Strange Happenings

A Fire in My Heart

“Sica are you ready?”

“Ready for what Taengoo?”

“This is our first day back at school while officially being in a relationship.”

Jessica smiled at her girlfriend, “I am ready to kill the hopes of potential suitors.”

Taeyeon was blushing, “I should be saying that...you were more popular than me.”

“You were just too busy studying to see that there were guys interested in you too.”

Taeyeon giggled when she heard the hint of jealousy from Jessica. Suddenly Krystal barged between the two lovebirds causing their hands to break, “Yah! I don’t like being the third wheel here!”

“Aww sorry Krystal.”

“You should move closer to Amber then.” Jessica stuck out her tongue at her sister and walked a bit faster.

Krystal was a bit flustered by Jessica’s comment, “Looks like I might have to if you two don’t stop being super affectionate...”
“I can’t help what your sister does to me. I feel a bit abused myself.”

“I know it isn’t your fault Taeyeon...”

“Yah! Slowpokes get your in gear! We don’t want to be late.” The two girls that were lagging behind Jessica quickly ran to catch up.

As the two girls were running to catch up, both saw a scooter coming towards Jessica that Jessica didn’t see. Taeyeon with her quick reflexes quickly grabbed Jessica’s wrist and pulled her into her embrace, avoiding the scooter from hitting her as it speeded by, “You okay?”

“That a**hole should have watched where he was going!”

“Sica don’t yell at him. You weren’t watching where you were going either.”

“Yah! Don’t take his side, I nearly got run over,” Jessica pushed herself away from Taeyeon.

“Sica...”

“Don’t Sica me...”

“Jessy...don’t be mad at Taeyeon, she just helped you.”

“Now you are all ganging up on me!” Jessica puffed out her cheeks and stomped into the school gates trying to keep distance between herself and Taeyeon.

“Sica wait!” Taeyeon was trying to catch up but Jessica managed to be just a bit faster. Meanwhile, Krystal just abandoned the whole situation thinking the two would work it out eventually so she just went to class like usual.
 

----------------------

 

All day Taeyeon was giving Jessica pleading glances which made Jessica’s heart crumble but she kept up her icy façade towards the girl. Once the bell rang for break, Taeyeon quickly went to Jessica’s desk, “Come on you can’t still be mad at me. You know I have your best interests in heart.”

Jessica had forgiven the girl a long time ago, “It is fine, but you need to still make it up to me.”

“Yes my princess, what do you want?”

“Date...today.”

Taeyeon smiled. She could tell that Jessica was faking anger to coerce a date out of her. If Jessica wasn’t so stubborn, then she could ask Taeyeon out properly. “If that is what I have to do...”

Jessica smiled, “I want to go walking by the Han River and get ice cream.”

Taeyeon kissed Jessica’s forehead, “Alright princess. I will go any distance for you.” The couple’s affection didn’t go unnoticed by those in the classroom. Soon whispers were going around about those two dating.

Jessica didn’t like whispers so she took Taeyeon’s hand and yelled out, “Yes I am taken by her. Keep your hands off.”

Taeyeon blushed at Jessica’s boldness but she kind of liked that they were out in the open now. It was nice to finally be official.

 

Rumors around school were going around like wildfire about the new couple. Taeyeon’s friend Sunny was ecstatic when she heard the news and was ready to plan their wedding. Jessica found Taeyeon’s friend to be a bit hyper for her but Taeyeon liked her so she would have to accept her as a friend too. However, not everyone was happy about the news. Especially towards Jessica being in a new relationship so fast.

“I can tell you heard the news. The nerve of her to date after breaking up with you not long ago.”

“It is okay Yoona...”

“You are still in love with her though...I can tell you are hurting.”

“I am a bit confused myself.”

“I can help get rid of that Taeyeon girl if you want. I am sure Jessica would come back to you if...”

“No don’t bother. I can get Jessica back. She fell for me once. I can make that happen again.”

“I will be cheering for you then. Don’t give up yet Yuri.”

“Thanks...I won’t let her go a second time.”

 

----------------------

 

Taeyeon and Jessica were enjoying their date happily while enjoying the nice weather next to the river. “Did you want ice cream now or later?”

“We can get it now. I can tell you want ice cream. I wondered if you were so eager about this date because of me or the ice cream.” Jessica said with prying eyes at Taeyeon.

“Ice cream of course.” Taeyeon said jokingly but Jessica didn’t appreciate the joke, “Pabo, of course for you." She gave Jessica a quick peck on her lips and led her to the nearest ice cream stall.

Jessica and Taeyeon got their ice cream, “Did you want to find a place to sit or walk around?”

“I have been sitting all day, I want to walk around.” Taeyeon smiled and held Jessica’s hand as they were enjoying their ice cream. They made some small talk but they both were just enjoying the simplicity of their date and alone time.

Jessica let go of Taeyeon’s hands and pointed, “Hey look! There are people fishing down there.”

Taeyeon laughed at Jessica’s fascination, “Never been fishing before?”

“I never thought to go fishing before but it looks fascinating.”

The girls were distracted by the fishermen that they didn’t notice a biker come behind and hit Jessica causing her to fall down the hill hitting the big rocks. Luckily a fisherman saw the incident and caught her before she went into the water. Taeyeon had no time to react when everything happened so fast.

“Jessica!” Taeyeon was pleading on the inside that Jessica was alright as she carefully climbed down to Jessica who was unconscious in the fisherman’s arms.

“We better take her to the hospital. She hit many rocks on the way down.”

Taeyeon just nodded as the tears were coming down.

The three made it to the nearest hospital and admitted Jessica into the ER. The doctors said that she was fine with some minor bruises, but they did say she was lucky her head didn’t hit one of the rocks hard. Taeyeon still couldn’t stop the tears while she sat next to Jessica’s bed waiting for her to wake up.

After several hours, Jessica’s eyes opened a bit and saw herself not next to the Han River anymore. Searing pain covered her body like she was beaten. “Tae...”

Taeyeon looked up to see Jessica awake, “Jessica! Are you okay?”

“What happened?”

“You fell down and almost into the river.”

Jessica thought about the incident, “Biker....”

“What about a biker?”

“It felt like the biker that went by pushed me...” Taeyeon looked at Jessica in shock when she heard Jessica say that.

“Why would he do that?”

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note:

So I planned a double update to go with the previous chapter, but I failed because I was so tired every night and I got writers block, but here is the next chapter even if it came out later than I planned.

I hope my readers didn't forget about Yuri *evil grin* while you were worried about other problems Jessica may have going on.

Thank you for the new subscirbers ^^ almost at 200

 

Also, if you didn't see. I was in the mood to write angst so if you haven't seen already, I have another taengsic story (4 chapters): Winds of Change