Outstretched arm (DH)

The Flared Up Demons

 

I threw my arm as fast and as strong as I could. My clenched fist collided with my schoolmate´s nose and I saw his nose turn to the side in slow motion. But I didn´t have time to observe the red line that started running down from it because I had another guy behind my back, trying to reach me with his own fist. Always underrating me, I see. I turned around rapidly, caught his arm between my hands and spun it painfully behind his back. Tortured scream didn´t stop me from adding a kick to his back and letting the heavy body fall hard to the ground.

Standing up I looked at the scene and smirked. Four guys, my schoolmates, were crouching in front of me groaning and cursing. Suits them well! No one messes with Lee Donghae. I like picking fights but what I love more is being challenged and that´s the mistake these poor souls made. Just like many before they thought, they actually stood a chance against me and decided to attack me in this park not far from the school. As you see, it was a stupid idea and I´m sure I won´t hear about them for some time now. Not that I would remember their names or class anyway, the only proof of being my schoolmates are their uniforms which are identical to the one I´m wearing right now. The difference, though, is the dirty, torn and dishevelled state of theirs.

I sighed and decided to leave the place before some righteous adults decide to take pity on the stupid kids and call the police on me. And I´m not so eager to see all those now too familiar faces from the local police station. Without sparing my "victims" a single glance, I continued walking back home.

When I arrived the house was as noisy as ever. My dad was watching the TV in the living room and my little brother Jonghyun was playing with cars under his outstretched legs. Dad didn´t notice me coming back unlike my mom, who greeted me with her loud voice from the kitchen. I grumbled an answer and went upstairs already hearing some screams coming from that direction. And as expected my two sisters were fighting over some stupidity, I´m sure it was. Yuri was yelling nonsense at Amber who decided to counter her by covering her ears and singing as loudly as she could. The best option for me was to quietly sneak around the scene and disappear into my room.

I closed the door behind me, muting the sounds coming from the other side. I felt lucky to have my room just for myself. Jonghyun and I were supposed to share it, but the kid is still too small and so he sleeps in my parents´ bedroom. I heaved a big sigh and went to sprawl myself on my messy bed. Yes, my room is a mess but that´s how a teenage boy´s room should look like, shouldn´t it?

I looked at the ceiling thinking about what I should do now. It was still early and I didn´t plan to do my homework or study. I´m too cool to cram, get it? I heard some banging and knew that the fight in the hallway became wilder. I need to get out of here before I begin to get annoyed and end up joining the war behind my doors. I changed out of my uniform into more comfortable clothes. I put on a jacket and stuffed my pockets with a pack of cigarettes and a lighter. I checked myself in the big mirror in the corner and just like that ran out of the house. Not before making a pit-stop in the kitchen to grab something to eat of course.

With my mouth full of meat bun I slowly walked into the dark park near my house hoping to get a long and quiet smoke. When I arrived there, the bun was already gone. I sat on a bench further from the entrance and pulled the pack and the lighter out of my pocket. I lit the cigarette and inhaled the smoke. With a strong exhale I let out all the stress, tiredness left my body. I relaxed on the bench, reclined my head to the back and closed my eyes.

Only steady movement to bring the cigarette to my lips and then back down kept me from falling asleep. I didn´t want to think of anything. I didn´t want to think of the guys I beat up today, my noisy home, annoying school or how less I had friends compared to others. You might think I don´t have any at all with my attitude but that´s not true. I still manage to keep some people around me. Well, they are more or less my gang or at least followers. We rarely do something really dangerous or serious. Do you count pick-pocketing, fighting or kicking lonely trash cans on the street as heavy crimes? We do not. That´s as far as we go, not because I don´t have the guts to do more but I´m not as stupid as I look. I don´t want to ruin my future of a successful boss. I´ll always be the boss, heh.

Suddenly I was disturbed from my thoughts by a sudden scream. Startled I quickly snapped my head but then hissed when I noticed that I dropped the unfinished cigarette. . I wanted to light a new one when I heard the scream again. This time it was more like someone was swearing and it was coming from the deeper part of the park. Maybe someone´s in danger? A robbery? Better not to meddle in these things.

As much as wanted to avoid what was going on in the small forest behind me I couldn´t help being curious at the same time. Another yell was heard and this time I turned around to catch a glimpse of the person yelling. He was close but it was already becoming late and I couldn´t see through the dark and the shadows. I gripped the side of the wooden bench hard to hold myself back from getting up and satisfying my curiosity by throwing myself into some kind of definite danger. But the next shout sounded more like a desperate cry and that was too much. Someone needs help.

Like an idiot I sprang up and ran towards the little forest. As I was getting closer, the screams were becoming clearer, louder and this time I was sure the person was crying.

"ing leave me alone today! I´m tired already! Get lost!" Desperate voice cried.

I made my way through the fallen branches and wide trunks before I ended up in front of a person. I opened my eyes widely and looked at the stranger. A boy around my age with soft red strands was crouched on the ground with his long fingers pulling on his hair painfully. Violent sobs were escaping from the fragile body that was holding itself up only on his knees of the thin legs. I couldn´t see his face and for some strange reason I was eager to find out how the boy looked like.

He still hasn´t noticed me, not until I came closer and put my hand on his shoulder. He got startled and abruptly raised his head. The sudden movement and maybe even natural clumsiness of the boy caused him to fall back flat on his . He looked at me with wide almond-shaped chocolate eyes and I heard him inhale sharply with his mouth rounded by red plump lips. His skin was as white as a porcelain but his high cheek bones and the flesh around his single-lidded eyes was red and wet from all the crying. How can this mess-like person still look so stunningly beautiful? As if he came from another world.

The shocked face on the boy didn´t show for too long before his eyebrows knitted together and his lips turned into a snarl. His eyes weren´t scared and vulnerable anymore, they turned sharp and cold. He picked himself up from the ground ignoring my outstretched arm. Brushing the dirt out of his incredibly skinny jeans, the stranger straightened up and looked at me annoyed.

"What do you want?" His voice came out rough.

"No need to be so harsh. Heard you scream so I came to check," I returned in a voice equally rude. Here I came to the rescue and he talks to me like this? Would it hurt to be a bit more polite, huh?

"Fine, you have checked it already," the boy brushed through his matted hair and without any goodbye turned around and started walking away.

"That´s all?! !" I yelled after him completely pissed. I wanted to do a good deed, even risked my life by coming into the dark forest to help a damsel in distress and this happened. Can´t he show any gratitude? I was so angry. Good I had more cigarettes left to calm myself down.

The rest of the evening I spent by smoking in the park and then went straight home to rest. Lying on my bed I couldn´t fall asleep. I kept thinking about what happened in the park earlier, about the boy who made me a complete fool. I wanted to kill that insolent brat but something inside me was against the idea. Specifically it was that beautiful face contorted by pain and fear. I don´t know why the boy was crying so desperately and I´m probably never going to find out anyway. What a pity.

 

___________

The next day I woke up even more annoyed than usual. I was almost surprised to find myself at school later, I should have skipped today. My body totally screamed "annoyed" and "didn´t sleep well" so nobody dared to even come closer to me. Everyone was avoiding me on the hallway, surprisingly even the teachers. Normally I would be pleased by such an effect but today I just decided to be grumpy and sulking.

I lazily walked in the direction of my class when I saw someone run out of the toilets on the other side of the hallway. I would let the panicked boy slip from my view easily, if I hadn´t caught the colour of his hair. Red. I raised my head and focused more on the guy running through the hallway towards me. Pale skin, almond shaped eyes and skinny body. It´s him! The freak from the forest!

The redhead was about to pass me in his hurry but I decided it won´t happen. I was still pretty angry and he ruined my evening and apparently even my good night´s sleep. So when I felt him brush slightly against me I stretched my arm and caught him by the hanging loop of his backpack. His body violently jerked backwards and I found myself holding his body in the air for a few seconds. Why is he so light?

"What the !" I heard him curse when he fell hard on the floor. The redhead was once again sitting on his flat on the ground in front of me.

"Hey," I called to gain his attention and when he looked up at me with pure anger in his chocolate eyes, I couldn´t help but smirk. I outstretched my arm again for him.

"You again? What do you want, Donghae?" He asked me but it was apparent that my answer didn´t interest him even a little bit because he just started collecting his limbs from the cold floor, prepared to ignore me again. But this time I simply gripped his arm and pulled him up. Was it a muscle I just felt? I didn´t have time to check because he pulled his arm back fast.

"I see you know who I am," I started. It´s not surprising, everyone knows me, hehe. "But I don´t remember ever seeing you here honestly."

The redhead just sighed: "We´re the same year, idiot, and I don´t see a reason why you should remember me anyway. Just off, I´m in a hurry." I was totally flabbergasted. Did he just insult me? He dared? I´m sure he knows who I am, so he must be insane to do it.

"Who do you think you are, talking to me this way?" I spat absolutely pissed off. I should teach him some manners.

Students started crowding around us, curiously watching the scene. I knew I was a celebrity, that was certain, what I didn´t know, though, was that the redhead in front of me was equally famous. If I paid any attention to the things that didn´t only concern my person, I would have surely heard about the boy. And that´s why I was left speechless after the boy´s answer to my thread.

"Who I am? I´m Hyukjae. Now shut the up because I´m leaving," the skinny guy, Hyukjae, retorted before he turned on his heel and disappeared in the crowd.

I tightened my fist and hit the first person that came into my view. I wasn´t even sorry, I was pissed beyond belief. Just you wait Hyukjae, I´ll make sure that pretty face of yours will never show up in the same shape in front of me! You´ll see how the real devil looks like!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

_________________________

 

So how is it? :) Someone interested in reading this thing? Should I continue maybe?

I think I like adding random info about suju behind my stories so I´ll continue again, if you don´t mind:

Eunhyuk: When we just debuted, the manager still didn’t know me that well. If we were to go out and eat as a group, and eat raw fish or seafood, I would eat unwillingly. I lost my temper at the manager, so now, whenever we go and have our meals, he would take care of me, and not go to places that I do not like. The members are also like that, I’m touched to death.
Leeteuk: You’re in the wrong. But honestly, you’re really an extremely picky eater.
Eunhyuk: If I’m not able to eat it, I’m in the wrong? I’m also trying hard.
Leeteuk: In future, what would happen when you get married?
Eunhyuk: I’ll find and marry someone who will be able to understand me.