Caffeine deprived

Late at night

Caffeine deprived was Himchan’s condition at the moment. Only two cups of coffee just weren't enough for him. He had started drinking coffee somewhere around eighteen as he had practiced his instrumental skills and had to stay awake whole nights and from a cup or two to get awake in the morning he had constantly build up an addiction to drink coffee whenever he had time to get himself one. With their tight schedule it hadn't got any better and he started to drink even more coffee until his manager brought it to his attention saying he should level down the amount he was drinking to avoid any health problems that might occur. The thought of missing another comeback had frightened Himchan so he started to drink two cups a day maximum. Himchan knew it was important to stay healthy but nonetheless it was really hard for him. He had to tell himself every time he craved for coffee that he had to stay healthy for the band and for his fans remembering the time where he had broken his fingers and had to miss out promotions. Himchan knew that caffeine was a stimulative that the body after a while got used to and he had to drink coffee just to be at the same energy level that someone was that didn't. As a consequence he was tired, even more than usual. Every time they were in the van driving from one schedule to another he couldn't do anything else but sleep. But today he was sitting in the van on their way home and even if it was really late and he felt tired as hell he could not fall asleep at all. He had not drunk a slip of coffee for the whole day and had the worst headache in his life. He had taken some headache pills as it had started but they were not working a bit. He knew that it was his body’s way of telling him that he was craving for caffeine but he would not give up the goal he made himself that easily. If Kim Himchan had set himself a goal then he would reach it that was how it had always been. He would have stayed away from coffee in general if it wasn't for the fact that he just loved the taste of coffee in the morning.

"Are you okay?" Yongguk asked him as he turned towards him from the front seat.

"Yeah," Himchan answered.

"You don't look well," he went on. The last thing Himchan could need right now was that he looked as awful as he felt. He turned to the other members in the van that was taking them home after practice and the all were asleep or at least had their eyes clothed and headphones in.

"It's just a headache, it won't kill me," Himchan told Yongguk wondering why he was this concerned  because Yongguk had many talents but noticing how others felt wasn't one of them.

"Maybe you should take something when we are home," he said his arms now wrapped around the front seat. Himchan wasn't sure if he wanted Yongguk to turn around and leave him alone or stay like this and appreciate the attention.

"I already took something, doesn't help," he explained.

"Why is your head hurting this much, haven't you slept well last night?"

"Coffee," Himchan answered too tired to build full sentences.

"Did you drink bad coffee? Maybe you should go to the hospital?" Yongguk said with concerned voice that was a bit too loud for Himchan at the moment and he hoped Yongguk hadn't woken any of the other members. Himchan decided he had to form full sentences for Yongguk who apparently hadn’t noticed that Himchan had been drinking less coffee for a while now.

"No, not bad coffee but not enough coffee," he explained.

"You get headache if you don't drink coffee?" Yongguk asked and Himchan just shook his head for confirmation.

"Maybe we should stop somewhere then?" Yongguk suggested.

"It's in the middle of the night," Himchan told him.

"Actually it's early morning already'" Yongguk countered and Himchan decided that he wished Yongguk would leave him alone so that he could go on to wallow himself in self-pity.

"You really don't want any coffee?" Yongguk asked again and was back the old Yongguk that didn't notice it was the last question that Himchan wanted to hear right now.

"No I don't want any coffee. I drank way too much so I decided to cut down with coffee because I have an obligation to stay healthy," he explained and this time he was the one that had been too loud because Daehyun who was sitting right next to him looked at him with sleepy eyes.

"Sorry, I'll be more quiet," he told him with whispering voice.   

Yongguk turned back in his front seat and Himchan kind of felt bad that he was this grumpy because he couldn’t control his emotions well. Yongguk had shown his concern for him and he could not appreciate it and that made him feel even worse. As the van finally arrived and all the members made their way to the dorm in silence because everyone was too tired to start a conversation Himchan walked next to Yongguk. He had the feeling he should say something but did not know what he should say. He felt like apologizing but in the same time thought that it wasn’t such a big thing to actually apologize for it he just wanted to make sure that Yongguk knew that he appreciated his concern. As Himchan was thinking about what he should say Yongguk wrapped an arm around him so that Himchan could lean his tired body against him. And in this moment Himchan realized that there was nothing to say because Yongguk knew him the best and this simple gesture meant a lot for him. Himchan could live without caffeine what he could not life without was Bang Yongguk.