Won marathon (EH)

The Flared Up Demons

 

 

Just like any other day, the sun set and the moon came out instead. I decided not to bother my mind with the solar system as I was running through the park, not far from my house. It was already quite late at night but I didn´t care. I didn´t have any curfew and it was Friday so no school tomorrow. I let my body disappear into the darkness in that abandoned place. And for your information, I wasn´t scared at all. There´s nothing in this world that could scare me, though, it´s different when it comes to the things from other worlds.

I heard footsteps coming closer from behind and started running faster. Not tonight, I didn´t want to be caught tonight! The sweat had already wetted my clothes and made my red hair stick to my skull. I forced myself to move faster, my feet to bounce stronger, my legs to stretch longer. I was sprinting really fast by now, not anyone would be able to catch up to me by now. But the one chasing me wasn´t just anyone. When my ears caught the sound of his heavy breathing, the sound started echoing in my head and shivers ran down my spine. He was close!

I heaved a pained cry and one more time decided to exceed the limits of my body. I closed my eyes tightly and bit my lower lip to counter the pain coming from my muscles. Tears were streaming down my cheeks and I knew, this was the most I could do. The strength was slowly leaving me and I was already slowing down. My legs were weakening, moving in uneven pace. I felt my body tremble and I was awaiting my collapse. That way I wouldn´t have to endure the tormenting anymore.

"Hyukjae?" I abruptly opened my eyes. To my surprise I saw Lee Donghae standing not far from me, smoking a cigarette. I was still on the run but the state of my body rapidly deteriorated. A cowardly and selfish idea came across my mind and my brain, light from the exercise, didn´t even have the chance to protest.

I changed my direction to the brown haired boy. I felt someone tug on my sweatshirt, glued with sweat to my back, but I ignored it and with the last breath forced myself to finish my race as the winner. I made a few more long steps before stopping right in front of the curious brunette. I bet he didn´t expect to see me here and I´m pretty sure he didn´t think, I would run to him. But I stepped as close to him as I could to a stranger and discreetly looked behind me. Nothing. I was safe. I ing outran that bastard today!

I breathed out the breath I was holding but unexpectedly that led to an extreme coughing fit. Stupid Hyukjae, how can you not breathe after you had just finished a marathon? And as if it wasn´t enough, my legs decided, that after all the work they´ve done tonight, they didn´t want to tolerate any more shaking, and so they just gave away. I slumped to the ground with a loud thud, my knees hitting the hard concrete. I groaned in pain between the coughs.

When my body recovered from the shock and my coughing stopped, I decided to challenge standing again. It was kind of embarrassing kneeling in front of Donghae. Yes, I was grateful, that I met him here but that doesn´t change the fact that he´s a jerk and a thug. I don´t need any more of that. This way of thinking gave me some power and I slowly lifted myself, not forgetting to let out a few humiliating groans.

"Mind to explain, why you decided to commit suicide by jogging yourself to death?" Donghae let out the moment our eyes met. er.

"No," I replied courtly. I didn´t want to start a fight with him now. I was too tired and also a bit thankful.

"What a nice guy you are, really," Donghae continued but I knew I didn´t want to listen to him now. There were only a few hours of this day left and I wanted to spend them more merrily. Like for example by playing or eating my heart out, even if something like that was impossible for me.

So I just rolled my eyes at him and made a step to the left. I wanted to simply leave but I quickly realised that I didn´t have the strength to do so anymore. My knee bent more than it was supposed to and I was sure I would greet the concrete one more time. But the hit never came. I opened my eyes to see what was going on but got utterly surprised the second later. Donghae was supporting my limp body with his strong arms. I was too ashamed to look into his face and instead put my head even lower.

"Wanna hang out at my place tonight?" Came his voice a bit too near. Of course I should decline! But this tiny voice in my head didn´t want to go back home, it didn´t even want to "go" anywhere. And one more time I acted cowardly and selfishly because I nodded in agreement to this insane proposal. I was horrified how easily I agreed but I didn´t have time to take it back.

Donghae simply hummed and then I felt him move. He slowly turned around, with his hand awkwardly but firmly holding my arm, in case I would send myself to the ground again. Then he squatted down and pulled me up on his back. In a practised skill he put his hands under my thighs and secured me before standing up. I put my arms around his neck, careful not to strangle the brunette.

"Gosh, you´re lighter than my sisters," I heard him mumble and then he started walking. I wonder how old his sisters are. We´re going to his house, aren´t we? Is it big? Does he have any pets? How is his family? Would they mind me staying the night there? Is it really okay with Donghae himself?

My head was filling with too many questions that it became dizzy and heavy. Without realising I rested my head in the crook of Donghae´s neck and started zoning out. The smell of shampoo and cigarettes invaded my nose and the unexpected warmth of the body below made my numb torso relax. Before I knew it, I was fast asleep.

 

_______________

I was woken up by loud noises. I sat up on the bed abruptly and panicking started looking around. I wasn´t at home. When I calmed down a bit, I started remembering what had happened. And judging by the mess all around me, I guessed this had to be Donghae´s room.

The room was small but childish light blue coloured walls made it look kind of cosy. I was sitting on a single bed and had a view out of the window on the other side of the room. Under the window was a table filled with all possible stuff except for the school books. I had to laugh at that, Donghae doesn´t seem to ever study after all. Not far from the table stood a huge wardrobe which was opened and it looked as if all the clothes were hurrying to get out of it. A huge mirror was standing in the corner of the room and I shivered. Don't ask me why but I hate mirrors. A small bookshelf was installed next to the bed but the shelves were empty, only a few cans and toys were resting on them. I wondered, if there were any books but my question was soon answered when I looked to the floor. Lots of manga books were holding a fight with emigrating clothes and other stuff. If I thought it was a mess at start, now I wondered, if a natural disaster hadn´t taken place here instead.

Another loud bang saved me from finding out more about this room than I actually wished. I focused on the noises coming from the other side of the doors and tried to identify them. First there must be a baby crying and someone is probably fighting. Girls? Donghae´s sisters? He said he had sisters. Then there were much quieter sounds, probably coming from the kitchen and living room. This house was so lively, completely opposite of my own house. I smiled a bit.

How long was is, since I last smiled? I don´t remember but it must have been a while judging from the awkwardness suddenly enveloping me. I let the corners of my mouth rest again and decided to find Donghae. Checking the time it was still Friday night so I hadn´t slept for too long.

After I managed to avoid the battle taking place on the ground of the small room, I took a hold of the handle and opened the door. The muted noises suddenly came out much stronger than I had expected and not just my hearing but also the other senses had to work harder now. There was a lingering smell of the finished dinner and freshly washed laundry. I also fast localised the crying child in the arms of a tall and stunningly beautiful girl. She was holding the baby and bickered with her younger sister with short hair and overall boyish look.

I decided this chaos was enough for now and retreated back to Donghae´s room. I sat on the bed and felt my muscles relax. They were probably overworked and would ache like hell tomorrow. Great. I felt out of place in the room and didn´t know what to do exactly. But I didn´t want to think about any difficulties and so I let my brain shut down.

I looked around the room one more time and sighed. This won´t do. It´s too messy for a neat freak like me and especially now, when I´m so stressed. Cleaning helps me relieve the stress and so I quickly stood up and began tidying the room up. I started with the clothes because I felt sorry for them the most. It took me only ten minutes to fold all the clean ones and put them back into the wardrobe. The dirty laundry was put into the basket in the corner. Then I placed all the books into the bookshelf, throwing the cans to the trash bin. Next was the bed and then the table and then I realised, what I´ve done. .

And just when I was stressing in the middle of the room, pacing like a madman, Donghae chose that exact moment to come back. He stood there in the door frame with a tray full of snacks completely horrified. He kept looking around and shaking his head. I panicked even more and opted for watching my leopard-socked toes, still awkwardly placed in the middle of the now cleaned room.

I wanted to explain myself, even though I didn´t have any idea how. I just rummaged through his room after all. A complete stranger. I expected him to yell at me, beat me and kick me out of the house unceremoniously.

"I didn´t know I had a blue carpet! Wow, you are incredible, Hyukjae! How did you do that? I thought my room was a lost cause!" Donghae exclaimed amused and put the tray on the now cleaned table. I was shocked.

"Y-You´re not mad?" I mumbled to make sure it wasn´t just an irony from his side.

"Why? This is great! I´ve always wanted to have it clean even at other days beside Christmas and Chuseok." He gave me a smile then. "C´mon, eat some. You must be hungry and even if you aren´t, you should eat. You look like an anchovy, seriously."

"I´m not an anchovy, the only fish-head around is you!" I retorted childishly but still went to take a bite of the sandwich.

Donghae pulled out his laptop and started playing a random movie on it. We both sat on the newly discovered carpet with our backs against the bed and watched the film. It was interesting and I felt like a normal teenager. It was as if my dream has come true. Hanging out at my "friend´s" house, playing around and watching action movies. Donghae was laughing loudly adding more noise to this incredibly lively house. I wanted to laugh too but I was still too stiff and new to this very experience, I only managed a light lift of the corners of my mouth. I was satisfied with the result, though.

The film was more interesting than I had expected it to be. Before I knew it, I absentmindedly ate two sandwiches, chocolate dessert and a bowl of crackers. Will I finally stop surprising myself today? I´ve always loved eating but lately I lost my appetite and eating this much for the dinner was unusual for me. My stomach was grumbling happily and I could almost feel my body regaining its lost strength. Today is a strange day.

Before midnight I was already quite exhausted. The long day at school, the afternoon full of suffering, my sport performance and the new experience at Donghae´s house took its toll on me. I wanted to sleep but I didn´t know, how to ask the brunette. Would he send me home or can I really stay the night? I yawned discreetly but Donghae still must have noticed because he started putting away the dishes.

"Let´s go to sleep, you look like a zombie," he said while turning his head around in search of something.

"The futon and the pillows are on the wardrobe, I made a space for them there," I ignored the "zombie" remark to inform him about the new system in his own room. He just groaned and tiptoed to put down my bedding.

Once everything was prepared, Donghae switched off the lights and went to his bed. I lied down on the floor next to him quietly, glad that I decided to tidy the room. I heard him mumble something similar to a "g´night" and just a few minutes after, he was already asleep and gently snoring. It was cute and I felt homey and welcome in this completely foreign house. In the end my day turned out way better, than I had imagined.

I sighed in contentment and looked at the digital clock on the nightstand. I bit my lip and before the day ended, before the time showed midnight, I whispered to myself just in time before it ends: "Happy birthday, Hyukjae."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

________________________________

 

 

Oh my God! Already subscribers and up votes? Don´t you trust me a bit too much, huh? :D Anyway thanks for your support and I hope, I won´t disappoint you guys :)

I was laughing so hard when Henry solved the riddle in Real Men! And the teaser for SJ-M is just totally hilarious. Henry´s expressions, Hyukjae "the brain" and Siwon derping. It´s gonna be great! :D And here´s some random SJ stuff:

RW: As for us, if we fought with a member… Then when people request us for signatures, we put a dot over the member (who they fought w/)’s main picture. Or inside it. The funniest place is next to the nose kkkkkk we have done that before, and if you go to our company, there are posters lined up. There are dots on there too~ on members we’ve fought with hehe