Fading energy

Late at night

Fading energy was Himchan's biggest problem at the moment. Himchan knew himself that he was a moody person, he had never denied it and even stated it at various interviews. Everyone knew it and right now he was not in the mood to talk to anyone, so he had no idea why the youngest wouldn't stop asking him questions. They had talked all day long having an interview and a radio-show behind them and he really felt like sitting in front of the TV doing absolutely nothing. He did not even care what program was on, but apparently s had way more energy than he had.

"Can't we go and see Frozen the next time where we don't have schedules? I've seen the trailer a dozen times already and it seems to be a really good movie. I can show it to you if you like to," Jongup told him, excitement radiating throw every pore of his body.

"It's a Disney movie Jongup. I'm too old for that," he answered annoyed. It was not the first time Jongup had asked him about the movie and he had the feeling it wouldn't be the last.

"I want to go skateboarding," Junhong told him.

"It's freezing outside. You'll only catch a cold," he told him.

"I'll wear a winter jacket," he argued.

"Just stay in the dorm," he said.

"Please, just for half an hour," he bagged.

"I already said no," he told him and saw an angry look on his face. He wished Yongguk was here to play the bad guy instead of running off to the studio leaving him alone to deal with the members. He and Yongguk relied to each other a lot but since Yongguk was the silent type he often let Himchan do all the nagging and arguing leaving him to be the bad guy whereas Yongguk became the perfect leader and it Himchan found it somewhat unfair.

"Just because you're always freezing doesn't mean it's cold," Junhong said.

Himchan looked to Youngjae in hope to get some backup but Youngjae was playing with the iPad and totally ignored everything around him.

"I will let you go next time when it's not that cold and not that late, okay," he said trying to console Junhong with that.

"If he can go skateboarding next time, that I want to go watch Frozen next time," Jongup said.

"Seems fair," Junhong said, taking Jongup's side.

Himchan did not want to argue so he decided it was best to say nothing at all instead of saying something wrong and agreeing to something he would regret later. Himchan's mood was dropping with every minute and so was his energy and it fell dramatically as he saw a furious Daehyun coming out of the bathroom.

"Who is always leaving their dirty clothes in the bathroom and doesn't mind putting it away?" he asked angrily starring right at him.

"Why are you looking at me, I'm the only one in the door who tries to keep this place tidy," he defended himself.

"Sorry, it was me," Junhong told him, "I had to shower in the morning because I fell asleep yesterday because Himchan hyung did not let me shower first." Junhong was grinning at him because he had his revenge now.

"See I was right, in the end it was you're fault," Daehyun said and he knew it wouldn't take much longer until he was losing it.

He stood up and went to the kitchen. Food was Himchan's solution for every problem, so he started to look for some snacks. He noticed that Daehyun also found his way to the kitchen probably decoyed by the sound of the opened refrigerator door.

"Didn't you say you wanted to diet again?" he asked and destroyed all of his appetite with one question. He shot Daehyun a rather unfriendly glare and sat back down on the couch feeling even worse than before. Today was just not his day and there was probably nothing that would make it better he thought as the front door opened and Yongguk came inside. Himchan didn't even wait till he had undressed his jacket and his shoes, he immediately jumped up and ran to him.

"Bang, make them shut up please," he begged him and held onto his arm. Yongguk showed his usual gummy smile.

"Want to go for a walk?" he asked him and Himchan's face lit up straightaway.

"Sure," he answered as he grabbed his phone and his jacket.

"We're going outside," Yongguk shouted as Himchan put on some shoes.

The weather outside was grey and windy and Himchan thought it fitted his mood. The just walked next to each other and enjoyed the silence. Yongguk had always been a person that liked silence and it never had been awkward between the two of them.

"You can call me," he said after a while.

"Hmm?" Himchan just mumbled.

"If it gets too much, I could have come home earlier," he told him.

"No, it wasn't that bad, I'm just a bit out of energy," Himchan replied.

He had not noticed where they were heading until he saw a familiar sign that indicated the store was selling coffee. Yongguk held the door open for him and they walked inside.

"Find a place," Yongguk told him and went to buy coffee as Himchan took seat at the table all the way at the back of the coffee shop. Yongguk came back with two cups of freshly made coffee and Himchan's mood became good immediately because there was nothing better than coffee that Yongguk bought.