Found You

A Fire in My Heart

She opened her eyes slowly but the aching from the back of her head made her vision blurry. She was confused and didn’t know what was happening but the cold sensation of fear was rushing through her body when she felt ropes binding her hands. Her vision slowly became clearer to see that the room was familiar yet unfamiliar at the same time. Frantically she searched for the person that was with her before she woke up in this location. The more she fidgeted, a groan came from behind her, “Sica….”

“Tae…is that you. Are you hurt?”

The voice came from behind her, “I am fine. I think my arm is broken because it hurts like h*ll but I am fine. Try not to move so much, they tied us together but the rope is tightening on my arm.”

“Do you remember what happened before coming here? I just remember talking to Amber then this.”

“Amber hit you in the head first. Then she tried to hit me, but I blocked it with my arm…but then I out from the pain in my arm I think.”

A faint noise could be heard from a different room with two people conversing. One was a woman and one was a man from the little that was heard. The two people made their way into the room where the two girls were tied up.

“You both woke up fast. I assume you are both in a lot of pain, but don’t worry, your pain will go away soon. ‘Two lovers on a trip together die in a car crash’ will be a tragic headline for tomorrow’s news.”

Taeyeon couldn’t hold in her anger, “Amber you are a demented freak! Why do you have to do all of this?!”

“Why? To get the money back that was rightfully mine.”

“What money?”

“You know Jessica’s father dealt with stocks right? Well he caused my father to lose a lot of money by pulling out all his assets in my father’s business causing it to crash. We lost everything at that time. We had no house and had to rely on family to take care of us for over a year. Eventually we moved here and I found out my uncle was related to your horrid family. Now I am here to get it back with the help of my uncle.”

“Like I said, a demented freak. Doing all of this doesn’t just affect Jessica. You are wrecking more lives than you think. Also Jessica is innocent, she shouldn’t have to pay for something her father did.”

Amber just smiled, “I see no harm done here. Are you ready for us to go on a drive?”

Never before has Jessica felt so helpless. She wanted to escape but more than anything she wanted to protect the two people she loved. Taeyeon was going to get hurt and Krystal will be left alone with this monster. Yet her hands were tied (literally) and she saw no way out.

Amber was about to give Jessica a shot of something before she got distracted by the doorbell. Quickly she gaged the couple before closing the door. Jessica was very familiar to the voice that was at the door. However, she was not in any way relieved to hear that voice, in fact it made her even more afraid that sed person was here. Suddenly gun shots were heard and Jessica feared the worse. The tears came streaming down her face while she sat helpless to what was happening on the other side of the door.

 

---------------------

Krystal heard Yuri leave to go to police station but her thoughts were still trying to wrap around the idea that Amber would be capable of doing such things. However, if Yuri was right, Jessica was in serious danger at the moment. Her thoughts were cut off when her phone started ringing. Krystal reached for her phone but she didn’t recognize the number, “Hello?”

“Krystal, I am the private investigator that Yuri hired. I have been trying to reach Yuri for a while because we found Jessica but she won’t answer.”

“You know where Jessy is?! Tell me now.”

“Wait you can’t go alone. Did Yuri inform the police yet?”

“I don’t know either.”

“I am calling the police now to come in.”

“Wait! Where are they? I need to go there.”

“I won’t let you. It might be dangerous.”

“Jessy needs me! Tell me where to go! Also…I need to know, is Amber there as well?”

“….She is at the Quin’s new residence…Amber was the one who brought Jessica and Taeyeon there.”

“I will meet you there.” Krystal quickly grabbed her bag and took the car keys to drive to the Quin residence.

 

After speeding like a maniac, Krystal made it to the household. She saw that she beat the police there but that is what she wanted to begin with. She wanted to talk to Amber before anything drastic happened.

After taking a few deep breaths, she rang the doorbell. There was no answer so she tried ringing it again. Finally the door opened in which she stared at Amber in the eyes, “Krystal…why are you here?”

“To see you.”

“I mean, how did you know that I was here?”

Krystal started to cry when she knew everything had to be true, “did you ever really love me?”

Amber looked at Krystal with pleading eyes. She knew this wasn’t the right time to be dealing with this drama, “Krystal you know I love you, but can we talk about this in a while. I need to take care of some things with my uncle right now.”

Krystal was wiping away her tears when she heard the cars come up behind her and a hand pushed her down while shots were being fired above her. When she looked up she saw a figure laying down on the ground in front of her. She reached over to touch the familiar face, the person she thought she would love the rest of her life, but in the past hour, everything was over; the love for her and now the girl was laying lifeless.

“Miss are you okay?”

Krystal knew the voice was the same as the one from the phone. She looked up to see a boy almost her age, “I’m okay. Where is Jessy?”

“They are searching the house now. There is an ambulance on the way.”

The boy helped Krystal up when she saw the aftermath of the shootout, her eyes glued to the man that was being pulled away in handcuffs. “Where was he?”

“He tried escaping by car but we blocked the entrances before we stormed in. He won’t cause your family any more problems.”

“Thank you umm…I don’t know your name and you have done so much for us.”

“Oh I am one of Yuri’s good friends, Kang Min-Hyuk.”

“You look too young to be a private investing…..” suddenly Krystal was engulfed in a hug. She recognized the scent and turned around to search the woman from head to toe to see if she is hurt. “She didn’t hurt you? Did she?”

Jessica hugged her sister with all her might, all though she was still weak, “Doesn’t matter, I thought I lost you.”

“I thought I lost you first. I don’t know what I would do without you Jessy.”

A paramedic broke the happy reunion, “Miss, you still have injury to your head, we need to take you to the hospital with the other girl.” Krystal turned her head to see that Taeyeon was being carried out on a stretcher.

“Omg, Taeyeon! Is she okay?!”

Jessica tried calming down her sister, “She is fine. Just a broken arm. She was in a lot of pain so they just knocked her out for now. Where is Yuri?”

“That Min-Hyuk guy said he couldn’t contact her, but that isn’t what is important. Let’s get you and Taeyeon to the hospital for now.”

“I guess you are right. The police and Min-Hyuk will finish all this up.”

Krystal and Jessica joined Taeyeon in the ambulance while they heading off to the hospital together.

 


Author’s Note

 

One more chapter left! There will be no epilogue because the last chapter will wrap everything up with a nice little bow. Thanks for those that have been with me so far! Any questions up to this point, feel free to leave a comment and I will answer.