Patched wounds (DH)

The Flared Up Demons

I woke up pretty late that Saturday morning, or should I say afternoon? I kept thinking about Hyukjae, my friends and Eunhyuk till late at night and couldn´t fall asleep. I was also very tired after the month of studying I definitely wasn´t used to. I decided to ignore the fact that we are going to continue with Literature on Monday.

I lazily climbed down from my bed and went to clean myself. I ate the lunch with my family and then retuned back to my room. The room is being kept clean by Hyukjae himself and thinking about the anxiousness the red head would feel every time something is off is absolutely hilarious. I remembered my phone and went to check it. But when I saw all the missed calls and messages, I regretted turning off the device last night.

GameKyu:  Where are you? Kangin and Yesung are in the hospital!

RyeoCook: Could you come to the hospital? Something bad has happened.

GameKyu: Are you asleep, ?

Kangin: Come here, you er!

RyeoCook: I think, you should really show up.

Yesung: Betrayer.

 

Sugar addicted weirdo: I´m sorry, Donghae.

The messages didn´t make much sense to me, especially the one from Hyukjae. But I knew one thing. I should be in the hospital right now. I hurriedly put on some clothes and called Ryeowook, who seemed the least angry at me, about the address. With the knowledge of the direction I should head to, I ran out of my house as fast as I could.

When I arrived to the hospital I was quickly told that the room I´m looking for is on the second floor. I didn´t wait for the lift and took it directly to the stairs. I sprinted through the cold well-lit hallway and spotting the door, I didn´t even take the time to slow down or take a breath, and opened them harshly.  What welcomed me wasn´t nice at all. Kangin was sitting on the white bed his right shoulder covered with bandages. Not thoroughly, though, because a red tint was breaking its way through the whiteness. He had a terrible scowl on his face and I knew he was in rage. Yesung was sitting on a chair next to him with his arm in a plaster. The black haired boy was very pale and I could catch him shiver even so slightly. Ryeowook was visibly worried as he didn´t even dare to sit down and kept trying to calm down the two boys who were angered to nowhere. Kyuhyun was walking around the room and swearing, sometimes even using gestures. Now, what´s going on?

“Finally!” Kyuhyun exclaimed seeing me standing at the doors ultimately confused.

“Where have you been, you ing idiot?!” Kangin took the baton to yell at me. “Don´t tell me you were with that monster or I´ll surely kill you this time!” I wanted to argue back and defend the monster , who was in his mind definitely Hyuk, but decided to act rational for once.

“I was at home, my phone was off! Would you mind telling me what happened?!”

“Your creepy friend attacked us!” Yesung woke up from his daydreaming.

“What? That´s nonsense. Hyukjae wouldn´t do anything like that. Hell, he isn´t even capable of doing so!” I couldn´t believe they used their wounds to accuse the red head of an assault he had surely never committed. I was disappointed by my friends.

“Hahaha! He´s playing with you, Donghae. He made you believe he was a nice but poor guy and you got caught by his act. Can´t you see? I´ll have scars that will last forever and Yesung´s wrist was snapped so hard so they were afraid at first, that he would never be able to grip anything anymore! I´m not lying to you,” Kangin finished in a deep voice.

I have known Kangin for years and it´s the truth that he has never lied to me. His expression was also genuine and the fear in Yesung´s eyes was adding to the story. They meant it. But that´s impossible. Hyukjae would never hurt anyone and he wouldn´t want to hurt my friends, right? Suddenly a thought came to my mind. The message, his apology. I didn´t understand at first but now it made sense. I pulled out my phone and dialled Hyukjae´s number.

“Donghae?”

“It was you?” I didn´t say anything else. Nobody in the room did. A silence.

“Yeah.” It was so quiet that I almost missed it. My heart almost stopped upon hearing his answer. Hyukjae hurt my friends, my Hyukjae hurt my friends. I wasn´t even angry, I was just so sad and so scared.

“I´ll come to your place, Hyukjae,” I answered him after a long silence in the coldest voice I could manage and then hang up.

“Did he confess?” Kyuhyun was the first to react. I just simply nodded, my mind still in haze. Something was off, it wasn´t right to think that Hyukjae was the culprit and even if he was, there must have been a good reason for him to attack.

“Tell me, what exactly did he do?” I asked Kangin who seemed to be in a better condition to talk. Yesung was still slightly paralysed and after the only sentence, he haven´t spoken again.

“We met Hyukjae in the park accidentally, when he was on his way home. He looked scary with that blank face, dark and all. I went to greet him and patted his shoulders but he must have hated it to be touched or something because he totally snapped. His arms looked silver and his teeth and nails were sharp and black. Donghae, he´s a monster, I tell you!” I´ve never seen Kangin this distressed and decided to let him be. I had to meet Hyukjae.

I bid goodbye to my poor gang and escaped from the hospital so I could pay a visit to the red head. It took me only about thirty minutes to get there. The fear, anxiousness and anger made me hurry. I needed answers and I needed them now!

________________________

 

Hyukjae was already waiting for me at the doors and silently followed me to his very own room. I span around and looked at him sternly. I was afraid that his terrifying face would scare me away or that his hurt face would make me melt and hug the boy instead. Hyukjae´s face stayed blank though, and so I didn´t have a clue, what was going on inside the boy´s head. I cleared my throat nevertheless.

“I´m sorry, I didn´t want the situation to escalate. It was my fault,” Hyukjae started in a firm voice totally inappropriate for an apology.

“Sorry? They are in hospital, Hyukjae! Kangin will have terrible scars and Yesung almost lost the touch in his hands and you say sorry? Don´t with me!” I yelled at the red head.

“It´s not like I wanted to hurt them,” Hyukjae´s face became softer but I was blind with anger already. I felt stupid for opening up to Hyukjae so much and I also felt betrayed. My heart was hurting even more but I would never admit a heart break.

“When you trip someone, you don´t want to hurt them. Beat them so much they would have to go to the hospital means that you shamelessly attacked them! I don´t see any new wounds on you so they didn´t even fight back! What did they do to you, Hyukjae?!” I was in rage. My eyes were closed tightly and my fists were itching to punch. My teeth were clenched together and I could feel the blood boil inside me. I was ready to explode.

Sniff.

My eyes snapped open. Was Hyukjae crying? But he cries only if he´s hurt by Eunhyuk, that´s the only occasion. I was confused of the boy´s behaviour and right at that moment my brain fished out an information I had ignored. ´His arms looked silver and his teeth and nails were sharp and black.´ That´s what Kangin said but why does it sound so familiar? Is it possible that Kangin and Yesung met Eunhyuk?

“Hyuk?” Guilty eyes rose up to meet my shocked ones. “Eunhyuk. Is he real?” My question was careful and even I thought that it was crazy to think that the imaginary monster could really be lurking around. Hyukjae shuffled on his place for a while, probably thinking but then he bit his lip and his eyes were showing fear and also determination.

Hyukjae closed his eyes and heaved a long sigh. I noticed his fingers were trembling when he brought them to the hem of his shirt. A moment of hesitation and the fingers were already pulling up the soft material covering the skinny body. When the shirt was discarded on the ground his eyes opened once again.

I couldn´t believe my eyes. All this time I thought that a few random hugs, praises and sweets would be enough to heal the loneliness and self-loathing feeling the boy was bearing but I was wrong. I was so wrong that my stomach made a flip and my throat went dry. Hyukjae´s body was beautiful from afar. Lean frame, milky white skin and hard muscles decorating it on the right places. But that nature´s masterpiece was ruined shamelessly. His shoulders his stomach and back were scarred by something I guess had long nails or a sharp knife. Other wounds were probably caused by teeth of some big animal and a few scars I identified as burn marks. Abused, that´s what he was.

“Hyuk,” I choked on my tears. I couldn´t take it anymore and shortened the distance between us as fast as I could. The torso was suddenly crushed against my warm clothed body. I wrapped my arms around him and didn´t want to ever let go. He was too fragile, too precious and too hurt to be left alone.

“They h-had knife, D-Donghae. They wanted me to disappear from your life. He, Eunhyuk, he came t-to protect me. I´m s-sorry, it was an accident,” Hyukjae broke down in tears, sobbing and clutching the sweater on my back. I brought one of my hands to his hair with the other I pulled him even closer to me.

This is a mess. It was my friends who attacked and Hyukjae who fought back. Eunhyuk was the one who hurt them. Eunhyuk was real. I had to protect Hyukjae from him, I wouldn´t let the monster even touch one strand on the crimson head. The red head that is vulnerable, exhausted and broken. I´ll make Eunhyuk go away and I´ll never leave Hyukjae alone. It´s a promise.

The sobbing subsided and the atmosphere became awkward. Hyukjae was too embarrassed to let go and couldn´t even bring up his face. I chuckled at the sight of the redness of his ears that definitely wasn´t caused by the dye.

“C´mon, look at me, idiot,” I said jokingly and lifted up Hyukjae´s face with my fingers. Even after all the crying he did, still he looked astonishing. The almond eyes were sparkling, all the confusion and fear gone, replaced by embarrassment and something that seemed to be keeping the boy alive. I smiled because I felt like it was the best thing to do when our faces were only inches apart. It was awkward but I didn´t want to let go. The feeling I was denying for so long resurfaced once again and that bubbly sensation filled my stomach and lungs and brain and made me feel light. Have I told you that Hyukjae is an unpredictable little ?

Hyukjae unexpectedly leaned forward and captured my lips into his. The soft material of his red pillows was holding my lips and waiting for their answer. I joined the red head with closing the eyes and started moving my lips so no question would stay unanswered. The kiss was sweet and gentle, anything I was used to. This was surely Hyukjae´s first kiss and so I took the lead hungrily lapping onto his defenceless lower lip. The contact became more heated but never crossing the line of gentleness. I was careful with the fragile being in my arms.

After a while we pulled away and our eyes locked. Love. The feeling in Hyukjae´s eyes perfectly mirroring the one in my very own ones. He smiled widely, his swollen lips stretching over his teeth taking away half of his cute face. I chuckled and hugged him once more while rubbing his still back gently. I could get used to this.

But the fate, or rather Eunhyuk, had different plans with us.

A horrible scream echoed in the room and suddenly Hyukjae´s body was torn away from mine. The boy landed painfully on his back while I bumped into the table behind me. I hissed but hurriedly tried to focus on my new found lover who started breathing fast. Hyukjae paled and his eyes were blank from the terror.

“No, no! Eunhyuk, don´t say that! If you kill me, you´ll die too!” Hyukjae yelled watching something in front of him I couldn´t see nor hear.

All the light bulbs exploded all of a sudden and the curtains on the windows closed by themselves taking the room into a complete darkness. Then the monster started laughing, a disgusting sound even I could hear. I felt like I was in a bad horror movie with Hyukjae as the lead.

Then it happened. Hyukjae let out a high pitched cry and from then on only muted gurgles and chokes could be heard. I panicked and ran towards him. The room was dark and as I was getting near and my sight was getting accustomed to it, I finally spotted him. For the first time I saw Eunhyuk.

Eunhyuk´s upper half was also , revealing a smooth patch of bright silver skin. His body was bony but his arms and back were strengthened by muscles like Hyukjae´s. His hair was raven mirroring the colour of his dull eyes and sharp teeth. I couldn´t imagine those ugly weapons piercing my lover´s body but the proof was right there. Eunhyuk´s slim arms decorated with long black nails were clutching Hyukjae´s throat, mercilessly the life out of him.

I couldn´t take it anymore and jumped on the monster bringing it to the ground. I heard Hyukjae cough violently somewhere near us but I didn´t have time to check on him as I was fighting for my life. Eunhyuk kept scratching my arms and back in a futile attempt to pry off my hands that kept punching him into his now distorted face. I couldn´t give up, there was no place for mistakes I just quietly hoped that with Eunhyuk I won´t bring down my Hyukjae too.

“Hyukjaee!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

____________________________

 

The next one is the last. Thank you for reading and subscribing!

Korean group SJ won Top Group award on a Chinese awards show for their Japanese song ‘Hero’. - isn´t that crazy? Our boys are jjang!!

Random SJ stuff: 140405 Music Core | There is a boy fan and he just screamed “hyuung“ hyuk was like o_o asked him if he came alone.