Lunch

Three Words I Long to Say to You

“Yoona just texted to inform us that Taeyeon unnie and Yuri unnie won’t be around today. Apparently they have lots of lectures to attend today. I’ll just go and meet Yoona now. See you during lunch!” Seohyun explained and left the group.

“Poor them. I hope that they at least get to eat a proper lunch.” Tiffany commented.

“Just confess already, Hwang Miyoung. You’re so obvious. I don’t understand why Taeyeon is so dense.” Jessica rolled her eyes in response.

“Exactly. I bet you’re only worried about Taeyeon.” Sunny added.

“H-Hey that’s not what I meant! I care for both of them equally, okay?”

“Why so defensive Miyoung ah. Actually, Yuri has Jessica to care for her already. You can worry about Taeyeon.”

“What? I didn’t say anything.”

“She’ll be extremely touched if you show up later and pass her lunch though. Aren’t you dense too? Well, I’m off to my own lecture. Bye.” Sunny laughed and made her way out of the cafeteria.

Sunny was good at reading people, being a law major. She was sure that the rumours were true. She was also sure that Jessica’s ‘love’ for her crush was just an infatuation. Sadly, she can’t just brainwash or hypnotise Jessica to like Yuri.

“Sunny’s right, Jessi. Haven’t you heard the rumours? Yuri definitely has the hots for you. How can you be so blind to her actions? She’s so protective of you.”

“I’m not blind, Tiff. Those are probably habits anyway, since we were young. And it’s because we’re close, not that she likes me. Rumours are just rumours after all, and I like Taecyeon. You know that already. Everybody knows.” Jessica shook her head.

“Habits? Jess, I’m sure you haven’t forgotten that she almost got into a car accident because of you. Hmm… Actually she did, though it was minor.” Tiffany just sighed at her denial.

 

To: Yul

Hey Yul, are you free to meet at the cafe next to school now? I’m hungry and I forgot to bring my wallet :-(

To: Sica <3

Yeah sure, I’ll meet you thr now. See you! ;)

To: Yul

Great! Thanks a lot Yul. See you :-)

Jessica smiled in delight. She looked out for any passing cars before looking back down at her phone and crossing the road. She saw a reply from Yuri again, but chose to ignore it.

“Sica! Car!” A shout could be heard, followed by a horn.

Jessica looked to her right to see a car heading towards her direction. She gasped in shock and closed her eyes, bracing herself for the huge impact. However, she felt an arm around her waist and another around her head, pushing her head downwards to protect it.

A grunt was heard and the arms around her loosened, pulling her to the pavement. A familiar voice could be heard apologising to the driver, before the car sped off again. Jessica looked up to see Yuri’s concerned face.

“Are you okay? God, you scared me! Did you not see my text?” Yuri cupped her face and scanned her body for any injuries.

“No…” Jessica mumbled, still in shock.

“C’mon let’s get you home. I don’t think you’ll be able to concentrate in class anymore. I’ll inform the rest.”

Little did she know, Yuri was slightly limping while helping her to the car. Though the car stopped in time to prevent a major accident, it still managed to hit Yuri’s waist, and the impact was not small at all.

From: Yul

Don’t use your phone while walking, princess. It’s dangerous.

 

“Okay enough. Let’s just get lunch for them later. I’m sure you want to meet Taeyeon. Time to head to class for now.”

--

“Hey Yul, wake up. We’re only done with our second lecture of the day, by the way. We still have another 2.”

“Seriously, I hate life.” Yuri yawned.

“C’mon we have time for a quick bite now. Around 10 minutes.” Taeyeon said as she checked her watch.

“It’s going to get lesser if you don’t move your now…”

Yuri stood up unwillingly, scratching the back of her head. In the process of getting out of the lecture hall, she whined and complained continuously about the lack of sleep and the tons of lectures, gaining amused looks from the other students. Who knew Kwon Yuri – the ideal partner for both guys and girls, was this whiny?

“Taeyeon!” A voice shouted from behind.

“Oh? Tiffany? Jessica? What are you guys doing here?” Taeyeon turned around and asked.

“We heard from Seohyun that you guys are busy the whole day, so we thought we should bring you lunch.” Tiffany beamed her eye smile.

“Oh thanks! We’re just about to head to the vending machines to get a quick bite.” Tiffany handed Taeyeon two lunch boxes.

“No problem. I think it’s time for us to go to our own class too. Enjoy!” Tiffany smiled again, before both of them turned and left.

Taeyeon bowed her head down and tried to stop the smile that was forming on her face.

“Guess who’s blushing!” Yuri grinned and grabbed one lunchbox from Taeyeon.

“Who? Who was the one who could speak a word in front of her crush?” She countered.

“What crush? I didn’t speak because I was thinking about the lecture just now. Besides, I gave you more time to speak to your eye-smiling angel.”

“The whole school knows about your crush man. Haven’t you heard the rumours? And thinking Kwon Yuri? What a lame excuse. You were sleeping the whole lecture just now, so what do you have to think about?” Taeyeon smirked at her victory.

“…”

“Cat got your tongue, Kwon Yuri?”

“Just shut up and eat already!” Yuri stuffed a piece of kimbap in Taeyeon’s mouth.

--

“Why didn’t you speak?”

“Didn’t feel like it. Plus, why would I interrupt your conversation with your Taeyeon?”

“She’s not mine…” Tiffany blushed.

“Soon? Don’t you think bringing her lunch moved her heart? Bring her lunch more frequently and have lunch dates with her more frequently.” Jessica joked.