Torturing monster (EH)

The Flared Up Demons

 

 

When I arrived home, I was utterly pissed off. This was the worst day I had in time! But I felt a bit better after yelling at Donghae and seeing him terrified. Suits him well, he shouldn´t have tried to frighten me because all he did was to annoy me. I was scared of bugs before but their ugly bodies are nothing compared to his. There´s no way a fire alarm could make me panic when his only glance makes me want to burst from anxiety. Being stabbed feels like a good escape from his wrath. And Donghae? He´s more like an angel than devil, don´t you think? If he heard me, he would get probably mad but it´s the truth when it comes to the way I see him.

I wanted to put my jacket on the hanger, when I realised I didn´t take it in the first place. I left in hurry after all but now I regretted. My body felt cold and I was shivering. I should take a warm shower before I catch a cold. The last thing I want is to be locked in this house having a fever or something. There´s no one to take care of me and every sickness is pretty hard on me. I should blame myself, though. I often forget to wear warm clothes and don´t take very good care of my body in whole.

Maybe you want to say that my parents should do it. Yeah, they should but they don´t do it. They have never wanted a child in the first place and haven´t really paid much attention to me. And after some small incidents when I was around ten years old, we completely drifted apart. At first I was sad but now I don´t care anymore. Our house is pretty big and I live in the opposite side of them so we rarely meet. When we do, we either ignore each other or just mutter a simple ´good morning´ or something along the way. My parents travel a lot too, which makes the situation much easier. I´m not even angry at them, I somehow understand. I wouldn´t force them to play with me or show any affection when they don´t feel like it, better none than fake. Well, I don´t feel like that anymore either. On the other side I´m thankful to them because although they don´t love me, they like me enough to keep me with them. They give me money for school and I know they are happy with the fact that I´m not a delinquent and have good marks. They have never sworn at me or beaten me for which I´m happy.

I went to the left, where ´my´ side of the house was situated. A big room divided into two parts. One was more like a living room with the small sofa, TV, desk and the small electric piano. The other side of the room, hidden behind the big bookcase, was my bedroom, king sized bed and walk in closet. The doors opposite to the closet lead to my private bathroom and that was the place I wanted to be in the most right now.

I stripped from my clothes and unceremoniously threw them on the bed, I would take care of them later. I walked into the bathroom and went straight to the shower, ignoring the bathtub on the way. I don´t use the bathtub for a certain reason for seven years now. It´s a pity because I loved bathing before, it´s more fun than showering. I went inside the cubicle and started relaxing with the warm stream falling over my body. But soon I began hearing noises. Sight, I thought it was too quiet since I came home. The noises were getting louder and creepier. I swore not to turn around and take a look. But just like often in the past I couldn´t hold it anymore and looked behind me.

There on the fogged glass of the shower, ten long dark fingers were drawing lines emitting a screeching sound. Shivers ran down my spine and I couldn´t take my eyes off anymore. The hands kept playing the worst music ever on the glass, running their fingers around the whole shower cubicle so that I would feel surrounded. I didn´t feel the warmth of the water anymore so I instinctively grabbed the tap behind me and violently turned it to the right to increase the hotness. The steam became thicker and I hugged myself in a pitiful act to protect myself. The terrifying sounds stopped and I gritted my teeth in anticipation. What´s next? I had my answer in just two seconds, when the disgusting arm went through the glass as if it was only air and stopped in front of my face. I expected the worst but it didn´t hurt me. Long silver fingers with black nails simply took a strand of my red hair and pulled it behind my ear. I burst into tears and slumped down on the ground hugging my legs tightly to my body. The hot water kept falling down on me. I stayed like this for a long time crying.

After a while I decided to take a look and when I raised my head, the arm was nowhere to be seen. I sighed in relief but at that moment finally realised what I did. ! I immediately stopped the water and jumped out of the shower. There was nothing to be afraid of anymore. I understood his plan too late. The hand wasn´t supposed to harm me, I did it myself. I was so scared that I didn´t feel the overly hot water burning my back. Now I had to bear the consequences. My back, arms and neck were very burnt and the rest of my body only incredibly red. My face was swollen from the crying and every movement I made was painful. But I couldn´t really check the real damage since I don´t have any mirrors on my side of the house. That ty bastard!

"Eunhyuk, you ing jerk! How am I supposed to sleep now, huh?!" I yelled knowing he hears me.

And as expected a morbid laugh followed from somewhere in my bedroom. I ignored it and carefully dried myself. I pulled out a baby oil I had for a case like this and with many obstacles applied it on my burning skin. I felt angry at myself. How could I fall for such a simple trick?

"How is it my fault that you are too stupid, Hyukjae? Hahaha," the voice came out again.

I ignored it again and put on the silk pyjamas. The coldness of the cloth made me sigh. I was too tired to go and prepare myself a dinner so I decided to just go straight to the bed. I grumbled annoyed and climbed up on the white bedding. I carefully slipped under the sheets and wrapped myself securely. But just after one second I had to change my position. It hurt too much. I lied on my stomach, where the burnt was the least painful and tried to fall asleep. It was impossible, though, with Eunhyuk´s never ending laugh.

Who is Eunhyuk? My worst nightmare, my torturer, my monster. I don´t think he really exists but it doesn´t change anything on the fact that my life is a hell since he has appeared. No one else beside me can see him and he also doesn't attack anyone else but me. Sometimes he plays pranks on me but once in a while he hurts me seriously, just like today. He likes to appear in the glass, water or other shiny surfaces. That´s the reason I avoid having mirrors and metal in my rooms. I also don´t bath because he once appeared in the bathtub between my feet and I almost drowned that day. The worst is when it gets dark. That´s the time he can walk around freely and torture me to his heart´s content. I always have the lights on so he wouldn´t touch me when I sleep but then another excruciation comes.

I tiredly closed my eyes when the laughing fit ended and prepared myself for another harsh night. Eunhyuk was in a good mood, probably because he knew how much I´ve suffered during the day already. I´m sure he prepared something special for tonight. I whimpered a little at that thought and finally fell asleep.

 

____________________

The next morning was awful just as I predicted. My head hurt and although I went to sleep early, I looked nowhere near fresh. The night was really exhausting and my back looked terrible. It was all red and in even worse state than last evening. I applied more ointment and decided to hold my bag in my hand. Putting it on my back would be my end.

When I arrived to school, everything was the same as always. I quietly went to sit to the back of the class and looked out of the window. I hoped that Eunhyuk wouldn´t show up in the glass plate because the window looked quite clean today. I would keep watching the sky until the teacher arrives. But unexpectedly my thoughts went to Donghae. I was wondering, why he had taken such an interest in me. It´s true I most likely made a huge impact on him the day he found me in the park for the first time. I was very embarrassed that day. He saw me crying and all. Gosh and then I even collapsed into his arms when we met on my birthday. I shook my head in shame and rather focused on the teacher who just started the lesson.

After the morning classes it was the time for lunch. I didn´t feel like eating but I haven´t eaten anything since yesterday´s lunch and my body was already begging to be fed. I didn´t want to cause a scene by fainting so I went to the cafeteria. It was already crowded with people and I was scared they would accidentally push me, which would cause my back to cry in pain. Fortunately everyone as usual decided to stay away from me. I was able to retrieve my meal in peace and when I found an empty table, I felt calm again.

That state didn´t last long, though. As I finished playing with my food and was about to dig into my dessert for real, someone sat on the chair in front of me. I looked up to chase the intruder away but to my surprise it was Donghae, who decided to annoy me during my lunch. He was sitting there with a huge tooth-less smile plastered on his face and mischievous eyes. I was afraid to find out what was playing on his mind, still I asked. You see, I never learn.

"What?" I snarled.

"You´re not really shining today, huh? You won´t eat this anymore?" Donghae said and without waiting for an answer he took the almost full plate I abandoned and started digging into it with my fork. I looked at him in disbelief but he didn´t say or reacted in any way, focusing solely on the food. After he finished he opened his mouth again.

"I didn´t want to wait in line and I knew you wouldn´t eat much so I decided to eat yours," he said as if it was the most normal thing in the world. But then I caught him eyeing my dessert.

"No way! I always eat the dessert!" I stated in defence. Sugar is what saves my life and this bastard is not going to ruin the second day in row for me. I put a huge spoonful of my pudding into my mouth in protest. But Donghae´s face suddenly lit up and he smiled at me again. What the hell? That´s creepy, you know?

"And I thought you don´t know how to be cute," he then said. I was speechless but the fact that my mouth didn´t know, how to react didn´t mean my body was also clueless. The reaction was immediate and I didn´t have time to do anything against it. I didn´t need a mirror to know that my face had the colour of the cherries decorating the pudding I just ate. I slowly gulped down the pudding stuffed in my cheeks and closed my widened eyes. I felt so embarrassed suddenly. How could this happen? The walls I have been building for so long just crashed by this simple comment. I was about to pack my things and get out of here when Donghae dropped another bomb.

"Hey, wanna hang out at my place again this weekend?" The brunette asked me with an apparent intention to win with his aegyo. I was surprised at first but luckily my brain started working again. Why would he want to meet up again? Wasn´t he angry at me or maybe even scared? It was probably just another plan to frighten me or punish me. I didn´t want to take part in it for sure. One must be careful.

"I don´t think it´s a good idea," I answered courtly.

"Kay, then think about it a bit more and tell me tomorrow on Friday. Bye, Hyukjae!" Donghae beamed and in a blink of an eye he was gone again. I was left in my table with a bunch of thoughts in my head. I was almost convinced that it was a bad idea to become friends with Donghae but the events of the upcoming night made me have second thoughts.

 

______________

When I woke up on Friday morning, I was completely stunned. I was so confused that I couldn´t even get up from my bed. Something incredible happened and I just didn´t know what to think anymore about Eunhyuk, Donghae and especially about myself. I felt dizzy and everything from brushing my teeth to sitting down on my desk at school was done on autopilot. Not to mention I was quite surprised that I managed to buy myself a pack of milk on the way.

Since seven years ago I have been constantly tortured every single night, including those when I was sick, or the times I fainted. My every sleep has always been disturbed by Eunhyuk. Every single time he would enter my dream and make it a mess. When I dreamt of a forest, he would set it on fire, he would turn day into night, light into darkness, he would kill every single animal or human appearing in my dreams in the most dreadful way. Sometimes he would even create the dreams himself and those were the worst. He would keep insulting and hitting me in the dream and around the morning I would wake up right after being killed by him. It´s exhausting and I feel like I haven´t even slept at all.

But tonight for the first time since I was ten, he didn´t enter my dream. I´m suspecting it might be his new game but there is still this slight chance that he just wasn´t able to enter. As if something chased him away and I had a great goodnight sleep. I was in a good mood which was pretty rare for me, to say the least. And probably still on autopilot I stood up from my chair and went to the class next to mine. I went to the certain brunette looking already annoyed by the school that hasn´t even started yet.

"Donghae?" He snapped his head and looked very surprised seeing me here and even talking to him. "Can I come tonight?" I asked carefully. He blinked confused but then he finally absorbed the information.

"Yeah! Yeah, of course! Come around six, okay?" He smiled widely again. I just simply hummed and went back. Tonight I dreamed of Lee Donghae.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

__________________________

Another chapter, yaaay. :) Now you know, at least a part of it, what hunts Hyukjae. A monster in his head, muhehehe. Thank you for reading my story!

Why is SJ-M comeback so cool?! Swing never never give up! :D I really like it and Eunhyuk looks somehow younger (especially at the conference). Random SJ stuff:

LT: Eunhyuk, if you could be reborn, who would you want to become?
EH: Uhm, Wonbin! Since I was young, I’ve always thought that he’s really handsome, if I were a girl, I would definitely like him. When I was still a trainee I even lied that I was Wonbin.
LT: That’s right, it was annoying.
EH: Everyone called me SM’s Wonbin. At that time there were a few Chinese trainees who asked me what my name was, & I told them I was called Wonbin, so the first week they started they kept calling me Binhyung/oppa kekeke