Questions

Three Words I Long to Say to You

A/N: Happy Valentines to all my lovely readers!

“Ok Taecyeon asked me to do it. He met up with me a few days before the game. He told me to injure your sister. Even better if I could bench her for a few matches. In return he gave me a few hundred thousand won. The reason why, he didn’t tell me.”

The words kept replaying in Jessica’s head. Why would Taecyeon bribe someone to injure Yuri? Was it because Yuri beat him up? Why did Yuri react so violently when she saw Taecyeon? Holding her drink in her hand, she slowly walked back to the stadium. Not watching where she was walking, she bumped into someone. Instead of falling flat onto her face, the person caught her in her embrace.

A sense of familiarity rushed through her. “Yuri?” She mumbled and looked up.

“Hey, Sica. Be careful.” The person helped her stand up properly and checked to make sure she wasn’t hurt.

Her mind was blank and she just stared at the person in front of her. Smiling charmingly at her, the person turned and walked towards the vending machine.

“Erm… Taeyeon. Can I talk to you for a while?” She caught up with her.

“Yeah, sure. What about? If it’s about Yuri, don’t worry. She’s fine. No dislocation or fracture.” Taeyeon smiled at her once more.

“No, No. It’s not about her.” She scratched her head. “I mean, it is, but it’s not about her injury. I’m glad she’s fine though.”

“Then? Feel free to ask.” Taeyeon opened her can of drink and sipped on it.

“Yuri… She… Taecyeon and her… Does she hold a grudge against him or vice-versa?”

Taeyeon’s face immediately turned serious after hearing Taecyeon’s name.

Sighing, she asked. “Why do you think so?”

“I-I overhead Jiyong oppa talking to his teammate that injured Yuri just now… He… He confessed that Taecyeon made him do it in exchange for a few hundred thousand won.”

Taeyeon was stunned after hearing what Jessica said. “Are you sure?”

Nodding her head, she desperately asked again. “Taeyeon, please. I need to know what’s happening between the both of them. Taecyeon is my boyfriend and Yuri… I care about her, Taeyeon.”

“I suggest you talk to Yuri about that and ask her about it yourself. I know what she’ll say won’t be nice, you wouldn’t like it, but you need to hear it from her yourself. Don’t hate her, Jessica. She has a reason for everything she says. And, I’m supporting everything she’ll tell you. I can bring you to her, if you’re willing to listen.”

--

“I’m afraid it’s a second degree sprain, you’ll be out for at least 2 weeks. If you push it, it’ll take longer to heal, and your whole ligament might tear. For now, part of it is torn, and you might feel severe pain sometimes. You will have difficulty walking too, so I suggest crutches or a wheelchair.” The school doctor explained while bandaging Yuri’s ankle.

She sighed in response. “Okay, I’ll take note. Thank you, doc.” She forced a smile at the doctor as he left.

A moment later, her brother walked in. “Hey lil’ sis, how are you feeling?”

“Bad. I wouldn’t be able to play for at least two weeks.” She bowed her head down and fiddled with her fingers.

Chuckling, he took a seat beside Yuri. “It’s just two weeks, Yul. C’mon, I’m sure your team will do fine.”

“I know, oppa. I have faith in them.”

There was a moment a silence before Jiyong decided to speak up.

“What did you do against Ok Taecyeon, Yul?”

Yuri looked at him questionably.

“News travel fast, Yul. Both the rumours and the facts. Rumours that you like Jessica and the fact that she’s Ok Taecyeon’s girlfriend.”

“…”

“You genuinely like her, don’t you? His girlfriend. Your childhood friend.”

“What does this have to do with me offending him?”

“Taeyang confessed to me that he was bribed by Ok Taecyeon. I know you guys are rivals and he’s probably dating Jessica to spite you. I’ve heard things about him and the most common rumour about him – he dates the girls that likes him to get into their pants easily. If it’s true, he gets he spite you and gets the girl too. Why he wants you injured, I don’t know, but I think you do. If you really like her, Yul, confess to her, tell her everything. I’m sure you want to protect her. Maybe she won’t believe you for now, but when the time comes and Taecyeon becomes suspicious, she’ll know what he’s up to.”

Nodding her head, she smiled and thanked him.

“I will, oppa. If she even wants to speak to me after I beat up her boyfriend, twice.” Yuri grinned at him sheepishly.

“You’re still the same old lil’ sis I have. Now I know why he wants you injured.” Jiyong laughed and ruffled her hair.

A while later, they heard a knock on the door. Taeyeon opened the door with Jessica right behind her.

“Hey, Tae, Jessica. Haven’t seen you guys for a long time.” Jiyong greeted them with a bright smile.

“Yeah, oppa. Want to have a cup of coffee together? With the others too.” Taeyeon tried her best to signal to him that Jessica and Yuri should be left alone.

Thankfully, Jiyong got her message and readily agreed.

“Hey, Tae, go get some crutches for me from the nurse, would you? Doc says it’ll be hard for me to walk.” Yuri requested before the two left.

“Yeah sure, will be back.”Taeyeon nodded before closing the door behind them.

After Jessica heard the word ‘crutches’, she panicked a little. She looked at Yuri’s bandaged leg and her heart ached. Suddenly, it felt like everything was her fault. Though part of her is questioning her heart for feeling this way, the bigger part of her felt like it was her responsibility to take care of her.

Her heart started picking up its pace as she stepped closer. She was unsure how she should start and how Yuri would react.

“Yuri…”

--

“Taeyeon are you mad? Why did you leave Jessica and Yuri alone?” Sooyoung shouted in alarm when she saw Taeyeon walking out with Jiyong only.

“Chill a little Soo, I know what I’m doing. You guys up for coffee with Jiyong oppa?” Taeyeon asked.

“But--”

“Its fine, Sooyoung. C’mon, shall we go?” Jiyong cut off Sooyoung halfway.

“Yeah, I trust Taeyeon unnie. I vote yes!” Yoona stood up from the bleachers excitedly.

The others slowly followed suit, and Tiffany was the last to get up. Though the others didn’t know what was going on between the two, they decided it was the best not to question and just follow suit.

“Hurry up, Fany.” Sunny rushed as she was the last one left.

Unfortunately, as she was rushing down the stairs, she missed a step and tripped.

“Be more careful.” She heard a voice say beside her ear.

Looking up, her face immediately turned red. Taeyeon was the nearest to the steps as she fell, and she managed to react fast enough to catch Tiffany. Taeyeon’s arms were wrapped around her waist, while her hands were on Taeyeon’s chest and shoulder, unknowingly gripping hard onto Taeyeon’s warm up tee.

“Relax.” Taeyeon chuckled when she noticed how tense Tiffany was.

“You guys can kiss, it’s totally fine.” Jiyong teased, seeing that neither was letting go.

“O-Oppa!” Tiiffany immediately released herself from Taeyeon.

Hearing Jiyong’s words, the once calm Taeyeon became embarrassed. Her face started heating up and her heart started beating rapidly once she thought about how close they were.

Seeing Taeyeon’s reaction, Yoona immediately continued teasing. “Ohhhhh, Taeyeon unnie is falling in love!”

“Taeyeon and Tiffany sitting on a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!” Sunny and Sooyoung chanted together.

“Yah! Stop it!” Tiffany scolded and ran over to hit them.

“Taeyeon! Control your girlfriend!”

“Enough, guys.” Taeyeon tried to say confidently. “Let’s hurry go and come back before Jessica and Yuri come looking for us.”