Unexpected Ending

A Fire in My Heart

She placed the flower on the grave, “Hey it’s me again. I know we can’t erase our pasts but I just want you to know that I forgive you. I hope you found peace in the afterlife. If things were different, maybe you could have been here with me.” A tear went down her face, “I also came to say that I need to officially let you go.” The girl looked down at the ring on her left finger while playing with it, “I am getting married in a few days so this will be the last time I come and visit. I hope you understand.”

A hand was placed gently on her shoulder, “First loves are the hardest to let go.”

The girl smiled at the other person, “Yea but I have a new future ahead of me.”

“Krystal are you ready to go?  Min-Hyuk is going to be mad if we keep him waiting by the car much longer.”

Krystal grabs the other girl’s hand, “Come on, we don’t want Min-Hyuk to miss us beautiful girls.”

Yuri laughed and followed closely behind Krystal leading the way back to the car.

“Are you sure you want this to be your last visit Krystal?” Min-Hyuk questioned when Krystal made it back to the car.

“I have been coming to visit Amber regularly for 6 years but I need to move away from the past. I have you and Yuri to thank for me getting to where I am today and for giving me a bright future with one of you as my fiancé and the other as one of the best friends I could ever ask for. I love you two so much!” Yuri and Min-Hyuk laughed at Krystal’s random confession to them.

“Come on, we still need to pick up your sister from the airport so she can come to your wedding.”

“Ah yea we don’t want to let out the demon within my sister for being late.”

“You know she isn’t that way when Taeyeon is around.”

“Thank goodness they got married. My life has been so peaceful since that happened.” All three were laughing in the car on the way to the airport.

 

Jessica looked down at her watch, “I knew she was going to be late.”

Taeyeon caressed Jessica’s arm to sooth the angry girl, “Sica it has only been 5 minutes. Give her a little bit of time.”

“I know but...” Jessica was cut off with the sound of a crying baby. She looked down at the baby in Taeyeon’s arms, “Give her to me, you must be tired.”

Taeyeon stopped rocking the crying baby and gave her to Jessica who was now trying to sooth her by singing to her quietly, “I couldn’t ask for a better wife and mother to my beautiful child.” Taeyeon lightly touched the soft hairs on her child’s head after the little girl nuzzled herself in Jessica’s arms and fell back to sleep.

Jessica leaned in to give Taeyeon a light peck, “I could say the same.”

“Gross! You two are always affectionate in front of me.”

Jessica and Taeyeon turned to see Krystal and Yuri approaching, “What did you do with Min-Hyuk?”

“He is outside with the car. Come on, he gets impatient if we wait too long.”

Min-Hyuk saw the girls approaching, “Oh my this is the first time I get to see her in person!” The boy ignored the piles of luggage and ran towards the baby that was in Jessica’s arms, “Can I hold her please?”

“Who knew the hot headed detective had a soft spot for kids.”

Krystal stopped putting the luggage in the back, “He is full of surprises isn’t he. I think that is why Yuri and I like him so much.” She walked up to her sister, “if anyone is going to hold her it is going to be her aunt right?” Krystal was trying to give her best pout to let her sister give the child to her.

“No one gets to hold her right now, she is still fussy after the long flight.”

Taeyeon finished getting the last bit of luggage into the car, “come on we can talk later. I am so tired, I want to just go home and rest.”

The other’s quickly filed into the car while Jessica and Taeyeon put the baby into the child seat.

 

-------------

 

Jessica walked into the living room, “Is she sleeping already?”

“Yea I am surprised she went to sleep that fast too. We should still keep it down for a while to not wake her.” Jessica took her place next to Taeyeon while placing her hand casually on Taeyeon’s thigh. “What did I miss?”

Taeyeon took Jessica’s hand in hers, “Krystal was saying how she visited Amber’s grave this morning. We were reminiscing a bit.”

“That was a crazy 2 years but I wouldn’t change it for the world because I have you now wifey,” Jessica gave Taeyeon a light peck while Taeyeon grinned widely, “Umm no offense Yuri.”

Yuri laughed at the affectionate couple, “None taken. You know I found a new love in my life. I am perfectly content with how life turned out.”

Min-Hyuk spoke up, “Ah you are right, in a few days all of us will be married!”

Jessica went over to hug Krystal, “I am not sure if I want to give my baby sister over to the cruelties of marriage yet.”

“Yah! You make it sound like I beat you!”

Jessica went back into Taeyeon’s arms, “Except for you. Life with you is wonderful.” Everyone was laughing at Jessica’s failed attempt to calm her now angry wife.

Krystal tried averting the situation by changing the topic, “Yea that time was pretty crazy. I almost married someone who had a grudge against my family and tried to kill my sister...was it 3 times? Then we saved Jessica and Taeyeon from being kidnapped but only found out that Yuri was in a horrible car crash when we got to the hospital.”

“Ah don’t remind me. I woke up and all of you were gone except Min-Hyuk and Taeyeon.”

“Hey we came back after 6 months. We didn’t have a choice to go to America after being put under the new guardianship.” Jessica spoke up.

“Yea stop complaining. That is how I became close with you and Min-Hyuk too. If we weren’t both looking out for you while you did rehab after I came back, how would I have a spouse and irreplaceable friend?” Krystal was pouting a bit before Yuri interrupted her.

“Ya! Jessica! Only Krystal came back permanently. You left for America again shortly after. I thought we were friends...”

Jessica huffed, “I thought we got pass that. You know I had college and I only came back to settle Krystal back in and retrieve Taeyeon who was acting all depressed while I was away.”

“Who wouldn’t be depressed when the girl you love just takes up and leaves like that,” Taeyeon mumbled.

“I gave you some warning.”

“What warning? The day before you left you told me! How I was I to prepare my emotions for that?”

“I don’t know why you are still mad about that after 6 years. I even married you 4 years after moving to America....And, I know you are still mad for me waiting that long to marry you.”

The other three were laughing at the couple’s useless arguing, “Taeyeon you should just be happy that she did marry you eventually and didn’t leave you behind when she went to America for school like me.”

“Thank you Yuri! I have been trying to tell her that for the past 2 years.”

“Did you two just come over for the wedding to just argue about your love life? We should be celebrating the marriage of these two couples that will wed in 2 days.”

Jessica and Taeyeon looked at each other and smiled until the happy moment was interrupted by the sounds of crying. Jessica was about to get up but Taeyeon held her down while she got up, “I will get her.”

 

~2 days later~

 

“Krystal please don’t tell me that you are getting wet feet?”

“No...being nervous is normal right? You were with Taeyeon right?”

“I wasn’t...you were at my wedding, don’t you remember it at all?”

“I remember it...kind of.”

Jessica crossed her arms and pouted, “You are such an ungrateful sister. I put you through college and help you out by being your guardian but you don’t even remember your sister’s wedding day. The happiest day of her life!”

“Jessica aren’t you supposed to make me feel better on my wedding day?”

A head peeked through the door, “Is she ready?”

“Where is the baby Tae?”

“With my mother. Is Krystal ready? Her fiancé is anxiously waiting.”

“Yea she is. We are coming out.” Jessica turned to Krystal and gave her a reassuring smile, “I am so happy for you Krystal. I am more than happy to be giving you away to...” The two heard the music starting to play, signaling Krystal to come out and walk down the aisle. Jessica reached out for Krystal’s hand, “It is time for me to give you away.”

Jessica was smiling when she walked Krystal down the aisle with her arm linking her sisters. She couldn’t help but think that her father and mother would be proud of how well his daughter turned out at this moment because she couldn’t be happier for her sister. With everything they had to endure together, finally letting Krystal go into the security of someone else’s care is the greatest joy she had for the sister she loved dearly. After reaching the front, Jessica let Krystal’s arm go while another arm took ahold of Krystals’.

Jessica walked back to her seat and immediately grabbed Taeyeon’s hand, “Sica she will be in good care.”

“I know. These are tears of joy.”

Taeyeon squeezed Jessica’s hand, “Your mom and dad would be proud of both you. With everything that happened, you both made it through wonderfully. Now you both have people that will make up for the love your parents would be giving you at this moment.”

Jessica smiled at Taeyeon, “I know and I hope that you also know that my parents would have loved you just as much as I love you.”

There the Jungs were in the wedding hall with the two people that made a tragic loss into an unexpected happy ending.

 

 

~END~

 


Author's Note

Double update! I know I didn't reviel who Krystal was marrying. Some people wanted Yuri while others wanted Min-Hyuk (I will let you choose), but I can't bring the dead back to life so no kryber ending (sorry). This was primarially a taengsic story so I hope I made those readers very happy ^^

Thanks for the support and look forward to future stories. I have another in mind already!!