Sweet enemy (EH)

The Flared Up Demons

I had a strange feeling when I woke up that morning. I expected the worst tonight but it kind of turned out well. Last night Eunhyuk pulled down the jacket on the mirror and climbed out of it. I immediately noticed him and couldn´t focus on the movie playing in front of me anymore. My eyes were fixed on the monster standing behind the laptop. Eunhyuk then walked slowly to me and sat next to my mattress, his long fingers with black nails playing with my hair. Then he started whispering into my ears, his favourite activity. He would tell me how useless, ugly and troublesome I am. How much everyone hates me and how unimportant is my existence to everyone. Sometimes he would swear or just simply scream until I would faint. Just like tonight.

That´s why I was so surprised that instead of Eunhyuk, Lee Donghae once again appeared in my dreams! The dream itself was pretty simple. I was sitting on the grass, looking up the sky, feeling the wind brush through my hair. I was waiting for it to rain, because that´s what Eunhyuk always does, but suddenly Donghae came and sat next to me. We weren´t talking, just sitting there and watching the sky until it was time to part. Then I stood up and went away and that was the end. Nothing much but for me to have such a peaceful night was more than just nice.

I shifted a bit on the mattress but something felt strange. My body wouldn´t move and I immediately thought of Eunhyuk. It wouldn´t be the first time he laid on my body and made me unable to move or even breathe. But it was day already, wasn´t it? He should be back in the mirror. I was scared to open my eyes and find out. Then the hold around me tightened and I weakly whined, still unable to open my eyes. But after I let out the noise I was suddenly freed.

"Sorry," a husky voice grumbled.

I was startled and opened my eyes. I couldn´t believe what I saw! It wasn´t Eunhyuk trying to suffocate me, it was Donghae sleeping next to me, hugging me tightly. I was shocked and didn´t know what to do. Run away or snuggle back? What am I even thinking?! Of course I should get away, why would I want to stay and sleep with him in the same bed? The warm feeling was tempting though, and I had a good night sleep thanks to him. But it´s not right, I shouldn´t let him do this to me, it would only make me suffer more. I don´t want him to pity me, I´m pitiful enough myself. I whined again in frustration, my thoughts were killing me.

"Stop whining, I´m awake thanks to you now," Donghae´s still hoarse voice resonated in his throat, letting me feel the vibrations since I was still pressed against him.

"You´re the one who woke me up, idiot," I answered with equally poor voice tuned by the crying I did last night. Wait! Donghae must have heard me crying, was that the reason he climbed down to me? I felt embarrassed and a bit apologetic to Donghae. I was very confused by the whole situation but the brunette seemed to be okay with it. It´s been so long since I´ve been this close to a human being. For seven years I had contact only with Eunhyuk, having someone else touching me feels very unnatural.

"Calm your , Hyukjae. If it weren´t for me, you would pull all your hair last night," Donghae seemed to be waking up, his sassy attitude back. I didn´t mind him acting like this. I´ve never felt scared of the boy and his rude mouth was seriously cute. The problem was that his arms were still around my body and I didn´t feel comfortable anymore.

"Donghae. Let go," I said quietly. I didn´t want to sound ungrateful for what he had done for me.

"Is it alight to let go?" Donghae then answered in a serious tone and it made me surprised. What does he mean? I didn´t understand and decided to ignore it. The last thing I wanted was to ruin this nice morning. I gently pushed away and tiredly sat on the mattress. I ran fingers through my hair and yawned. But then I made a terrible mistake.

I raised up my head in order to stretch the sore body and looked to the front. My eyes fell on the majestic mirror on the wall. There he was and even angrier than usual. My shadow, my monster, my destiny. Eunhyuk looks exactly like me, which makes the situation even more unbearable. He has lanky, skinny body with long arms and fingers. He grows older just like I do and his hair grows and shorten exactly how I cut them. His voice is also the same but it has this strange echo when he talks, which is good because I don´t confuse it with my own voice. There are some differences, though. One was made by me personally and it´s the hair colour. Unlike the haircut, colour of his hair stays black, leaving me the only red haired one. The week after I dyed it for the first time was one of the worst weeks of my life, no joke. Eunhyuk went furious.

Another difference between us is the colour of his nails, teeth and eyes. But I´m not very happy about this fact because they have this deep pearl black shade. His black long nails scraping the mirror, black sharp teeth chatter in echo and glass eyes haunting me everywhere I go. I would give up my chocolate ones for him. The strangest distinction is his skin. Just like mine it´s very light, contrasting with the blackness of his eyes, nails, teeth, hair and black clothes he always wears. But the hue of his completion goes from white to slightly silver. And that´s how I came up with the name Eunhyuk, ´Eun´ as for silver. I didn´t want to believe that he´s my reflection, for that reason I gave him a name. But he made me put ´Hyuk´ there too, so I would stay tied to him after all.

Eunhyuk started screaming at me when he was sure I noticed his presence. His eyes violent, saliva coming down from his silver lips. It was already daytime so he couldn´t go out of the mirror and I could tell that he wasn´t amused by the fact. He kept running those fingers over the glass and the screeching sound made me cringe.

"You useless idiot! You think you can cut me off just like that?! You believe you can get away from me?! You´re nothing, Hyukjae! Nothing and without me you would be completely alone! Where are your parents, Hyukjae? Your faithful friends, your caring family? No one, there´s no one you imbecile, you trash! No one needs you, no one wants you! Cry, Hyukjae, cry for me! Pull out those disgusting hair and remember-"

", Hyukjae!" Donghae yelled from behind me.

I realised I was crying and pulling my hair just like Eunhyuk told me to. Donghae must think I´m crazy, that I went seriously mad. How could I forget that he´s in the room too? I became horribly scared that he would say something ugly to me. That he would want me to leave and never want to see me again. Why do I think this way? I´ve always been alone and I´m not even worth being Donghae´s friend. He has it all, friendliness, kindness, he´s strong and decisive. He doesn´t need to take care of someone like me.

I wiped my eyes and stood up. I started putting on my clothes, hastily looking for my backpack and other stuff. Donghae said something but I couldn´t hear him over Eunhyuk´s screaming. The monster kept shouting profanities and kept driving his nails over the mirror. Donghae stood up but I was already fully clothed apart from my jacket, which I left at home. I just took my bag and ran away from the room. I noticed Donghae´s mom calling me for breakfast but I was in a hurry so I just gave her a poor excuse and left the house.

I ran fast without looking back. I arrived home and hid myself in my bed. I wouldn´t go and wash myself today, I wouldn´t even go to the kitchen, where are too many shiny surfaces. I would keep hiding in my room and wait for night and Eunhyuk´s revenge.

As expected the night was monstrous. Literally. Eunhyuk gave it his all. I was murdered three times during my dream, hanged, torn apart and burnt alive. On top of that he kept pulling my hair because he really dislikes it. The next day, on Sunday, I already needed to eat something so I went to the kitchen, where of course Eunhyuk was waiting for me. He made me burn myself with the hot water I made to cook ramyeon and made me cut myself with glass he broke. Then I was safe till the night came again. This time I died only once because it took some time before he destroyed the nature and all the animals in my dream. To compensate for that he made me almost suffocate under my own pillow.

 

________________________

 

  Even after all that, I still managed to wake up alive on Monday morning. I had to keep living. My body was in pain, my head hurt, my scalp was aching, both of my hands were burnt and there was a small scratch on my cheek from the glass. I was sure I looked horrible and glad that there was no mirror. I decided to prepare for school and Eunhyuk, to my relief, gave me a break. I washed myself, then hid my injuries under the uniform and went to school. To say that my mood was bad would be an understatement. I was too tired to feel anything, it was as if I lost my soul. My ears were deaf, eyes blind and my mind blank. But the worst thing was that it wasn´t caused by Eunhyuk´s torture. Strange was that I was disappointed by the fact that I couldn´t see Donghae anymore. We didn´t know anything about each other, we weren´t even friends but I still felt as if I just cut off some kind of connexion we had. Disillusioned I was.

We had an unexpected test during the first period. I´m sure, I would pass because since I didn´t have anything to do on Sunday, apart from letting myself be bullied by Eunhyuk, I crammed quite a lot. After the test, only boring lessons followed. Before I knew it, the lunch time was here.

I sat on the free table in the cafeteria with a plate full of unpalatable food and a small apple dessert. I was a bit sad because they didn´t have the strawberry flavoured one anymore. I looked for a while at the meal but then decided to skip to the dessert. I pushed the plate away and dug into the apple cupcake. I was just my fingers when someone, once again, sat on the place across me.

"I have a deal for you," Lee Donghae with a malicious smile proposed. My eyes widened in astonishment, seeing the brunette in front of me was totally unexpected. I was absolutely sure that he wouldn´t spare a word with me anymore, especially not at school where everyone could see him talking to a freak. I didn´t answer and Donghae took it as a signal to continue with his proposal.

"You have to eat your lunch and I´ll give you a reward," the smile didn´t leave his face when he said it. I was surprised to hear that. Why is it about my stomach again? It´s true that the last thing I ate was the unlucky ramyeon on Sunday, but why would this concern Donghae and why didn´t he look angry? I was sure he would swear at me or ignore me.

"Why does it matter to you, if I eat my lunch or not," I answered truthfully.

"Why does it matter, if it matters to me? Anyway, aren´t you curious about the reward? I´m sure you are," Donghae as always ignored all my protests and pulled something from under the table.

"Hehe, it´s the last strawberry cupcake! I know you can´t resist, Hyukjae," his smile widened. , he was right! I bit my lip when my eyes landed on the small pink ball of happiness sitting cutely on Donghae´s hand. I tried really hard to keep my dignity but the game was lost long ago.

I sighed and without a word picked up the spoon and scooped some smashed potatoes on it. I ate slowly, grumbling a bit, stuffing my mouth as if it was the biggest torture in the world. The amused brunette put the cupcake in front of him and rested his head in his arms laid on the table. He watched me eat and talked about some random stuff. He talked about his sisters, what he did during the weekend, how he surely failed today´s test and that his new pants have a hole in them. I listened to everything he said and although I didn´t react to anything, I felt very good. I didn´t even mind eating the food but after a while I couldn´t anymore. I wasn´t used to eating a full meal. I decided to try my luck and shot Donghae something I hoped would be a pleading look.

"Hey, don´t look at me like that! I´m not bullying you or anything. Here," Donghae pushed the cupcake towards me and put his hands up in a defensive manner. I laughed at the sight a bit. Well, more like I pulled the corners of my mouth slightly up but who cares. It´s not like anyone counts my smiles or something. I attacked the little strawberry heaven before the brunette changes his mind and takes it back. I ate it happily, my appetite, mood and colour to my cheeks coming back.

I felt blissful so I decided to thank Donghae properly this time but I didn´t get the chance because something caught my attention. Someone dropped a bottle with water and the substance spilled all around our table. But the water itself wasn´t anything special, what was special was the silver face reflected in the water. Eunhyuk appeared there and unexpectedly bit his hand with his sharp black teeth. The blood started flowing out of his hand and from his teeth to his silver chin. When I saw this, my stomach automatically retched. Oh God no!

I sprung up and ran off to the nearest bathroom. I opened the doors harshly, ran to the closest cubicle and slumped down on my knees. Then I simply bowed down and emptied my stomach. It hurt so much. Especially the pink…

"Hyukjae! , I´m sorry, I didn´t want to force you to eat! I´m sorry," Donghae suddenly appeared behind me and started patting my back. I began crying again. Donghae, why are so kind to me?

"Hyukjae, I´m here, calm down. I´ll handle it all, okay?" He then whispered and I so much wanted to answer. Yes, please. I didn´t though.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

______________________

Some new information about Eunhyuk. I don´t know how about you, but my imagination makes me picture him so frightening. TT_TT Thanks for reading and commenting!

I´m so addicted to Swing. And the live performances are awesome! Although I think that the chinese version sounds better. Random SJ stuff: (Eunhae concert)

Hae: How much is your heart?

Hyuk: My heart is very expensive.

Hae: I´ll buy it!