Sixteen

Her Whisper

Love makes you do the things you never thought or dream of doing. The sin you would commit will feels right. And that's the most unwanted part of it. 

Kim Haemi, she was the girl who had his heart. They were just friends in the beginning didn't know when he has lose his heart to her through the way. 

 Daehyun scoffed at his stupidity for falling for a wrong girl. But he wasn't to be blame, it was just his heart. And afterall we humans haven't develop in the area of detecting good or bad in a person. 

 He was just a toy to Haemi, he didn't realise it until it was too late and by then he had commited a sin. And it didn't make him any  better that he run away instead of repenting on his sin. 

 He came from a middle class family. Maybe it was his only fault in that the girl he loves betrayed him. He always scoffed at the person who said that "Money doesn't buy you happiness". 

 If money means having the one you love by your side then he want money. 

 But he was so wrong, it was the heart he needed because it's the heart that decide what you can have or not, doesn't matter whether it's your heart or the other. 

 

Flashback

 

"Oppa! I want you to do me a favour"

 "Sure" without hesitating he said yes if he only knew what was coming he swear to god he would never agree

 "Promise me you won't tell anyone and you won't back away"

 "I promise" all he wanted was to make her happy

 "Help me to remove Hyoan out of my way" Daehyun widened his eyes, he waited for a whole to see any kind of tease on her face but man she was serious, what he had gotten into.

 

-------------

 

" Haemi!" He knocked on her for a few times, his guts was telling him that something is wrong. Without a due he break her door, he was surprised of his strength, no kidding the door was thick, only to realise latter the door wasn't closed properly. 

 "Haemi! Haemi" he didn't care about the neighbour he only wanted to see her, his heart wouldn't calm down until he see her all fine. 

 "I'm coming" He open the door to her room, all was a mess, the door to bathroom was opened, he stride in to found Haemi in the bath tub with her nerve cut open. 

 "!" He panic his mind stop working. He never thought to ever witness such scene, he regreted for not agreeing to help Haemi. 

 She was quite stressing out after Baekhyun and Hyoan marriage. All she wanted was Baekhyun, there's not even a little space for him in her heart. But crazy love has its effect no matter what happen you would want you loved to be happy even if it means hurting yourself. 

 "I'm sorry I'll help you Haemi-ah" he let out his silent sob. 

 

°•°•°•°•°

Present

Daehyun pity himself, he was just a fool in love that even after he saw Haemi crazily in love with Baekhyun he dare to have a hope to get her love. 

With all those bitter memories buried deep in his heart he was out to set things right. He drove his car following the gps. He was lucky enough to get the address. 

The neighbourhood doesn't look like the place where the rich would reside. Maybe the Mr.Jung decided to abandon their luxurious life? He drove to the neighbourhood xxxcvvbgn just to stop at a certain house. 

What had happened in those leap of three years he got the slightest idea.

Byun Baekhyun is going to regret. 

Daehyun was tempted to go into the house but how? How could he show his face to Hyoan's parents after what happened? He was the guy Hyoan was rumored to have affairs with and eloped. 

Daehyun knew the rumored part as he was a part of the scheme that Haemi planed. 

 

He was startled by a man knocking on his window furiously.He choose to roll his window down.

"Young man please help me"

 

Daehyun was shocked to see Mr.Jung Taehyun. He wouldn't have recognised him if it was a scar on the man hand. 

Daehyun could see the obvious wrinkle on his face. His white hair. His face unshaven. Daehyun can compare him to a wrecked man. 

 "Young man, please my wife got a , please"

Daehyun heart shattered the used to be powerful man was pleading him. Sensing the emergence he get out of his car "I'll help you". Mr.Jung ran to the house and Daehyun followed.

He saw Mrs.Jung Sumi lying on the floor, he saw the wheelchair beside her. Without wasting any time he and Mr.Lee brought Mrs.Lee to his car and brought her to the nearest hospital.

On the way he was showered with Mr.Jung continuous thanks. 

 

Next Day

30 min walk can help you clear your mind, with that thoughts in mind Joongki call Baekhyun and asked for a jog together in the Hangkang.

Joongki spend his night sleepless thanks to the ghost, he reminded himself of asking her name when he saw her. 

Taking a deep breath he inhale the fresh air, he warm up himself by doing stretches. There were only few people, he assume himself arriving early. He sit on one of the bench and observe the river. 

His though wander to live and dead. Sure many times the thought of dead had crossed in his mind and he admit it scares him. Like every human being he too wonder about "What will happen afterlife?" 

"And I wonder how ghost exist"

"What?" 

Joongki turned around and saw Baekhyun walking towards him, he carried a water bottle in one hand and other shoved inside his track pant. 

"Good morning" he smile

"Let's start"

"No "good morning" to me"

Baekhyun looked at his friends, this guys always care about little thing and he knew he's going to pressurised him until he reply, so he greet him. Baekhyun was little surprised that Joongki wanted to joined him in his morning exercise. He remember how  Joongki used to laze around when it comes to workout, it was back then when they used to share the dorm. Time change and people changes, Baekhyun could see live example. 

Both of them started to jog and chat about shares market and business related things.

 

--------------

 

Haemi hum a tune that she couldn't remember the lyrics as she chopped the vegetables in perfect pieces. 

She hurriedly mixed the ingredients and fried the rice, while waiting for the rice to be done she clean the kitchen even though she needed the time to figure out where ingredients and vegetables were placed. But it was worth anything is worth for Baekhyun. 

She was making Omurice for breakfast, she can't wait for Baekhyun reaction

"Done and now-" she takes two egg and break it. The pan she placed earlier was evenly heated, she pour adequate amount of oil and started making omelet. 

Hyoan watch every move of Haemi. Her hand clenched whenever she mentioned Baekhyun name. 

It's time to take decision, it's either she suffer or she makes them suffer. And the latter choice seems convincing.  A slight smirk drew on her lips. 

 

-----------

Daehyun stood in the corner and listen to Mr.Lee conversation and it didn't make him feel good,  Mr.Lee might not know him but his eldest daughter Sora will recognise him  in just a glance. He stayed up all night with Mr.Lee and even help him paying the hospital fee, he recall how Mr.Lee thanked him and promise to return the money when his daughter will arrived. 

Apparently Mr.Lee forgot to bring his phone and it results him to unable to contact Sora. He realised how his daughter would worry about them. By all those emergencies he forgot to infrom his daughter when he realised it he asked Daehyun phone and called Sora. 

"Father I'm coming" Daehyun wanted to run away from the hospital the moment he heard Sora speaking in the other line. He wasn't prepared, he needed to prepared his mind mentally he can't face her. 

Daehyun sole purpose was to apologise to you Hyoan family but for that ones need A daring heart. When he saw Mr.Jung ending the call he walk up to him. 

"I think I should go now"

"Young man you must be tired, thankyou for everything" Mr.Lee bowed and Daehyun felt he doesn't  deserve the courtesy. 

"Give me your contact I'll call you to give your money back"

"Appa!"...


How Sora will react? what's Hyoan going to do?