Aftermath

A Fire in My Heart

Taeyeon was getting cold so she slowly got off the bench she was sitting on and headed back to the bus stop knowing Jessica would have left by now. As she was waiting at the bus stop, Taeyeon fished out her phone from her pocket but she almost dropped her phone out of disbelief when she saw the list of missed calls from Krystal. Taeyeon quickly called her voicemail causing her to turn around and run the other direction.

 

------------------------------

 

Jessica and Krystal were at the police station giving a report when a smaller girl ran in. Jessica and Krystal turned around in surprise but Jessica wasted no second in standing up to hug the girl that came into her arms.

The tears started to stream down Jessica’s face again, “I thought I lost you...”

Taeyeon was trying to calm the girl down, “Shh it is okay...”

“But..your house...”

“It is okay. It can be replaced. I am glad no one was home.”

“But...your parents...”

“Everything will be fine. Don’t worry about things like that for now.”

The police officer interrupted the happy reunion that was occurring in front of him, “Umm are you Miss Kim?”

Taeyeon took the extra seat between Jessica and Krystal, “Yes I am.”

“Are you the owner of the house?”

“My parents own the deed to the house.”

“What is your relation to these girls and why were they at the residence?”

“These are my friends. They were staying with me..umm temporarily.”

The officer was busy taking notes and then looked up again, “Are you able to contact your parents and do you have any place to stay tonight? Any other relatives?”

“I will call my parents quick and my brother is in Seoul. I..um we can stay with him for a while.”

The Jung sisters were in disbelief about the whole situation but now they would be burdening Taeyeon’s brother, not to mention moving to Seoul??? That was two hours away from their school. Krystal shoved Jessica giving her a look of ‘you should talk to her.’

Jessica quickly caught up to Taeyeon, “Tae...we need to talk.”

“We can talk after I call my parents.”

“No this can’t wait...umm Krystal and I can’t move with you and your brother. It would be too much.”

Taeyeon looked at Jessica with worry, “Where would you go then? You gave guardianship to the Quins but they already kicked you out...”

Jessica interrupted, “Really don’t worry about us. We can find a way.”

Taeyeon knew the Jungs had nowhere to go so she was going to stay firm on her decision to find a place they all could go to while a permanent house situation could be figured out. “Jessica please let me just call my parents. We might not have to go to my brother.”

Jessica looked at Taeyeon with concern, but she also saw that Taeyeon was pleading with her, “I will wait inside, but if I find out we are becoming a burden, Krystal and I will back away.”

Taeyeon cupped Jessica’s face, “Please don’t say that. Let me take care of you. If you ever leave like that, it would be like you backing away from my love for you.”

Jessica gave Taeyeon a quick smile before backing away and heading back into the police station.

Taeyeon quickly dialed her mother, “Taeyeon? Isn’t it late for you?”

“Mommy there was a problem at home.”

“Omg you are not hurt are you?”

“I am fine, but our house...there was an fire. We don’t have a home anymore...”

“But you are fine right? You weren’t home when it happened?”

“I am fine. I wasn’t home, but about the house...”

“We can get a new one. Do you have money to go to your brother in Seoul? Dad and I will wire your brother money to get you new stuff.”

“Mom...Seoul is too far from school. Can we get something set up closer to home?”

“You mean a hotel?”

“Maybe for the time being?”

“I would feel safer with you staying with your brother.”

“Mom...the school year just started. I can’t fall behind with staying so far away. Please, can you help pay for a hotel?”

“Taeyeon...if you insist, but I am coming to Korea the first flight. Okay?”

“I understand...I also have something I want to talk to you about in person.”

“I already booked you a stay at the **** hotel. Honey be safe. Oh do you have your bank card?”

“I lost it in the fire...”

“Okay...well go to the bank tomorrow and get a new one. Your dad will wire extra money into that account so you can get some things until I arrive.”

“Thanks mom.”

“I love you.”

“Love you too.”

Taeyeon smiled knowing that she got a place for all three of them to stay without being too far from school. Problem solved.

 

------------------------------

 

It was almost early morning by the time Taeyeon and the Jung sisters made it to the hotel that was booked by Taeyeon’s mom. All three where exhausted and ready to crash for the night but to their surprise, it was only a double bed and no couch.

Taeyeon wanted everyone to be comfortable for the night, “You two take the bed, I can take the floor.”

Krystal spoke up, “No you and unnie take the bed. You paid for the room.”
Jessica could see this argument going on forever and she figured out that she had the bed no matter what so she slipped in under the covers and went into dreamland not caring who would wake up next to her in the morning.

 

The next morning Jessica was very sore and the soft bed turned rock hard. She opened her eyes to see that she was the one on the floor, ‘How did I get here?’ Jessica got up slowly and looked at her sister and Taeyeon sleeping peacefully on the bed. Hellsica awoke and started shoving the girls in bed, “Ya! Wake up!”

Both the girls got out of the bed to see the fuming Jessica, “Why so upset in the morning?”

“How did I end up on the floor? Taeyeon...”

“Wait. Don’t blame her. She didn’t know.” Jessica’s attention was now on her baby sister, “You see, Taeyeon was going to sleep on the floor so I let her.”

“How does that explain me on the floor and she on the bed with you? Did you also forget I just got out of the hospital?”

“Forgot about the hospital thing...and I am getting there. I noticed you were both asleep and neither of you were going to wake so I moved Taeyeon to the bed and then you to the floor cause I wanted the bed.”

Jessica was about to strangle her sister, “You seriously were that selfish to have the bed?!”

“What is the difference? You can sleep anywhere but I needed something soft to sleep on.”

“I can’t believe you Krystal,” Jessica huffed and went into the bathroom.

Taeyeon was just looking at Krystal in disbelief, “Wake me up when she is done.”

Krystal saw Taeyeon go back into dreamland while she thought of a way to make Jessica not so mad at her.

 

-----------------------

 

The classroom was buzzing about the fire that happened last night but not just that caught the student’s attention. The fact that Taeyeon didn’t have a school uniform on was understandable but Jessica was not wearing hers was interesting. Rumors started flowing around the taengsic couple and their living situations.

Taeyeon was sitting in her desk just blocking out all the useless rumors. She could care less what others were saying but her attention returned to Jessica at her desk wondering if she was bothered by the gossip. When Taeyeon looked over she chuckled when she saw the sleeping princess. Obviously the rumors wouldn’t bother her if she slept through all of it.

Although there was the loss of the house that caused a ripple in the normalcy of her life, Taeyeon was happy she could still see the lovely Jessica Jung sitting close to her in class. Yet life was full of pebbles that threatened to cause more ripples in her calm sea. Taeyeon’s eyes were glued on the girl that started to wake Jessica. “Why is she here...”

Jessica opened her eyes to Yuri looking down at her, “What is it?”

“Can I talk to you outside for a minute?” Jessica looked at Taeyeon for a brief second before agreeing to talk to Yuri.

 

Yuri pulled Jessica out of the classroom and faced her with a serious face, “Are the rumors true?”

Jessica was too busy sleeping to understand what was going on, “Rumors?”

“About you and Taeyeon living together.”

Jessica thought about how to answer this. She really didn’t want the school to know about the situation that Krystal and her got into but Yuri might be hurt if she doesn’t tell the truth. Then again, are they still close enough to share those secrets? “About that...”

“I can tell from your face it is true.”

Jessica sighed, she knew she couldn’t hide it, “We were...I mean are. That is Krystal and I are.”

“Is that because you are dating?”

“It happened before that. We umm...can you keep a secret?”

“Jessica Jung, we dated how long and you don’t trust me now?”

“True...well we got kicked out of our guardian’s house...”

“What?!”

“Hey keep it down.”

“How can I settle down if something like that happened to you? Why didn’t you tell me? I have money to spare...”

“How could I? We weren’t together and even if we were, your parents would have found out. I told you when we broke up that your family circumstances come first.”

“Can’t you see that I want you to come first?”

“Yuri stop. You know that I have Taeyeon now. She decided to take care of us.”

“Do her parents know about...um you living with her?”

“Her parents don’t live in Korea at the moment, but we are hoping to wait until graduation. I won’t need to live with her until I turn of age.”

“Oh...do you get the inheritance then?”

“You know about that?”

“Of course! I live in the land of money. Inheritance is what we talk about for fun.”

“Right...well after, I can support Krystal again. We just need to wait it out till then.”

“I understand.”

Jessica looked at Yuri with disbelief, “you do? You are okay with it?”

“No I am not. Where are you staying?”

“I don’t feel comfortable telling you that.”

“Jessica. Please let me help you and your sister.”

“Fine a hotel.”

“A suite?”

“No a single.”

Yuri sighed, “Jessica I know you love Taeyeon, but let me get you into a better place to live. Something more comfortable. I will allow Taeyeon to come with you. Even though I would hate that you two are still living together when I still have feelings for you.”

“That is why I didn’t want your help. Me being with Taeyeon like this will only cause you pain.”

Yuri smiled, “I won’t mind if you are happy but I can tell right now you need help and it is more than Taeyeon can handle. Will you at least think about my offer?”

Jessica was hesitant but she knew living in that hotel was uncomfortable and she was inconveniencing Taeyeon even more now that she also doesn’t have a home. “I will think about it.”

“Call me when you make a decision.” Yuri walked away with a heavy heart but she was glad Jessica was willing to accept her into her life once again. The girl was getting closer to her again which made her grin with satisfaction. She watched Jessica go back into the classroom before calling a number on her phone, “Hey it is me Yuri. I need you to look into something for me...”

 

---------------------------

 

Taeyeon and Jessica were walking back to the hotel together, “Did Krystal go over to Amber’s again?”

“No, Amber had work today.”

“Then why couldn’t Krystal come home with us?”

“She went to watch Amber at work.”

Taeyeon and Jessica laughed, “Your sister really is love struck.”

“I don’t think she is the only one,” Jessica squeezed Taeyeon’s hand which made the later smile. Both the girls happily made their way into the lobby but Taeyeon’s gaze turned sour when she saw the familiar face looking right back at her.

Her hand released from Jessica’s as she addressed the woman, “Mom you arrived.” Jessica looked at Taeyeon as if she should address the woman but Taeyeon quickly stopped Jessica, “Hey Jessica can you wait for me upstairs, I will be back.”

Jessica smiled and felt the key slip into her hand while she watched Taeyeon leave the hotel with her mother. When she made it up to the room, Jessica plopped down on the bead and thought about her brief interaction with Mrs. Kim, ‘I wonder why Taeyeon didn’t want to introduce me to her mother...am I not her girlfriend?’

 

 


Author's Note:

I must say the biggest downfall of me being your author is that I get dishartened to write often because I start reading other fanfictions and feel like their writing is of much better quality than mine. I will appoligize to that being the reason to why I didn't update for so long.

I hope you can forgive me. I did write a really long chapter this time!!