Bad pronunciation

Late at night

Bad pronunciation was something Yongguk had not considered while producing their songs. He knew that all of the members English was not as good as it could be and it was an important matter since they loved all the devotion from international fans but he never thought that their pronunciation could lead to any problems. He was proven wrong as their manager once came to Himchan after their song Hurricane was released and told him that Himchan had to re-record his lines. He had expected Himchan to be angry and vent his frustration something but he did nothing like this had happened. Himchan had gone with the manager as if it was the most normal thing to do. Yongguk had asked Himchan if he should go with him but he had answered that he would rather like to record it with someone else. He knew that Himchan was a perfectionist and like Yongguk himself worked really hard for their songs. Yongguk knew that Himchan had been devastated that it had not been enough. Yongguk blamed himself that he had not noticed anything wrong while working on the song. He could have prevented all that before it happened and it had been his fault that Himchan had to go through this and he could not even help him because Himchan had not wanted his help. He did not argue with Himchan over this but left him re-record it with the other producers. Yongguk had failed him so he could understand why Himchan did not want to trust him with this again. Himchan had been silent for a few days, his mood was not the best and there had been a tension between them but since Hurricane was not their only release and all the songs had a good repose matters where soon forgotten. But it came all back when fans at the concert in New York started to sing “loof” instead of “roof” on purpose. He had looked to Himchan and saw him smiling like nothing was wrong and go one with the dance moves but he knew Himchan well enough to know better. He was now waiting for Himchan to come out of the bathroom in their shared hotel room to talk to him. He had no idea what to actually say to him because Yongguk never knew what to say in those situations but he couldn’t leave matters like they were. This tour was one of the best things in happening in their career so far and he did not want that any of the members where in a bad mood because of one of his mistakes.

“What are you pondering about?” Himchan asked him. He was slightly surprised because he was lost in his thoughts and hadn’t even noticed Himchan coming out of the bathroom.

“Nothing,” he answered because he still had to think about what to say.

“Like always. Nothing seems to be a really complicated and thing that is really bothering you,” Himchan said grinning as he let himself fall onto the bed where Yongguk was sitting.

“It’s about what happened at the concert, right? It has to be. You always think about those things way too much. It’s not that they hate the song or anything and we cannot take the old version of the song out of their brains and let them only remember the new recorded version. It’s not that I don’t wish they would sing it correctly but it’s not that bad either. I mean at least they sang with us, right? It would be way worse if everyone just kept silent on this part. That would totally bring me down. Are you even listening?”

“Yeah,” he answered and looked at Himchan who was still lying on his back now playing with his wet hair. He had not expected that Himchan would see it that way. He thought that the other would worry about it and feel bad about the situation but apparently he underestimated Himchan once again and had worried for nothing. Of course he noticed that it was bothering Himchan from the way he was talking about it but he wasn’t sad nor frustrated and that was a huge relief for Yongguk. He had expected to stay the night up trying to cheer Himchan up because he wasn’t really good at stuff like that it always took quite a while for him to do it but now it didn’t seem necessary.

“And what are you thinking? Would you like to share your opinion on this matter? Seriously Bang you can’t always let me talk and say nothing. This isn’t a proper conversation. How should I now you are listening when you don’t say anything,” Himchan went on talking and interrupted his thoughts.

“You’re right,” Yongguk answered him.

“If you think I’m right then you could say a bit more than just that I’m right,” Himchan told him.

“I meant what happened at the concert,” Yongguk said. He could not change that he was not much of a talkative person anyway. Himchan had told him a thousand times already that he wished for him to talk more but it always ended the same way. Himchan kept on talking and Yongguk answered once in a while to clarify that he was listening. He liked it that way. He could tell Himchan that he had been worrying about him but he kept silent because he knew Himchan would then start worrying about Yongguk worrying about him. It had happened before. Sometimes the diversity of their characters got them into problems that did not need to happen and so Yongguk knew it was best to just sit there and listen to Himchan’s rambling until he fell asleep. It was a nice way to fall asleep anyway.