Fourteen

Her Whisper

We never wish for something worst to happened yet it always struck us.

Chanyeol let out a tiring sigh. Loosening his tie with his right hand and his other search for the switch of the light of his room. He was very tired physically and mentally. The work at the hospital always drained out his energy, a very usual thing that happened to him but it was the meeting with Baekhyun which makes him restless, he was anxious. His mind couldn't remain calm.

He extremely regreted for not accepting his coworkers invitation to have lunch. If he didn't went to meet Baekhyun, he wouldn't have these battling thoughts.   

He gulped down a glass of water and laid down on his bed. Closing his eyes he tried to cool down his mind and hopef to find possibility to solve the problem.  

"Erase his memories" Chanyeol chuckle, that brat still love her.  

Chanyeol has fallen into a deep thought again. After a few seconds of thinking he get up and called the hospital asking for leave for few days. He hoped to get a holiday.  

"I thought I forget everything"   

Nothing was wrong in his life, he love his life as a psychiatrist. The work was sure tiring and he may have to loose his sleeps but he loves his job. So it doesn't matter.   

"I am sorry Baek but I need some times" Chanyeol stood up and started packing his stuff. He can't face Baekhyun because once he came face to face with him, Baekhyun would pasteurised him to do the therapy on him.  

But he didn't want the history to repeat itself. He didn't want to regret again, not again. It was enough to bear the guilt. The sin he had commited was enough.  

Chanyeol ruffles his hair in frustration, he was thinking again. Again and Again the dreaded scene played in his mind.   

"I'm sorry" the only words he wanted to tell Hyoan. Unknowingly his tears rolled down his cheek.

◇◇◇◇◇◇

---

Joongki sit quietly on the table, looking nervously at his father sitting across him. Mrs.Song keeps on ranting

 

"Did you eat this" another packet of ramen was thrown in the dustbin. Joongki eyes would have flown a rivers of tears if he was sensitive. His heart breaks everytime his mother throw junk foods. 

 

It wasn't like Joongki is obsese with junk foods. But we are talking about those oily fatty fried foods that makes your mouth water with just a glance at time.  He would eat sometimes, that's explain the junk collection in his refrigerator.

 

"Haha Your mother is very scary" he heard Hyoan laugh. He was so embarrassed at the moment. The image that he showed her was a waste. His parents especially his mother ruined it. 

 

"You look so cute though" Joongki hide his embarrassment this time and mutter "get out" 

 

"I've decided" Mrs.Song takes a seat beside Joongki after stuffing and arranging healthy food for him. 

 

Joongki stop glaring Hyoan and divert his attention to his mother. 

 

" You need to get married soon" 

 

Joongki jaw dropped, his eyes widen, he didn't see this coming.  What?  His mind shriek in panic. Ideas to pursue his stubborn mother started weaving in his mind. He just get the title of most "Success handsome bachelor" he can't get married, not now. After all he yet need to find the right one. 

"Mom, I know you are worried about me but don't you think it's a bit early and beside I didn't find the right one" Joongki speak out his mind. 

"That's why I want you to go to a mind"

"Mom you know I hate date especially when it's going to be a blind one"

"Dear you know her, she's your aunt Aeri's daughter"

Mr.Song sit on the dining table quitely listening to mother son conversation. He was amused both party were surprisingly very calm. He notice them trying to pursue each other. His wife didn’t yell or shout at Joongki, when he know by now Joongki might have get beaten by his wife for not agreeing to her. 

"Just once dear then I won't forget force you again"

But Joongki better know his mother, once he agree, then there's going to be next date and the next,  until he find someone of his liking or his mother liking. In short agreeing to his mother isn't a good idea. Joongki send a help message to his father and no surprise his father turn around acting as if he didn't saw his plead.

"Okay, just once" Joongki saw the smile spreading across his mother face. 

 

°°°°°°

 

 

After seeing the sight of Joongki family reunion, Hyoan can't help but to tear up, she can't deny the burning sensation in her heart. As times passes she can't stand the sight of the Song family and the next thing she knew she was out of the house. 

 

It was pouring heavily, Hyoan stretch her hand to feel the droplets but it passes through her hands. She was depressed, she can’t feel the rain not even the person she long for. 

 

Why me?

 

She mindlessly walked out in the rain. 

 

She followed the lead to wherever it takes, after few hours of wandering she sat down on the footpath and watch the vehicle zooming in and out of her sight. She leaned down on her knees, her hands holding her knees tightly. She was tired of everything. 

 

Baekhyun! 

 

Hyoan felt like he was near, she stood up and look around here and there her eyes searches him in the sea of people among the passing vehicle. 

 

When her eyes spot him, she couldn't content herself her legs was moving already. She walked pass the moving vehicle and reach the other side of the road. 

 

She take a deep breath, if she wasn't dead her heart would have been racing fast by now, her lips curve into a smile reaching her eyes. 

 

Like a hanging picture she only looked at Baekhyun who was busy instructing his driver. 

 

He seems very pale, the dark circles under was very obvious, he was frowning alot. 

 

You look unhealthy you should take care of yourself now that I'm not by your side

 

Hyoan didn’t like it, her hand reached for him but only to stretched it back. 

Baekhyun felt a gush of wind hitting his face, he looked around himself

 

Strange

 

Her hand did reached for him even after knowing the fact that she can't touch him. Her tears soon fell from her eyes. She slowly followed him, her eyes was longing for him, she misses him very much, his smile, his warm embrace that always makes her feel secure. Everything about him was amazing for her. 

 

I'm going to spend the day with you

 

Hyoan wiped her tears and smile. She just sit across in the table and watched Baekhyun do his work. 

 

Placing the last plate on the self Joongki heave a sigh of relief, the kitchen chore was over. While wiping his hands on the towel he went to watch the tv. 

 

The house felt extremely silence, except of the sound of tv. 

 

Then he realise the ghost was missing, he hadn't seen her after she left during his scolding. 

 

Where is she? 

 

To answer his questions he saw Hyoan walking lifelessly, it's another thing that she doesn't have life in her, her mood was extremely down. 

 

Joongki didn't fail to notice the obvious tears in her eyes. He could have swear that if she wasn't a ghost she would have walk into those wall that came in between. 

 

It wasn't usual for Joongki to witness her crying, the last time he remember her crying was when she begged him to let her stay. 

 

Feeling a little worried he decided to asked her 

 

"Oye! Hey you ghost" after the second called Hyoan stopped walking and turned around

 

"Is everything all right?" her tears told the contrary but Joongki found those words as the right one to speak

 

After hearing his question Hyoan let out a scoffed

 

"I've  a name you know, I am a ghost but it doesn't mean you need to remind me all the time, I do have feelings" Joongki was ashamed of himself, she was right, he could've asked her name even though he wasn't interested in her story, may be little

 

"Tell Joongki-ssi would you trade your place with mine" Before Joonki could answer Hyoan beat him "When I want to die I can't even die because I am already dead everything is so frustrating"

 

"Everything I belive was a lie, I waited for h-him" Hyoan was struggling with her words, she even choked "the person I love the most betray me, I don't even know how I die, what happen to me in this house. I was afraid to leave this house  even for a second. What if I miss him if he visit?" Joongki was never a good listener but he stayed rooted in his place listening to her tale

 

"He never visit, he sold this house to you, he doesn't cherished our memory, I guess he is happy that I died" 

 

"Now tell me do I look fine" wiping her tears away Hyoan went through the near wall.

 

He Baekhyun?


 

AN: It's been a while guys, isn't it? To fill up for those long days I decided to update 'Her Whisper" every Thursday, I already have the ending just wait for the turns of event. I hope I won't dissapoint you.

I'm still cultivating my writing skills  and hence your comments are gold for me, so do comment aand tell me what you think about this story