Bounded hands (EH)

The Flared Up Demons

My head started spinning a little bit when Donghae brought me up on my legs. I didn´t even realise how much blood I´ve lost, when I was writing the message to Donghae. I know it would have been wiser to just call him but I didn´t trust my voice at that moment. I´m still confused why I even did that. Why call him when I´ve always dealt with Eunhyuk myself for so many years? Maybe I got finally tired or simply reached my limit. Would the brunette mind if I asked him for help? Would he turn his back on me? Better find out now before I get my hopes up. It was my chance either to gain an ally or detach myself from the boy.

"Don´t apologise, of course I would help you, idiot. But Hyukjae, who is Eunhyuk?" Donghae asked in the end. It´s now or never, Hyukjae, I thought.

"Monster. He´s a monster, Donghae." I said simply, letting the boy take in the information. Of course he wouldn´t think of a real monster but maybe at least he could come up with a theory that would fit the situation.

"Monster? What do you mean? Is that Eunhyuk guy hurting you?" Donghae questioned while cleaning my wounds. He carefully took out all the glass shards stabbed in my hands. He was very gentle and focused on his task and I felt almost bad for telling him about my sad reality. Or was is rather a sad fiction? No, it´s not a fiction because the pain is completely real. I bit my lip to hold back the tears which were about to come out thanks to my, indeed, very positive thinking.

"Where´s the first aid?" Donghae didn´t force me to answer his questions about my monster. My condition as always seemed more important to him than his insatiable curiosity.

"The whole cabinet next to you," I answered nodding at the corner of my bathroom. I always stack lots of medicaments and bandages there. I´m sure, you´ve already noticed that I tend to hurt myself a lot. And if my own clumsiness wasn´t enough then there´s Eunhyuk, who never hesitates to assist me.

"Whoa! That´s a lot!" Donghae exclaimed opening the cabinet. "I´m sure you open this more often than your fridge," he laughed a bit. I rolled my eyes and let him continue with the treatment. He cleaned and disinfected my hands and then put some white bandages on them. It didn´t even hurt with the care he put into his movements.

"Thanks," I whispered when he was finished. I expected him to go home now but he had apparently different plans.

"No problem! Now go and try to change into some clean clothes. I´m not your babysitter to dress you up personally but I don´t want to see you all bloody either. I´ll make us something to eat in the meantime, once I manage to find your kitchen," Donghae told me and his heel. He was gone before I could even open my mouth. Great, now what? Blank. Well, I should really put on something better. I give up, it´s way easier to blindly listen to whatever that punk says than work my brain with all the complicated stuff that keeps coming into my life.

I was careful not to destroy Donghae´s work and put on my blue pyjama pants, fluffy socks and my favourite white sweater. It was a huge sweater and comfortable to wear even without any undershirt. Dressed properly I walked into the kitchen which already smelled of something delicious. Since when did I look forward the food, huh?

"Ah, you´re here. Everything okay?" Donghae asked me with a spatula in his hand. He looked nice standing there wearing an apron, I wasn´t even aware we had here. I hummed in agreement to his question and sat on a bar stool behind the counter. "Good, now mind telling me how did you manage to hurt yourself like that?" The brunette said in more serious tone while going back to his cooking.

"Uh, I broke this one glass vase and then I somehow fell down, when I tried to clean it. At least I put my hands first so I got wounded only there, heh," I looked down on the hands in my lap in embarrassment. I sound like the worst klutz, when I omit Eunhyuk from the story. The monster hid itself into the vase! It wasn´t fair!

"Aren´t you an idiot? At least you had some sense to call me this time," Donghae sighed and brought a pan onto the counter. It was an omelette with potatoes and sausages decorated with ketchup. A masterpiece I would say. I´m not used to home cooked meals so a simple omelette seems like a miracle to me.

"Wow, you really made this?" I said dumbly, my eyes never leaving the pan.

Donghae must have been looking at me as if I was the biggest douchebag because he said in a mocking voice: "It´s just an omelette. How long has it been since you´ve seen this pan hot, huh?" He laughed. It was meant as a joke but in my trance I didn´t notice that and answered truthfully.

"About ten years I would say." It was suddenly quiet and it made me raise my head at last. Donghae wasn´t amused anymore.

"Ten years? Hyukjae, your mother doesn´t cook?" He watched me with a stare that banned any attempts to lie. I bit my lip again and shook my head. Damn it.

"Really, now I know that I must feed you myself or you would only eat sweets," the cook sighed and handed me a fork. I took it obediently with my shaky fingers and dug into the omelette. It was really delicious, I didn´t expect it to taste so well.

"I do eat different things but you´re right that sweets are my favourite. This is very good, though," I told him while chewing the food. Donghae looked very delighted by my praise. Maybe he was happier because he guessed my habits perfectly. If I´m not careful enough, he might find out lots of things about me. Now that I think about it, should I be rather careless then?

We ate the omelette in silence, not wanting to break the long needed peace that took place in this house. I ate about one fourth of the pan leaving Donghae the rest. The boy seemed hungrier anyway. To my chagrin my hands started to hurt right before the dessert serving. But Donghae already thought of that and found some lollipops in the pantry so I wouldn´t have to use my hands. I was given the strawberry flavoured one of course and Donghae even unwrapped it for me. I felt like a small child but honestly it was the best feeling ever!

After the dinner we went back to my room to watch a movie. It was already decided in a silent agreement that Donghae would stay the night. I sat on the sofa and Donghae went to uncover the TV. I always put a white cloth on it so the shiny surface wouldn´t be seen. I don´t need to say why, right? An action movie was running on one of the channels and we decided to watch it. We were sitting next to each other quietly with the lollipops in mouth, until Donghae spoke up again.

"Eunhyuk," he began cautiously, "is the same guy you were yelling at the first time we met in the park?" I widened my eyes and looked at him with disbelief. How does he know? How the hell did he put that together? There´s no way he could guess just from the hints he had. But it´s not like anyone could tell him. No one knows about Eunhyuk, absolutely no one. Impossible.

"H-How..," was the only thing I managed to say.

"So I was right. To tell the truth, it was just a wild guess but it appears that I was right," Donghae bit his lollipop hard and munched the broken pieces of the chocolate flavoured sweet. "But there´s much more to it, isn´t there?" He then added.

What am I supposed to say now? The truth? That instead of a pet I own an impossibly scary monster with silver skin and black teeth that keeps ing with my life? No way have I told him the truth because he would run away. Not because he would believe me, but because he would think that I´m a wacko. I definitely shouldn´t tell him about the monster. I took a deep breath and decided to shamelessly lie to the boy.

"No, that´s all. I´m pretty clumsy and when I get hurt I swear randomly like that. I use the name Eunhyuk so I wouldn´t curse at people around," I looked away ashamed of myself.

"So you won´t tell me? You know, I would listen," Donghae didn´t even consider my lie and continued to persuade me.

"Sometimes it´s better not to know, Donghae," I laid my body down so my head could rest on the cushion and put my legs up on the sofa. I curled into a ball because I didn´t want to take up all the space.

"Are you sure? Because to me it looks like you are about to go crazy here alone," he said in a serious but still gentle tone. Then he took my awkwardly tucked legs and straightened them to put them on his lap. The move made me turn to lie on my back, unable to hide from Donghae´s strict stare.

"It´s complicated and crazy," I said in a quiet voice almost inaudible with the TV playing in the background.

"You can tell me only a little bit, just the amount you are comfortable with. I won´t force you, I just feel like I should help you out because there´s no else to do so," Donghae started playing with my fluffy socks.

"I don´t want your pity. That I´m alone doesn´t mean you need to automatically take care of me," I felt offended and somehow sad. Donghae wasn´t here because he liked me as a person or wanted to be friends. He just had the urge to save a pitiful lonely guy.

"Aw, sorry," Donghae exclaimed and I wasn´t sure, if it was a reaction to my statement or to the fact that he accidentally pulled off my sock. "Your toes are pretty hairy, it´s funny. Anyway, aren´t we friends? Friends do tell each other about their problems, right?" He then added and just like many times before ignored whatever I had said. Does he even listen to me? Wait, since when are we friends?

"I have manly legs, of course they would be hairy, ," I simply answered not wanting to think of anything complicated like, if he really meant what he said or if he feels only pity towards me.

"Manly my . You´re too skinny to be called a real man," Donghae laughed at me and I wanted to say something nasty back when a screeching noise echoed through the room. It must have been Eunhyuk´s doing because Donghae apparently didn´t hear anything. My eyes started darting around to localise the monster. Another screech and I was already becoming nervous, my body trembling, my complexion getting paler. I didn´t know what he was planning and I was sure that Donghae´s presence made him mad. I was scared that Eunhyuk would push me into a panic mode and the brunette would witness me once again in my worse state. That´s most likely Eunhyuk´s goal anyway.

"Hey, it was just a joke. Calm down, Hyukjae," Donghae woke me up from my nervous breakdown. I sat up with my legs still on his lap, my right foot bare.

"M-Maybe you could g-go home?" I stuttered, my eyes still searching the room.

"What´s wrong? I want to stay, you are in no state to be left alone," Donghae stubbornly refused and pulled down the second sock from my foot. Childish brat. But whatever I do, he won´t leave. What should I do now? I whined and wanted to pull my hair but when I tried, pain rushed through my fingers as if hundreds of needles were stabbed into them. I yelped.

", what are doing, idiot!" Donghae yelled and caught me by my wrists. "Did you forget about your hands?! And stop pulling your hair or you´ll become bald," the brunette scolded. I hang my head. Tears were about to come out because I felt so useless when Donghae was here and Eunhyuk kept screeching. I just wanted to crawl into my bed and cry myself to sleep like a pitiful excuse of a human I was.

"Hyukjae?" Donghae then whispered but I didn´t raise my head. "I think, you should tell me what´s wrong so I can help you. Just a small part so I know what I am fighting against." Strange how this guy always hits the spot. Does he have some sort of radar or maybe he has a book ´How to read Lee Hyukjae for beginners´ somewhere at home. I was still trapped in an awkward position with my bare feet on his lap and my wrists tied with his strong hands. So I took a deep breath and finally spoke up.

"Eunhyuk is a monster that really loves to tease me, or more like torture me, every single day. I know it sounds crazy and I´m not even sure, if he really does exist but it´s my reality and so I can´t run away from it. I don´t talk to people because I´m afraid they would find out. I don´t sleep much because Eunhyuk keeps me awake. And I don´t eat because he makes me lose my appetite. When we´re at it, it wasn´t your fault that I threw up last time by the way. Eunhyuk did something really disgusting and I had no choice but to…well. Sorry."

I finished my messy and confusing speech not knowing how to continue after the side story about our little adventure with the cupcake. And I didn´t dare to look at the boy that still had my body trapped in his hands either. What I said could make him ran away from this house and never return back. I just announced that I´m a madman, a psycho. , I shouldn´t have texted him in the first place. Now I ruined everything. Donghae won´t ever come and feed me like a baby. He won´t even appear in my dreams again and we won´t watch the sky together. I clenched my teeth in order to hold back my tears. I can´t cry right now, it would make me look even more pathetic and make Eunhyuk happy. I merely waited for Donghae to reveal his judgement.

"So this Eunhyuk is doing something to you right now?" Was the first thing he asked. I snapped my head in shock and looked into his chocolate eyes. He was being sincere, no mockery or disgust was apparent from his serious but handsome face.

"Yeah, he keeps screaming so it´s hard to hear what you say. The sound is pretty annoying but I´m more concerned about what he´s planning for tonight. He doesn´t like you," I talked with my eyes never leaving his.

"I see, so that´s why you seem to be always in a problem when we meet," Donghae laughed a bit. And I had no choice but to follow his example. I felt suddenly so happy and safe with Donghae by my side. With Donghae, who wasn´t scared, who tried to understand, who wasn´t repelled by me and who decided to stay. My lips stretched more than ever, more than they should for a smile to look nice but I didn´t care. I couldn´t hear Eunyhuk anymore, I couldn´t see my lips revealing my gums and I also didn´t notice Donghae´s heart skip a beat.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

____________________

Waaah! I´m back. Too much work at school and part-time.. The time has slowed down a bit in the story, I wanted the moment Donghae finds out to be more detailed. Is everything alright with the story? My head´s kinda a mess these days so it´s possible that I made a mistake somewhere. Well, thanks for reading of course! :)

´Swing´ is a killer (eunhyuk´s confident English and Chinese rap parts..awww) but I like to listen to the ´Mr, Mr´ album too, it´s good. :) Random SJ stuff: Heechul: When I was MC for Gayo Daejun, Baekhyun was behind me and said I was really handsome when I threw the script away.
Baekhyun: too handsome!
Ryeowook: when did you throw the script?
Baekhyun: not lying, he only saw the script for 3 seconds, read it once and improvised the rest!
Heechul: Yes, but the PD at the side said something terrible has happened
ㅋㅋㅋㅋ