Kakao Talk

Late at night

 

Kakao Talk was informing Himchan for the twentieth time since Yongguk came to the rooftop that he got a message. He knew that Himchan was the extroverted and sociable type exactly contrary to him but he found that this constant messaging became somehow an obsession. There were times that he wasn’t even aware that Himchan was in the room because rather than talking he was playing with his phone and it was really bizarre not to here Himchan talking. Yongguk knew that Himchan had a lot of friends even predebut he knew more people than Yongguk would ever know in his lifetime but he wasn’t constantly texting them. Sometimes he just wanted to take the phone out of Himchan’s hand and throw it out of the window but just because he wasn’t the type that liked to be surrounded by many he couldn’t expect it from everyone else.

“Don’t you get sick of this constant buzzing?” he asked him while getting next to him. The rooftop got their new place to relax since they moved to the new dorm. At the old one they had always taken a walk to a hill not far away from the building but since this one was further away Himchan had one day found his way to the rooftop and it somehow became their place to talk and watch the lights of the city.

“Not really,” he answered still ignoring the messages he got.

“Don’t you like to read them?” Yongguk asked further.

“No, not right now. I don’t think it’s anything important anyway,” he told him his face stern and concerned.

Yongguk craved for a cigarette right now. He had stopped smoking during his trainee days but sometimes especially in moments like that when he was trying to relax and take a break he still longed for one but on the other hand he had no interest in starting again and just imagining Himchan’s nagging ruined his craving.  

“I’m never going to understand how one can have so many friends,” he told him.

“There is a difference between people you know and friends,” Himchan answered and he immediately got aware of the fact that something was on Himchan’s mind. That was not the usual playful Himchan but the silent mature one that you got not often to see.

“Isn’t it stressful to keep in contact with so many?” he asked trying to get closer to what was bugging him.

“I guess I have to distribute myself to many, because no one can take much of Himchan for a long time,” he answered.

“I don’t mind,” Yongguk told him.

“Yeah, that’s why you’re strange,” he said.

“You wanted to say, that’s why I am your friend, right,” he told him. The phone began to buzz again and Himchan decided to take look this time but he did not start typing but rather put his phone in his pocket again leaving it unanswered.

“What’s wrong?” Yongguk finally asked knowing Himchan would not talk about it on his own.

“I want to go to New York,” he said and Yongguk was totally not expecting this kind of answer.

“What?” he just asked.

“Some of my friend are planning a trip and asked me to come along and since we have finally some time for our own I want to go with them,” Himchan explained.

“And?” Yongguk asked again not seeing the problem.

“I don’t know. I would be going without you and we did everything together since debut and…” Himchan was missing further words.

“Do you thing we are going to miss you so much if you’re away for a couple of days?” Yongguk asked playfully.

“Do you think it would be okay?” Himchan asked him nervously.

“I don’t see why not. We are on break and I think it’s even better if every one of us has some time on his own. I meet up with my brother and sister without you guys too if I need some time on my own so why shouldn’t you be allowed to go on vacation with your friends,” he explained to him.

“Thank you,” Himchan said while grabbing his phone and answering one massage after another with a smile on his face and even if Yongguk knew that this meant the end of their conversation because Himchan would not look up from his phone for quite some time he was at least content that he was smiling again.

 

“I’m hungry,” Daehyun declared not to anyone’s surprise.

“Since we are all together for once, minus Himchan that is, why don’t we eat out?” Youngjae said and Yongguk could fell all their eyes on him.

“Okay, let’s eat out,” he said knowing they would win either way.

“Yay!” Zelo shouted and looked for something stylish to wear. He had been studying for his exams the past few days and Yongguk knew he could need some time with the members right now.

“Himchan is going to be envious,” Daehyun said as they were on their way.

“I don’t think so,” Youngjae disagreed.

“It’s one of Himchan’s favorites,” Daehyun explained.

“But he is in New York eating burgers right now,” Youngjae told him.

“Let’s take a picture and upload it when the food arrives so that he sees it. Maybe Yongguk lied maybe the members were do missing him a tiny bit especially he himself and as the food arrived and everyone got in pose, Youngjae doing a V-sign and Zelo leaning over towards Daehyun’s lap so that he was captured in the picture too Yongguk was taking his phone out of his pocket and opened Kakao Talk to massage Himchan that he was not missing him a bit. As always Himchan replied in a matter of seconds like he always did. But I do.