Cover my Tears

A Fire in My Heart

Krystal was smiling on the way home because she made a new friend today. It was unexpected, but Amber seemed kind and really funny. Krystal walked down the streets that she knew well but stopped in front of a house that was no longer there. Tears formed, ‘How can I be so stupid and walk to my old house...I want everything back to normal.’ Krystal crouched down and hugged her knees hoping the world would let her go back in time and return to the happy memories that once remained.

After a while Krystal got up and walked to the house which was nothing but rubble. She went down and picked up a piece of her old house and put it into her pocket before making her way to the new home she had now.

She entered the home and saw the note on her door before sighing from all the chores her guardians left her and Jess to do. Krystal went down to the basement but she didn’t find Jessica, ‘where did that girl go? No way am I doing all the chores again.’ Krystal was pretty pissed off that Jessica was ditching her again so she pulled out her phone to call Jessica but to her surprise, she didn’t answer. Jessica always had her phone on, so she tried texting her, but after waiting a few minutes, still no answer. ‘Jessica this seriously the last time I cover for you!’ Krystal stomped upstairs and proceeded to do all the chores again...

It was late before the other members of the family arrived home and Krystal was just finishing making their dinner. “Dinner is served,” Krystal said with a smile on her face. She was pretty proud of the meal she made.

One of the twins looked at Krystal, “What the F*** are you serving us?” before she threw the food on the ground. The other twin followed suit before both went upstairs to their room.

Krystal was dumbfounded on what was wrong with the meal. She couldn’t think of anything that she made wrong. “What are you doing? Clean this crap up. Next time make something edible.” Both the parents got up and also went to their rooms leaving Krystal to clean up the new mess that was now in the kitchen.

“Tastes fine to me...” Krystal set down the spoon and continued to clean up the mess. She felt bad for wasting so much food, but she saved a bit for Jessica once she came home.

It was close to 10pm and Krystal was getting worried that Jessica was never coming home. She was going to give Jessica a piece of her mind this time. No excuse was going to wiggle her out skipping out on helping her with the chores. Krystal was going to put the ladle into the drawer but she stopped when she heard the door opening, so she rushed over to “greet” Jessica. Krystal saw Jessica entering with a smile on her face which made her more angry, ‘was she seriously having fun while I did all the work?’ “Jessica Soo-yeon Jung! Where the h*ll have you been!”

Jessica’s smile immediately vanished when she heard her sister using her Korean name and waving the ladle in her face. She knew that Krystal must have been pissed off for her getting home so late and missing out of the nightly chores.

Jessica ducked as if to miss Krystal swinging that ladle at her, “Krystal wait! I didn’t mean to!”

“Where have you been?”

“School.”

“School?”

“Yea I was having a hard time...some girl helped me...and I fell asleep.”

Krystal started to lightly hit Jessica with the weapon in her hand, “How could you fall asleep? You knew we had things to do here when we got home! I did it all for you again!”

“Ahh! Krystal stop hitting me! I will do them all in the morning for you!”

The fight was cut short when they heard one of the parents yelling down, “What are you brats doing?! Keep it down before I have to come down!”

Jessica and Krystal quickly fell silent and rushed down to the basement to hide from any potential danger they could be in. Krystal looked at the ladle in her hand, “what do I do with this?”

Jessica calmly replied, “I don’t know, put it back in the kitchen?”

“I am not going back up there. They might kill me!”

“Keep it down here then. I don’t know. I am tired.”

“You’re tired! You just got up from sleeping! I should be the one sleeping right now!”

“Krystal, all your nagging makes me tired.” Jessica got into the bed and closed her eyes.

“Yah!! Jessica!” All Krystal’s fury was for not because Jessica was already fast asleep. Krystal quickly calmed herself down before putting the ladle on the desk and made her way to the bed.

 

-------------------

As punishment for yesterday, Jessica was left with all the chores in the morning while Krystal went back to sleep. Jessica wasn’t as meticulous as Krystal so she didn’t do a great job and Krystal knew Jessica couldn’t cook so she ended up helping near the end anyway.

The two girls left the house and were walking to school, “Krystal...you aren’t still mad at me right?”

“I can’t stay mad at my big sister,” Krystal smiled and gave Jessica a quick squeeze. “I am glad you are still by my side.”

“I love you too.” Jessica smiled and felt like the world was slowly becoming right again.

As the two girls were almost at the gate, Jessica heard a familiar voice calling her name, “Jessica!”

Krystal turned to look at the girl but she didn’t recognize her even though she knew all of Jessica’s close friends. She gave Jessica a look: Who is she? Jessica responded telepathically: New friend. Krystal nodded in acceptance. “See you later big sis!” Krystal sprinted off and left her sister with the new girl.

“Taeyeon...” Jessica stared at the girl that was walking towards her.

“You both leave early. Next time we should come together.” The girl smiled at Jessica which caused Jessica to feel that funny feeling in her stomach again.

“Oh yea...we should.”

Taeyeon and Jessica arrived in the classroom at the same time while both enjoying this new friendship. Jessica got to her desk and started talking to some of the girls that were her friends before, but they ignored her. Taeyeon saw the interaction was going sour so she stepped in. “Hey Jess! Do you want to get ice cream after school?”

Jessica wasn’t in a good mood when the girls who were friendly before to her just ignored her now, but the sound of Taeyeon’s voice made her heart flutter in excitement. “Ice cream?”

“It is still warm enough for ice cream...come on. You know you want some!” Taeyeon was giving a cute pout so Jessica quickly agreed. “Do you mind if my sister comes?”

“More the merrier!”

Taeyeon and Jessica’s conversation quickly ended when the teacher started the lesson. Jessica wasn’t like her sleepy self in class today and stayed awake due to the excitement of going out for ice cream after class. During break Jessica messaged her sister about ice cream plans which made her even more excited for school to finish.

The bell rang for school to end and Jessica shot up from her seat, “Yay!”

The teacher and the rest of the class stared at Jessica, “Miss Jung are you that excited to be done with class?”

“Ah no mam. Just excited about your lesson.” The teacher shifter her glasses in disbelief but gathered her stuff to exit the classroom. Jessica turned to Taeyeon who was packing her stuff, “You ready to go?”

Taeyeon smiled because she could see the girl was very excited to get out, but it made her wonder if she was excited to spend time with her or have ice cream. “I’m done, let’s go.”

The two made it outside and saw Krystal approaching with someone, “Unnie!” Krystal hugged her sister and saw Jessica’s eyes shifted towards the girl that she came with, “This is Amber. My new friend.”

“Oh nice to meet you, I am Jessica and this is Taeyeon.” The group made their introductions before following Taeyeon to the ice cream shop.

 

The girls were staring at the ice cream through the glass trying to make their decision carefully. “Krystal what do you want?”

Krystal looked at Amber, “Peach!”

“Haha you like the fruity flavors. It fits your personality perfectly” Amber looked up at the employee, “One peach and one vanilla please.”

“Amber you don’t need to pay for me!”
“Let me. At least this one time. Next time you can treat me.” Amber smiled and continued her transaction.

Jessica was watching her sister and Amber’s interactions. She knew her sister better than anyone else so she saw all this to be very fishy. Her thoughts were broken when she heard Taeyeon, “Jess, what do you like?”

She turned to Taeyeon, “I like chocolate.”

“Really?! Me too!” Taeyeon ordered two chocolate ice creams with excitement and eagerness that Jessica couldn’t even intercept the transaction and pay for her own.

“Tae...you should have let me pay.”

“I asked you out, so my treat.” Taeyeon smiled and skipped over to get the ice cream while Jessica went to the table that Amber and Krystal were at.

Krystal looked at Jessica up and down, “Jess is Taeyeon more than a friend?”

Jessica was caught off guard at the question. Amber saw the awkwardness at the table so she quickly excused herself to let the sisters work it out, even though she was very curious to that question also. “What?! No...we met like yesterday,” Jessica whispered.

“Just asking because that is how you acted around Yuri...”

“What about you and Amber?”

Now the tables were turned and Krystal was flushed, “Me and Amber??”

“You don’t need to hide it sis. I can see you like her.”

“What are you talking about so quietly?” The sisters looked up in surprise to see Taeyeon next to them holding the two chocolate ice creams. Amber also walked over with Taeyeon before taking her seat next to Krystal again.

“Nothing...Just girl things, right Krystal?”

“Yea...girl things...” Krystal glared at Jessica for making up a stupid excuse but Jessica ignored her when she took the ice cream from Taeyeon.

The girls quickly ate the ice cream and spent the rest of the time talking about random things not noticing the sky was growing darker and darker by the minute until a huge roar of thunder shook the building.

Jessica let out a small squeak and reacted by burying her face in Taeyeon’s shoulder. “Jessica are you afraid of thunder?” Jessica didn’t remove her head from the safety of Taeyeon’s shoulder so she quickly shook her head yes and stayed in her current position. Taeyeon smiled because she also liked the closeness and rubbed her hand on Jessica’s head to calm the girl down.

Amber got up, “Wait here. I saw a shop next door. I will get some umbrellas if it is going to rain like this.”

“Wait I will go with you.” Krystal didn’t want to be the third wheel while Taeyeon and Jessica were having their moment so she went to search for umbrellas with Amber. Taeyeon was secretly smiling like crazy now that she could spend some time alone with Jessica. She liked her sister and her friend but time alone with Jessica always made the time seem more precious. Unknown to Taeyeon, Jessica was also feeling the same.

The moment was cut short when Amber and Krystal returned with only two umbrellas. “They had only two left when we got there.” Amber and Taeyeon were going ecstatic internally knowing they could use this chance to spend time under the umbrella with their crush.

Although the rain and thunder usually made people gloomy, all four girls were enjoying the sudden downpour.

“Sorry Krystal but my home is this way.” Amber saw that Krystal was a bit depressed that they had to part from each other so soon, “I will see you at school tomorrow. Take care!” Amber snuck in a quick peck on Krystal’s cheek before running away into the rain. Krystal was too embarrassed by the sudden kiss that she forgot to offer the umbrella to Amber.

“Stupid girl. She is going to get sick tomorrow...”

“Someone is worried about....”

“Jess shut up!” Krystal stomped ahead to not let Jessica see her face beet red.

“Jessica you shouldn’t tease your little sister like that.” Taeyeon said in concern towards Jessica.

“She just needs a little push. I can see they like each other.” Taeyeon was surprised to know Jessica’s sister also liked girls, but she did see that Krystal’s personality was similar to Jessica’s.

The girls made it in front of Jessica’s and Krystal’s home before bidding Taeyeon goodbye. Jessica watched Taeyeon go into her house before she felt cold water on her shoulder, “Yah! Krystal wait for me before you walk!”

“You were spacing out and I am tired. Walk faster if you don’t want to get wet.” The sister’s made it to the door and saw that there was a note.

You missed a lot of spots cleaning and breakfast was not good. Also as punishment for not coming in time to make dinner, you are locked out of the house tonight.

“What the!” Jessica was furious, “Where are we supposed to go?!”

 

*Knock knock* Taeyeon opened her door to see the Jung sisters standing in front of her door. “Why didn’t you go home?”

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

Unexpected thunderstorm where I live gave me inspiration. Yay long chapter!!! Things are getting fluffy and it makes me happy!!! I hope you like it too!!!

Thanks for the comments! It gives me motivation to write more!! Also thanks for the new subscribers (We broke 100)!!

Lastly, thank you to BumellaAh_boySHREKYBEARRULESKTIYKY7921forevergorJESS9wayy2tiredd, and aiiyth for the upvotes!!!