doing fine.”

“Do you think she will come home with us today?”

“Who knows.”

“You are her sister! You should be watching out for her better.”

“I am and I feel better that she is in Amber’s care at the moment. I mean she isn’t on the streets so I feel at ease.”

“Okay...well at least call her if she doesn’t come home with us tonight.”

“Sure thing babe.” Jessica leaned down and gave Taeyeon a quick peck on the lips before returning to her desk and pulling out her assignment for the next class.

 

Yuri was waiting for the lovebirds at the front gate of their school, “Jessy!” She yelled to get the attention of Jessica whom she spotted in the crowd.

Jessica came up to Yuri pulling Taeyeon in tow, “You came earlier than I thought.”

“My class ended early. I will let you two lead the way.”

After walking a few blocks, the three arrived at the Kim residence. “Make yourself at home.”

Jessica was surprised at Taeyeon’s hospitality especially when she knew Taeyeon was not comfortable with Yuri around.

The three were sitting at the table when Yuri pulled out a packet, “Jessica I know you will be surprised but this but please listen till the end before you start yelling or jumping to conclusions.”

Jessica raised an eyebrow, “okay?”

Yuri started her explanation, “So after Taeyeon’s house caught on fire and those “accidents” started happening to Jessica, I hired a private investigator to figure out who was behind all those instances. I know I should have been more up front about doing this kind of investigation but I couldn’t sit idling by while people were doing harm to you.” Yuri took out some pictures from the packet, “As you can see here, this is the guy that pushed Jessica on the bicycle which matches the guy who we also believe as seen here to set Taeyeon’s house on fire. We did a background check on him and this is none other than Amber’s brother...well step-brother.” Yuri looked up for a brief second to see if Jessica or Taeyeon had any reaction but neither of them showed any expression. Yuri continued, “now you would think that he was behind all of this but he was just a lackey and did all the dirty work. He actually works for Amber and her uncle.”

Finally Jessica let out the reaction Yuri was waiting for, “What! Yuri what kind of bullsh*t is this? Amber is my sister’s fiancé at the moment and the girl is very nice. Nothing like that no good uncle of hers.”

Yuri sighed, “I told you to wait till my explanation is done.”

Taeyeon rubbed Jessica’s back, “Sica just let her finish.” Jessica smiled at Taeyeon before turning her attention back at Yuri.

“Like I was saying, Amber and Mr. Quin were behind the mishaps. First it was just Mr. Quin we found out who burned your parent’s house down because Amber’s brother was out of the country during that time period. We believe that Amber was not involved at that point or else her brother would have caused that fire too. However, Jessica and Krystal survived so we believe it was then that he teamed up with Amber as you can see here from this list of phone calls also her brother was reported to come back to the country shortly after. We found out later due to some court paperwork that the plan was to kill off Jessica so Krystal could inherit her father’s money after Amber married Krystal.”

“How can you assume such a crazy story? I mean these are just phone records and approval for Krystal’s marriage to Amber.”

“It isn’t just that. Here are the transcripts of the phone calls we intercepted also. They pretty much say their whole plan here.” Yuri pushed the transcripts towards Jessica so they could read them. Jessica was staring at the papers in disbelief.

“Yuri this can’t be true. Amber adores my sister.”

Yuri sighed, “Jessica some people will do anything when money blinds them.”

“But there must be some other reason for Amber to want our money...I mean this just doesn’t make sense.”

“I know it doesn’t but Jessica they tried to kill you several times. We can’t ignore the evidence that is plain to see here. Can I suggest to have a body guard near you at all times till we submit this information for investigation by the police?”

Jessica was rubbing her temple and not sure what to do so Taeyeon spoke up, “I think we need to talk to Amber first before we submit all of this. I don’t believe Amber would harm Jessica either.”

“Can we at least set up the bodyguard? I would feel better. We also need to watch out for Krystal.”

“I don’t want to tell Krystal this stuff yet, but I will keep a close eye on her too.” Jessica looked at Taeyeon, “Tae she is mad at me right now, but can you call to have to come back to the house? I will talk to Amber.”

“Sica I don’t want to leave you alone.”

Yuri looked at the couple, “I will stay here and watch out for Krystal and you two go together, but I am still calling one of our security guards to watch you two.”

All three agreed to the set plan, but insecurity was still looming over Yuri. No matter what the two were insisting, she didn’t think it was safe for those two to be alone with Amber.

 

 

 


Author's Note

Well it only took 17 chapters for you to find out everything. Some commenters got very close to the truth but no one guessed it 100% right. Also Yuri was never evil to begin with, did I surprise you guys?

fyi: If you reread the chapters you might see where I hinted that Amber was the culprit 

Keep commenting and subscribing, there is some more to come ^^