Body art

Late at night

Body art was definitely not Kim Himchan's thing. He had found it strange as they had painted black tribal-like things on his skin for the Power MV. Before joining BAP he had always found tattoos something delinquents would do, it was after talking to Yongguk that he had begun to understand tattoos as a form of art, as expressing oneself through your body. Yongguk had not mind to explain him why he liked tattooing his body and that he wanted even more tattoos, as he had only one when they got to know each other. Himchan was sure he did not want any. It was one thing accepting Yongguk's tattoos and another to get one himself. It was neither the size of Yongguk's new tattoo, neither the meaning behind it that bugged Himchan, it was everything that happened before he even got it. At first he had to get permission from the company. Even if they had easily said yes the time before they were not that accepting when it came to inking the whole upper torso. This had made Yongguk grumpy. And that always led to Yongguk disappearing into the recording room acting out his artistic and mind leaving Himchan on its own. The other thing was what happened after he had got permission. Every free hour when they had not had any schedule he had disappeared to his sister and her boyfriend to work on the draft for his new tattoo. Since they hadn't much free time to begin with it resulted to the fact that they hadn't found any time to talk with each other at least not some deeper serious conversations that Himchan was so fond of. If he talked he would talk about nothing else and since he knew that Himchan had no knowledge about tattoos at all about he would seldom choose Himchan as his partner in conversation and as Yongguk wasn't the most talkative member to begin with they had talked less and less with each other. All in all Himchan was missing Yongguk and he blamed his new tattoo for everything that's why even if it fitted Yongguk and made his appearance way more attractive Himchan started to dislike it. And if Himchan disliked something you could always notice it and that was why Yongguk asked him what was wrong as he walked into the living room shirtless because he apparently had just showered his hair still wet and smelling of shampoo.

"Nothing“, he answered embarrassed that Yongguk had noticed.

"You don't like it, right?" he said to him and even if he did not say what he was talking about they both knew.

"If never said that,” Himchan stated in return.

"You never said anything about it," Yongguk said as he put a black and white striped long-sleeved shirt on that he got himself directly from the drying rack. Zelo wouldn't be too happy seeing that put he was currently practicing with Jongup. Himchan did not care how the clothes looked and if they were ironed and folded as long as they were not lying around everywhere in the dorm.

"You never asked me," he told Yongguk as he said next to Himchan.

"I'm asking you now," he told him.   

"Is it even important?" Himchan said sulking.

"Of course it's important," he said.

"If it was you would have asked me before you inked yourself. Not that it would change the fact that you would have got your tattoo anyway," he said to him.

"You said you liked the other two tattoos, I never thought you wouldn’t like it," Yongguk told him looking noticeably concerned.

"Is it because of the size?" He asked him.

"No," Himchan told him not willing to tell him the real reason.

"It's because I haven't talked with you about it. I'm sorry Channie but you have to understand that tattoos are something I want to do for myself," he tried to explain to him.

"That's not the reason either. I told you before that I don't care how many tattoos you ink into your skin. I wouldn't mind even if your whole upper body is full of them," Himchan standing up and walking to the kitchen. He didn't even know what he wanted there but he wanted to get some space between him and Yongguk. He knew him well enough to know he would ask him again and again until he knew the reason. If something got denied to Yongguk he saw a challenge into getting it, Himchan's answers where included in this behavior. Himchan was no one who directly told anyone what was on his mind but Yongguk did not care. He would make it his goal to find out. They had played this game many times before. He decided to get himself a glass of water for an excuse to be in the kitchen. 

"It can't be the motive," Yongguk said. Himchan did not know if he just said it to himself or as a question. He decided not to answer.

"Any hints?" He asked Himchan.

"Why can't you just leave it with the fact that I don't like it, why do we have to talk about my reason," he asked him.

Yongguk came to him to the kitchen standing there looking at him.

"Because you haven't talked to me at all," he said.

"Me?" He asked in return.

He noticed that Yongguk was grinning as if he had just answered a difficult riddle.

"Are you hungry?" He asked him.

"A bit," he answered. Since Himchan did not allow himself to eat much he was hungry most of the day.

"I'm hungry. Let's go out," he said which was strange because Yongguk was rarely hungry and almost never wanted to eat out.

"Ok," Himchan said not quite sure what was going on in Yongguk mind.

 

"Why did you want to eat out?" Himchan asked him as they had ordered something.

"Because we haven't spent any time with each other." He told him.

"And?" Himchan said not being content with the answer.

"It was my fault," he said and Himchan was the one smiling now.

"You like my tattoo now?" He asked.

"You could make it more appealing," he told him.

"How?"

"Let me take a picture of you and put it on Twitter," he said knowing Yongguk did not like it.

"Sure," he said and Himchan knew he was only playing he did not care.

With one of the 5 persons I love most, he wrote after uploading it happy they finaly found time for each other and that he could now appreciate Yongguk's tattoo like he wanted to.