Discovered fear (DH)

The Flared Up Demons

 

 

"So you are saying, you don´t know who is Lee Hyukjae? Are you serious, Donghae?" Kangin asked me astounded.

It was Monday morning and we were sitting in the park near our school. Yes, we were skipping, do you have a problem with that? I believe you don´t. I didn´t feel like going to the class and my loyal pack of wolves didn´t even hesitate to join me. Accept for Kyuhyun, who decided to not even go to school in the first place. I was sprawled on a bench, my friends sitting next to me or lying on the grass. We were all smoking and talking about random stuff, when I finally asked about Hyukjae. Seems like the boy was well known at school.

"There are many rumours about him. Like he´s a mental or that his parents are dead," Yesung stated in a calm voice before he took another whiff of his cigarette.

"I heard, he could see ghosts!" Ryeowook hurried to add.

"Nonsense! Anyway, one thing is for sure. This guy is not afraid of anything," Kangin finally got his word back.

"What do you mean?" I looked at him sceptically. It´s impossible to not be scared of anything. Even I, the great Lee Donghae, have some fears. Everyone has some and this crazy redhead is no exception. Also I´m pretty sure that the thing, which made him cry so much both times I met him in that dark park, is pretty scary. It´s unbelievable that a person who cries so much could not be frightened.

"Trust me, he never panics and never gets scared of anything," Kangin shrugged completely convinced of this information. I didn´t want to believe such nonsense and it also made me kind of curious. No, scratch that, I was very much tempted to find out that the opposite is the truth. So I quickly came with a wicked idea.

"Guys, let´s scare Lee Hyukjae to death! Who manages to do it, gets a bottle of his favourite liquor from the others," I proposed and everyone immediately agreed. Who wouldn´t, we didn´t have any good fun for a long time. We were itching to do something rebellious or at least mean. Lee Hyukjae was just unlucky and to tell the truth, I was very annoyed by his personality.

I was so nice to take him to my house when he looked so weak and lost that Friday night. I feel angry at myself for even caring for that jerk, I should have left him in the park. But no, I brought him home, gave him a dinner and a place to sleep too. And he did what? I don´t know myself because when I woke up, he was already gone without any apology or thanks. That guy has no manners and needs to be taught a lesson. Acting like a towards me never pays off and I hate people that aren´t under my control. I want him to fear me like the others do, to hide when I walk around and bend his head when I look at him. Let the hunt begin!

Without any second thoughts we decided to return to the school. Everyone was too impatient to wait for tomorrow and it seemed like Ryeowook and Yesung had a plan already. When we arrived, it was almost lunch break so we didn´t even bother to go to the classroom and went straight to the cafeteria. We wanted to catch Hyukjae there. We sat to our usual table in the centre of the room and Yesung went to retrieve something he needed for his plan.

I was getting bored these days. Everyone around already knew my hot-blooded nature and didn´t dare to pick a fight with me. I needed a better challenge than a few weak first years. There was no fun in beating little children who were too young and new to understand, who the top dog in this school is. Hyukjae was different because he knew but decided to ignore it. That´s why he has no right to complain later because, technically, it´s his own fault for being ignorant and cocky

The bell rung and the hungry students started to fill the hall. In just a few minutes it became noisy with all that chairs´ rattling, dishes´ clunking and people shuffling, chatting, laughing or simply making disgusted grumps while studying the not so palatable food on their plates. I raised my head to spot Hyukjae somewhere in the crowd but to no purpose. Instead I saw Yesung confidently walking with a scary dark face and smirk adoring his lips. I smiled for myself looking forward to his plan.

And not long after, the infamous redhead finally entered the cafeteria and went straight to the food counter. He filled his tray with a little bit of food. Too little I thought, but immediately scolded myself for the care. I shook my head and turned back to look at the boy again. This time I noticed Yesung getting closer while holding something in his fist. Suddenly I understood. I´ll give you a hint, Yesung likes to collect bugs. Totally not cute, right? I smirked when I saw the little creep throw a very nasty spider into Hyukjae´s plate with food. The redhead was too busy at first to notice and I was so eager to see his reaction that I even stood up.

"What the ?!" The skinny boy suddenly yelped. I bit my lip in expectation, here it comes! But to my disappointment he just took the spider between his fingers and grunted with disgust. He was about to kill it when he noticed me not far from him, standing in attention like a meercat. He raised his eyebrows but then he pulled them abruptly together. , he caught on. I watched the angry redhead stride towards me with his face contorted in a nasty scowl. Before I could react, he pushed the bug under my shirt behind my collar.

"! You-!" I screamed, hastily pulling on my shirt trying to get rid of the long legged animal running around my backbone. I kept shifting and jumping until I saw it fall down. I quickly stepped on the spider and sighed in relief. Then I snapped my head to yell at Hyukjae but it was too late. He was already gone.

"Don´t worry, I have a better idea," Ryeowook put his arm around my shoulders, "this will definitely pull him up from the chair," he smiled mischievously.

Ryeowook´s plan was pretty simple but risky too. He wanted to set off the fire alarm and watch Hyukjae panic just like everyone else. And I couldn´t hide my eagerness to see his bewildered face when everyone starts running around. We waited for the next lesson to begin and then we started moving around. Apparently Yesung was in the same class as Hyukjae so he had the best view from us all. Ryeowook went to the fire alarm switch displeased, that he won´t see anything and that he will have to run the fastest as to not get caught. I and Kangin stealthily opened the classroom´s door wide enough for us to be able to see the skinny victim but narrow enough to not get spotted by the teacher in the front.

Hyukjae was sitting at the back of the classroom separated from everyone else. I wondered, why he looked so lonely and sad. His body was slightly leaning on the desk, looking even thinner than usual, and his face seemed tired. He kept looking out of the window and didn´t notice us spying on him. Suddenly the alarm started ringing and even though I expected it to happen, I got startled. I hurriedly focused back on the boy sitting at the far end but unfortunately there was no big change in his expression.

While everyone started screaming in panic and the baffled teacher tried to calm everyone down and make them evacuate safely, Lee Hyukjae was perfectly composed. He just packed his books and then slowly buttoned up his uniform so he wouldn´t feel cold when he had to evacuate outside. I watched his perfectly calm face and his measured movements in pure astonishment. Who is this guy? What if the fire was real?

"Donghae, hurry! We need to go before someone starts guessing that it was our work," Kangin woke me up from my shock and made me flee the scene. I let him drag me out of the doors and soon we unnoticed joined our own class in exiting the school. I was angry and confused. Why was Hyukjae so calm? Is there something more to this strange guy? I need to know, I have to know everything, I hate unanswered questions.

 

____________

In the evening we all, including Kyuhyun, met up in the park near Hyukjae´s house. We came up with the best plan to frighten the redhead and were sure to succeed this time. We sat on a bench very close to the entrance of the park but still dark enough for us to be invisible. Trees covering us in their shadows and shielding our mean intentions from any curious eyes. If Hyukjae noticed our group too early, he could run away and destroy our brilliant plan.

We sat there for about an hour and half but I was sure, Hyukjae would eventually show up. And I knew I was right when my sight caught a glimpse of the slim body with red mop of hair entering the park. The boy looked a bit distressed and lost just like always. Maybe he comes here to clear his head or something because he didn´t even have enough clothes, when he went out of his house. It´s true that the spring was already coming but it was still very cold and especially at night it was quite chilly. What is he thinking?

"He´s here," Ryeowook whispered and everyone turned their heads towards the clueless redhead.

"Okay, get ready guys. Don´t forget to stop him somewhere nice, so we have a good view too," I pushed all my stupid and absolutely illogical thoughts about Hyukjae away and started preparing for the attack.

"Roger!" Kangin smirked and from then on it was the actual thing.

Bulky Kangin and tall Kyuhyun were a very strong combination. Kyuhyun with his ferocious way of talking and his villain look plus Kangin as the synonym for strength and boiling blood. No one would withstand meeting these two together on the hallway without pissing their pants. But this was Hyukjae we were talking about, so we needed something stronger. Kyuhyun and Kangin put on their masks and hoodies. The bulkier one didn´t hesitate to pull out his pocket knife too. Now let´s meet them in the darkest of the parks, all alone in the middle of the night. Prepared, both guys started silently walking to their victim. Hyukjae was still deep in thoughts because he didn´t notice the danger that was about to come. When he did notice, it was already too late.

Kangin took Hyukjae´s shoulder and harshly pulled him back. The skinny body got easily swayed and without much time to regain its composure, it was forced against the lamp post. The redhead groaned in pain when his back hit the metal pole. Kangin then reacted again and put the knife under his neck. Kyuhyun in the meantime put his hand on Hyukjae´s chest and pushed him a bit more.

"Hey! The only we want is money. Don´t try anything funny, -head, or you´re a dead meat," Kyuhyun said in a deep and threatening voice.

"Hurry, we wanna buy some booze, if you don´t want to end up like a pincushion, you better pay," Kangin added pressing the knife harder against the porcelain skin.

The truth is, I pitied Hyukjae a bit. But he dared to talk back to me and even put a spider under my shirt. He needs to be punished, I don´t tolerate such insolence and disobedience towards me. I won´t be satisfied, if I don´t see at least some tears today. It´s not like Kangin or Kyuhyun would dare to hurt him severely or something, there was nothing to fear from our side. But I sincerely believed that Hyukjae would get scared in that situation. The boy is terribly skinny, weak, doesn´t eat much and doesn’t do any sport as far as I know. They are threatening his life, they are stronger and outnumbered for the god´s sake, only an idiot or a madman wouldn´t be scared in this situation.

But apparently Hyukjae was a madman because he only tiredly sighed and pulled out his arm that got squeezed between his body and the pole. He fished out a wallet from his pocket and at first studied its content before he decided, which piece of paper he wanted to donate. He pulled out a simple bill and gave it to Kyuhyun. The tall boy was speechless and just took the bill from Hyukjae. Kangin wanted to swear but Hyukjae was faster to speak.

"It will be better, if you buy yourself rather some weed, you look stressed," the redhead muttered and finally lifted his face on the light.

His expression was completely blank, not a single emotion showing in the almond eyes or white cheeks. He looked like a doll, beautiful but frightening. And my friends must have thought the same because they just lightly pushed Hyukjae into the pole for the last time before they quietly walked away. Yesung and Ryeowook, who stayed with me on the bench, went to join them on their way out of the park. Probably to mock them for their embarrassing failure.

I still couldn´t get over the fail, though, and decided to vent my newly gained anger on Hyukjae. The redhead proceeded with his night walk deeper into the park´s forest. I went after him, not even trying to hide my presence. He is smart so I´m pretty sure he had already figured out that I would be here. Not to mention that my friends kept openly bothering him through the whole day.

"Come here you little !" I yelled when I got close enough to him. He spun around and looked at me with that blank face. I got even angrier. "Who do you think you are, acting all high and mighty, huh?! No one dares to mess with Lee Donghae, got it, ?!" I kept screaming while getting near to him. He didn´t even flinch when I fisted my hand and prepared for the hit. "I´ll make you fear, Hyukjae! I´ll show you how the real devil looks like!"

And then I threw the punch. I expected to hear that familiar sound of cracking bones and painful groans. To feel my fist get into the contact with the soft skin and get dirtied by the hot blood. But as always when it came to Hyukjae, nothing went as expected. Before I knew it, I was lying on the concrete ground being thrown there in an instant. I looked up astounded to see the calm redhead but instead I got to witness him in the full rage mode.

"Devil?! Don´t talk about devils, Donghae, if you´ve never met one! I have and that´s why nothing in this pathetic world could frighten me anymore. ing leave alone my own sorry person, in my own ty life, with my own ing monsters!"

Hyukjae exploded tears forcing themselves into his pained dark orbs. He didn´t cry, or not at least in front of me. He only growled and disappeared in the darkness. I was left with head full of questions, body full of pain and soul full of... fear.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

_______________________

 

So how was it? Hyukjae will sure reveal the secret. Then it will be up to Donghae to get through it, kekekeke. God, I really hate how it always deletes and just messes all the text I write when I save the chapter. Let me know, if it looks like something was deleted.

Anyway, have you seen SJ-M album photos? Those suits will be the death of me one day. Eunhyuk pics look similar to the ones he made for Singles Magazine. I loved them as much as I love these. How can they look so classy and then make such a funny teaser :D only suju can pull this nonsense!

Random SJ stuff: RW: We went to (Germany) for a short trip, for about a week. When we were there, we went around looking for Korean restaurants, and preserved the food we wrapped and brought from Korea. Like “you can’t eat this today” thing kkkk Eunhyuk-ssi did that really well. We’d really want to eat the food, but Eunhyuk-ssi would say “No. Not for today.” And we divided it when we ate it kk