Artistic minds

Late at night

Artistic minds were not easy to comprehend at least not for Himchan. Sometimes he just couldn’t understand what was going on in Yongguk’s brain. He had never understood Yongguk's love for art books and poetry. He did not try to comprehend it either. He had learned that it was a part of Yongguk like traditional culture was a part of Himchan. They both shared the passion for music but both in a different way.  While music for Himchan was a way to convey his emotions for Yongguk it was a way to express his opinion. And there were times when Yongguk's behavior was scarring Himchan. He remembered the one time he had walked into Yongguk's room and found the later studying the concept of gluttony and as he had asked him about it Yongguk had told him he liked to understand the sin of mankind. Himchan did not like it that Yongguk was always more fascinated by dark topics. He would rather like it that Yongguk just asked Daehyun about gluttony and went on with topics like friendship or love but Yongguk always told him that there were enough of those songs already and he wanted to put the focus of their fans on things that went wrong in the world so that they could start to make them right together. Himchan had always liked Yongguk's devotion to make the word a better place and he did not like to change this at all since Yongguk had become a role model for all of the band members but once Yongguk started to look for inspiration it could happen that he got himself lost in his thoughts and went deeper and deeper studying it for hours scribbling notes and drawing strange pattern on papers. Yongguk had told him that he could not understand why everyone acted negative about the art he had been posting on his social accounts but for Himchan it was obvious that some fans had been scared by it. Himchan had seen countless of art pieces Yongguk liked and most of them did not contains pretty landscapes and flowers so he got used to it but for some fans Yongguk's way of thinking was not easy to comprehend and Himchan knew how they felt. It was just hard to get Yongguk to understand it. So as he was checking various sites to keep himself updated about their fans and more one more questions about Yongguk's twitter kept coming in Himchan knew something was wrong. Yongguk had gone to the studio to work on some songs he had recently written so it did not make sense that he was uploading something because once Yongguk was focused on his work he did not think of anything else. Himchan decided to check Yongguk's twitter and saw that he was ranting that he wanted to write songs that had a meaning and that people should be more interested in music than appearance and Himchan did not like what he was reading at all. It was not that Himchan did not share his opinion but rather that he knew that something must have happened to make Yongguk update something like this and that this update would certainly lead to consequences. Himchan dialed Yongguk's number right away and made his way out of the dorm to the rooftop to make sure none of the members could listen to their conversation. They did not need to worry about things like this and Himchan hoped that he could spare them for any troubles Yongguk's tweets would get them.

"Are you drunk?" was the first thing Himchan asked after Yongguk picked up the phone.

"Do I sound drunk?" Yongguk asked slightly confused.

"Yes. On your twitter account it seems you are ranting because you’re drunk," Himchan told him with furious voice.

"I just had to tell them," Yongguk argued.

"What about me? Why didn't you tell me before you shout out your anger to the word?" Himchan asked him.

"All the lyrics I want to use are getting denied because they are too heavy. How can I compose when all I can write about is love and heartbreak? This is not the music I want to make," he tried to explain.

"And all our fans know that so it was totally unnecessary for you to post that. Now everyone is wondering if you are alright. How can you make them this worried?"

"You can't understand how frustrating this is," he said with a loud voice. A voice that he only used when he was venting out his anger in front of Himchan because the younger ones would probably get scared hearing it.

“Where are you?” Yongguk asked him.

“The rooftop. You want to come?” Himchan told him.

“Yeah. I’m coming,” Yongguk said and he heard a door getting closed quite loudly. Apparently it was Yongguk’s plan to stay on the phone with him until he was there. It wasn’t a long way anyway.

“What should I do now?” Yongguk asked him and Himchan could sense that he was overthinking the whole matter again. Yongguk tended to do that and he getting angry at Yongguk did not help the matter.

“Have you talked to them or have you just left and started tweeting?” Himchan asked him.

“Hmm,…more the second thing,” he said.

“Then tomorrow go talk with them while I’m going to post senseless stuff with Jongup,” Himchan told him.

“Thank you,” he heard Yongguk say back in his deep and quite voice that Himchan liked so much.

“Now come here and tell me what exactly is going on in your mind that you want to write songs about,” he told Yongguk because he knew that Yongguk needed someone to talk to right now. Maybe he wouldn’t understand all of it and it probably wouldn’t let all their problems vanish but if Yongguk wanted to tell him about his profound thoughts he would listen and if Yongguk could not talk about it they would find their way back to the recording studio where Himchan would sit and listen to Yongguk express himself through music. In the end it was always music that liked their minds.