Bright goodbye (EH)

The Flared Up Demons

I am dead. Eunhyuk had finally succeeded in killing me. Now I can rest in peace and I don´t need to suffer anymore. The only thing that pains me is the fact that I won´t be ever able to see Lee Donghae again. I´ve become very fond of the brunette in the past month. Donghae did all his best to help me out as much as he could. Patching my wounds every single time I managed to lose to my personal monster or just simply hugging me whenever I felt down. And since I´m already dead, I can admit it to you all. I fell for him. I fell for Donghae so hard that I don´t think I would be ever able to get up again. I´m actually happy, that my last moments on Earth were spent with the boy. And we kissed too! Sigh.

You would say that I must be pretty much alive since I´m still thinking, but that can´t be true. The blinding whiteness all around me is the proof that I´ve gone to the other world. No sound, no smell, nothing but light. The peacefulness of my soul also indicated my end.

“Hyukjae,” a deep, all too familiar voice, broke the silence of the heaven.

“Eunhyuk? You are here with me?” I tried my bad luck. And I was lucky.

“Yeah. I came to show you something, my Hyukjae,” Eunhyuk said and suddenly the whiteness was disturbed by a picture of my very own memory. The only difference was that I could watch the scene from afar and didn´t have to live the past of the ten year-old boy again.

It was a memory from seven years ago. I went with my parents to the mountains on holidays. It was kinda fun, if we take away my parents´ usual stand-offish attitude towards me. The rented house beside the lake was beautiful and comfortable, even if it was a bit too far from civilisation. I watched myself falling asleep in the garden while my parents started packing our things. It was the last day of our holidays and I got tired from waiting for them. When I woke up though, they were already gone! The thin black haired boy started crying and calling for his forgetful parents. What happened was unforgivable. They left a boy in the forest alone for two nights until they finally noticed his absence. I on the other hand was already delirious from hunger and all the crying he did for the past three days. I saw my parents apologise to me but then I noticed something else, something I hadn´t noticed that day.

While little Hyukjae was being paid attention to for the first time, something was watching him. It was a silver monster but it didn´t really look like Eunhyuk. It indeed was silver and had blank black eyes and sharp teeth, but it had a form of an animal with four legs and short tale. The beast kept grumbling for a while and then suddenly his body started morphing. He stood up on two legs; black hair appeared on his skull while his face gained a sharp jawline and almond eyes. It was ten-year old Eunhyuk, the one I met for the first time that day. And then the memory vanished and I had to cover my eyes from the blinding light that returned.

But I wasn´t in the room alone anymore. Eunhyuk was standing in front of me with a strange expression on his face.

“You see, Hyukjae?” He started in a quiet voice that was so different from his usual one. “I know, what you have been thinking all this time. You thought that I was your dark side, your evil alter ego,” I nodded. I really believed that Eunhyuk was my own darkness, my very own soul that was tainted. I felt like my parents hated me because I was the devil´s child, ugly and disgusting. Wasn´t this the truth?

“But I´m not you, Hyukjae. I´m actually a demon that decided to possess you. You were so weak and vulnerable, so easy to control and hurt. I knew that with parents like this you must already be a pretty wounded child. And that´s why I used you. I fed you with harsh words and lies; I kept abusing your body and soul so you would never be able to leave me. And you believed me, hehe.” Eunhyuk let out a small laugh but it wasn´t a mocker, it was rather an awkward try of a smile. Eunhyuk was sad.

“Why are you sad? Because we´re dead?” I asked him and started walking closer to the monster.

“You really are an idiot, Hyukjae. You should be angry at me or desperate or anything, but you care why I am sad?” Sigh. I stopped only about a meter away from him and looked into his dull eyes. A black tear escaped the corner of that almond shaped eye and slid down from his high cheekbone.

“I´m letting you live, Hyukjae. I don´t want to live off of your fear anymore. I´d rather die than feed myself on your innocent soul. Why didn´t you become dirty and ugly? Why did you have to grow up into a pure and nice guy, huh?” Another awkward laugh and another black tear. I was crying too.

“Go, Hyukjae. Forget about me and forget about your parents,” Eunhyuk said and shoved me harshly.

“Eunhyuk!” I screamed after the only person that bothered himself to stay with me during my lonely life. Yes, Eunhyuk was my abuser and murderer but also my teacher and friend. What should I do now? Dead and alone, isn´t it too much to take?

“, Hyukjae! Wake up, Donghae´s waiting!” Eunhyuk yelled at me for the last time with his usual harsh voice and dark aura. I shivered but then it stuck me. I´m not dead? Eunhyuk is setting me free?

Cough. Cough.

Pain. My throat and lungs were burning like crazy. I kept coughing and with every spasm, my body gave out an excruciating pain. , I really must be alive!

“Hyuk! Hyukjae!”

Someone called me but I couldn´t really hear the voice. I tried very hard to calm down and ease the burning of my throat. I breathed in and out slowly and finally felt my lungs fill with air. It was time to open my eyes. The light hit me and I had to blink a few times to get rid of the tears that appeared in them. Am I still in heaven?

“Hyukkie! Oh my God, are alright?” Donghae´s voice made me turn my head in his direction.

The brunette was sitting next to my bed, holding my hand in his protectively and soothing my nerves with his deep voice. I was alive and Donghae was here too. I couldn´t believe it and started crying again. Was I always such a cry-baby? I tried to open my mouth and say something but only a croak came out instead. Donghae laughed.

“It´s fine, Hyuk. We are in the hospital but they say that once you wake up, you could go home. It´s alright and we will be okay from now on,” Donghae cooed but his eyes were also glittering. I sniffed, sending another light burn to my throat but I didn´t care anymore.

Suddenly the doors of the room opened and revealed a certain gang. I bit my lip seeing Yesung with a plaster on his hand and Kangin being pushed on his wheelchair by Kyuhyun. Ryeowook came too and closed the door behind him. I felt guilty for their injuries but I also felt a bit angry that my assaulters were standing in my room as if nothing happened. Donghae stood up and looked at them with a scowl on his face, he never let go of my hand.

“Why are you here?” the gang leader asked annoyed. I guess they had an argument while I was asleep. That´s to be expected since Donghae found out the truth from me.

“Calm your , Donghae, we came in peace,” Kangin grumbled and let himself be pushed near my bed. “Hyukjae, at first I wanted to punch you but according to Donghae, you had it a lot harder. I don´t think I can forgive you right now because of my pride but I bet we could take you to a party after we´re healed or something.” Kangin´s speech was pretty off and not really what I wanted to hear but he was Donghae´s friend and I wanted to make an effort. I nodded.

“That´s all?” Kangin was hurt by my lack of reaction.

“Yah! Hyukjae can´t speak, you idiot! And what´s with that speech, huh?” Donghae yelled at the injured man. Another fight was about to break out when the guys were interrupted by Yesung.

“We are sorry too.” It was very quiet but everyone heard him speak up. No one said a word afterwards and an uncomfortable silence filled the hospital room.

“Ghmuh.” I tried to lift up the mood and somehow react to Yesung´s apology. Unfortunately my apology came out as a horrible grunt with a cough following. Donghae hurried to pat my back in a calming manner while half of the boys burst out laugh at my embarrassing ´statement´.

“Haha, you know Donghae, I think I like your boyfriend after all!” Kyuhyun suddenly exclaimed making me and Donghae turn into a living strawberry. Neither of us denied thought.

There was no need because I already accepted my feelings. And another thing had changed. Eunhyuk told me, that I wasn´t a bad person. With the rise of my self-esteem, rose my confidence about Donghae´s feelings. The brunette brought me home from the hospital and held me in his arms the whole night. Yes, Donghae loves me just like I love him.

___________________________

 

Three months had passed and we became official. Kids at school were shocked that the greatest freak and the biggest punk became a couple. Another shock was that Donghae placed quite well on the exams, I placed first, heh. The gang quieted down a bit too because Donghae felt ashamed of some things. Apparently, they would sometimes go and steal in shops or beat up a poor guy. I scolded my boyfriend for that and he promised to stop. On the other hand, I found myself skip the school a few times and party during the weekends. We are influences to each other and in time we will blend completely. Well, we had already blended a few times and it felt pretty good, if you were to ask me. I would never want to be separated from the boy.

“Hyukjae! Are you listening?” I jerked up and turned my head to my boyfriend.

Donghae was standing with his hands on his hips and that cute pout on thin lips. I chuckled at the sight and gestured the boy to come closer, which he did. Donghae plopped down next to me on the sofa but the pout didn´t leave his handsome face.

“Sorry, I was deep in thoughts, what were you talking about?” I grinned at him and placed my arms around his neck. I gave him a light peck on his cheek and the pout disappeared from his face.

“I said, I want to go to the university with you,” he announced happily.

“That´s great! Which course?” I tightened my grip and gave him another kiss.

“Economy and Management, you know that I want to be a boss,” the brunette laughed and I joined him. My childish boyfriend is just impossible. “And I´ll make enough money to make you move in with me into an expensive apartment just like this one,” Donghae gestured to our huge white living room.

“Donghae, I would come with you, even if you only had a single room with a table and bed.”

“Or at least the bed, neh?” He wiggled his eyebrows cheekily. I hit his head playfully and we both laughed.

The front doors of my house then opened, revealing my parents. The laughter died down but I didn´t let go of Donghae. It wasn´t the first time they came on us but they stayed quiet.

“Hello,” I said politely but didn´t dare to turn my head towards them. Without Eunhyuk around I lost lots of my courage. I had Donghae to protect me now but sometimes he needed my protection too.

“Hello, Hyukjae,” my father answered politely and looked at us, “Donghae,” he added.

“Good evening, Mr. and Mrs. Lee,” my boyfriend said confidently and even withstood the eye contact with my mother. Father raised his eyebrows and eyed Donghae for a while.

“What is your dream, young man?” He asked Donghae and I bit my lip. It was the first time my parents spoke to him. It was rare for them to even talk to me! I panicked. But there was no need to, because my boyfriend wasn´t one to falter easily. I was going out with a gangster, you know?

“My dream is to marry Hyukjae and for that I need to become a man who is worthy enough his presence.”

My heart skipped a beat and tears blinded my vision. I was officially a cry-baby. A low hum escaped my father´s lips and I finally decided to look at him. He had a delighted smile on his face and my mother was standing next to him with that same smile. What´s going on?

“Then it´s alright. If you ever need my help with something, university or job, ask me anytime,” father said and winked at me. Then my parents turned around and disappeared in their part of the house.

I let out a breath I didn´t even know I was holding and sniffled. Donghae laughed hard and brought me onto his lap. I straddled him and loosened my grip on his neck. The brunette grinned and kissed my nose. Then he kissed my cheek and my forehead, my ear, my neck but not my lips. Such a tease!

“Hae,” I whined. Donghae only chuckled and continued assaulting my face with his little sweet attacks. I usually liked the attention he was giving me but right now I needed to kiss him. I whined once more and let out a fake sniff.

“So cute,” Donghae murmured and claimed my lips at last. It didn´t take long before his tongue joined the game and soon I was a little puddle of goo. Donghae left my lips with a loud smack and smiled at his mess of a boyfriend. When I came back to myself again I brought the boy into a warm hug with an intention of never letting him go.

My life suddenly looked much brighter. I would have never believed I could survive till the day of my freedom, but I did. Eunhyuk was gone and made a space for Donghae. A demon came after another demon but now I think I could live with that. As they say, the opposites attract themselves, right? Wink.

 

 

 

 

 

-THE END-

 

 

 

 

 

 

____________________________________

 

So this is the end, guys. Thank you so much for reading, subscribing and upvoting. I think my days of depressions are gone so I´ll go back to writing fluff, heh. :D Thank you again!!!

 

SJ stuff:

Eunhyuk: It’s hot, I feel like taking off my t-shirt. But as far as I know it’s illegal to take off shirts at concerts here (in Malaysia). If I take it off then I have to get married after that.
Siwon: But u took off your shirt in Amsterdam.
Eunhyuk: That’s why I got married right after.