Promises

A Fire in My Heart

Taeyeon’s hand remained tightly ahold of Jessica’s while Jessica knocked on the door in front of her. Not long after the first knock an older woman appeared, “How may I help you?”

“Is Amber here?”

“Yes she is, who may I ask you are?”

“I umm her girlfriend’s sister...we are Amber’s friends too.”

“Why didn’t you say so, please come in. She is in the living room.” The woman ushered the two girls in towards the direction Amber was residing.

Amber looked over the couch to see Taeyeon and Jessica entering, “Why are you guys here? Krystal didn’t come over today.”

“We came to see you actually.”

“Oh really?”

“Yea...um can we go to your room to talk or something?”

“Sure. Follow me.”

The girls made their way up the stairs and into the room. Taeyeon and Jessica didn’t hear the door lock behind them but where enamored by how big the room was. “So what did you want to talk about?”

Taeyeon could see that Jessica was getting nervous so she tightened her hold on Jessica’s hand, “Well you see...we came here to clear some things up.”

Amber took a seat near her bed, “Ask away.”

“Umm you know the fires that happened at my house and then Taeyeon’s house? Also the attacks on me? Well we believe your uncle Quin was behind all those but we also found out that maybe you were involved.” Amber was not showing any expression while Jessica was giving her explanations, “well we don’t believe that you would do those kinds of things. We just wanted to ask if you really are behind all these things or have a reasoning?”

Amber showed a smirk, “You know I really care for Krystal and Taeyeon but what would make you think that I would want to harm you Jessica?”

“We hired a private investigator to do an investigation on all those events. He believed you were involved when we did wiretapping. I know that was an invasion of privacy and we didn’t want to believe what we heard either, but you said some things that are hard for us to put our head around. I mean if you have a reason for going along with Mr. Quin’s plan, we can help you out and not press charges.”

“Are you two the only ones that know about this? What about Krystal?”

“We had my friend Yuri help us but we didn’t tell Krystal yet.”

Amber’s grip tightened on the wooden object behind her back, “good.”

----------------------

“Yes?”

“Ms. Kwon we have a problem.”

“What do you mean! Is there something wrong with Jessica!?”

“We aren’t sure. They entered the house an hour ago and still haven’t come out yet. We decided to move in and Amber’s mom said they were in her room but when we checked there was no one there. We also spotted a fresh stain of blood on the carpet. I think she attacked them and took them somewhere but we are not sure. We are still searching.”

Yuri was on the verge of tears, she knew she shouldn’t have let those two go even with the bodyguards. “Keep searching. I am bringing in the police on this. No more waiting.”

“Unnie is there something wrong?”

“Krystal there is something I need to tell you but only after we find your sister, she has been kidnapped.”

“Jessica! Who would keep doing this to her?!”

“Don’t freak out, but we believe Amber did.” Krystal looked bewildered, “I know it may not make sense to you now but trust me when I say that she isn’t who you believe her to be. Don’t do anything stupid while I am gone, I need to go to the police station.” Krystal remained glued to her chair while Yuri ran out of the house.

--------------------

Yuri hung up the phone from talking to the private investigator again to aid in the search for Jessica while still driving to the police station. She finally made it downtown and parked her car in haste. While locking the door she looked both ways to cross the street. There were no cars so she started to make her way across, but like a flash of lightning, a car came and ran into Yuri.

The girl was laying in the street unconscious as the car continued to drive off. A crowd gathered around the girl who was just hit. Many were yelling to call an ambulance but the voices faded as she slipped further and further away from the consciousness of this world.

 

 

“Hello. I am Jessica Jung!”

The girl looked at the blonde beauty in front of her, “Nice to meet you, my name is Yuri, Kwon Yuri.”

“The Kwon Yuri?! You actually go to our school?”

The girl laughed, “Of course I do. I have to go to school too.”

“Well it is nice to meet you finally. I hope we can become good friends.”

Yuri smiled, “I hope so too.”

 

 

“Yuri-ah!!!”

Yuri turned to see a girl running after her, “What is it Jessica?”

“We are going to be in the same class together this year! Aren’t you excited??”

“Of course I am excited! I finally have my best-friend in the same homeroom as me!”

The two girls hugged and danced around happily.

 

 

“Jessica this might sound ridiculous but I fell in love with my best friend....”

“I guess it sounds just as ridiculous as me saying that I fell in love with my best friend too.”

Yuri looked up at the blushing girl in front of her in surprise, “Really?”

“Really really.” The two girls just looked into one another’s eyes with the loving gaze that started their relationship.

 

 

Yuri looked down at the hand that was in hers with a grin plastered on her face, “Yuri what are you thinking?”

Yuri looked up at the girl whom she loved, “Just that I couldn’t be any happier than this moment with you.”

Jessica smiled, “Me too.”

“Jessica Jung, I will love you forever.”

Jessica giggled, “I will remember that when forever comes.”

Yuri pulled Jessica into an embrace, “I will always be by your side forever so get used to us having this moment for the rest of your life.” Jessica just closed her eyes and melted into Yuri’s arms.

 

A tear slid down her face, but not because of the pain her body was in, but because she might have broken her promise.

 

 


Author's Note

I didn't mean for this story to turn into angst, but it seems that way right? 

Sorry for the long wait but thanks for keeping up with me readers and welcome new readers!

If you haven't seen, I did another short story because I keep having random ideas in my head: Hot n Cold