Mistake

Three Words I Long to Say to You

A/N: Here's the weekly update i've promised! Managed to squeeze out a chapter though i'm extremely tired and i think i'm really having a block. Sigh... Btw guys, go listen to Mamamoo's new single - I Miss You! It has been on repeat on my phone, no regrets.

As always, the four stayed back to do extra training even after all their teammates left, including their coach.

"We're going to Sone Café for dinner Yul. We are going to have a bath first." Taeyeon shouted to Yuri who was still training. 

Ignoring Taeyeon, Yuri continued with her shooting drills.

"Silence means consent Yul. Wait for us!" Taeyeon yelled again, heading into the locker room with the two youngsters.

After showering, they walked out of the locker room but did not see Yuri at the gym anymore. Her bag was gone too. 

"Not hungry. You guys go ahead and eat. I'm heading out. Don't stay up to wait for me I won't be going home early. Car keys are in your bag, Yoona." Yoona read out from a piece of post-it she found on her bag. 

"Damn it! We shouldn't have left her here alone... I should have expected that this would happen... She doesn’t even have her car with her right now." Taeyeon groaned in despair. 

--

Yuri clutched onto the sling of her duffel bag tighter and started walking. She left her car keys in Yoona’s bag so that they could head to the café more conveniently. The three of them did not have to squeeze into one convertible, as only Yuri and Sooyoung drove to school that day. Besides, she did not plan to go anywhere. Instead, she just headed to where her feet would take her.

After around half an hour of walking, she arrived at the beach. Walking nearer to the sea, she dropped her bag onto the sand. Taking a deep breath, she inhaled the salt-smelling air and sat down. 

"What a day..." Yuri mumbled. 

She was enjoying the view and the cooling breeze before a familiar voice resounded behind her. 

"Yuri...." She turned around and saw Jessica.                                 

She was obviously not alone. Beside her was Ok Taecyeon. 

Anger started to build up in her when she saw him.

"What are you doing here?" Yuri asked, fuming. All this while, it was hard for her to control her anger and her overprotectiveness.

"I’m taking a walk with my lovely girlfriend after dinner of course." Taecyeon replied, emphasizing on the word 'girlfriend'. 

"Right. Now go have your walk." Yuri rolled her eyes angrily at him. 

"Let's go babe…"

As soon as Yuri saw him smirking at her deliberately and wrapping his arms around Jessica, she couldn’t hold it in anymore. Not when she knew he had an agenda for dating Jessica.

"Bastard!” Yuri lunged at him, punching him in the face. 

"Yul!" Jessica shouted in shock. 

"Get your dirty hands anyway from her! Go find someone else to play with!" Yuri shouted, anger taking over her. 

She was grabbing his collar and punching him. When Taecyeon managed to block one of her punches, he immediately acted quickly and countered her attacks. Tackling her, he had the upper hand in their fight. Yuri’s mind was clouded. She wanted to beat him up badly for what he’d done, or rather, what he’d do to Jessica. Gathering her strength, she managed to flip them over. Suddenly, she felt herself being pulled up. Struggling, she turned her head to find that Sooyoung and Yoona were the ones grabbing her.

“Let me go!” Yuri ordered.

As the two were afraid, the grip on her arms loosened, and she immediately lunged at Taecyeon again.

"Yul! Are you out of your mind?!" Taeyeon rushed in front of her and pushed her back.

Before she could reply, she felt a sharp pain on her cheek.

"Are you crazy Kwon Yuri?! What is wrong with you? You’re skilled in Taekwondo, but he’s not! You could have killed him!” Jessica screamed at her.

After hearing her words, all Yuri could see was red. She couldn’t understand why she was siding him instead. She was jealous.

“At least I managed to beat him up once before.” Yuri smirked and wiped the blood off the cut that had reopened.

Taking the chance that Taecyeon let his guard down and that Taeyeon was not holding her back again, she lunged at Taecyeon once more. With fast reflexes, Taeyeon and Sooyoung managed to pull her back.

"Yul!" Taeyeon scolded.

However, Yuri kept struggling in their grip but it was to no avail.

"C'mon babe let's go." Taecyeon took Jessica's hand and quickly walked away. 

After they disappeared, Taeyeon and Sooyoung finally let go.

"Why are you guys here?! Why did you pull me back? I told you to leave me alone." Yuri shouted at them, frustrated.

"Are you crazy Yul? If we let you continue hitting that guy, either one of you would end up in the hospital! That person would most probably be you since he's obviously stronger, and you’re not in your right mind right now!"

I grunted in frustration and walked away. 

"Yul! Where are you going again?" 

"Somewhere. Don't bother finding me this time. And don't worry I’m not going to look for that bastard and beat him up again." Yuri said and walked away. 

"Should we go after her unnie?" Yoona turned to look at Taeyeon. 

"Let's just give her some time to cool off. Let's go back first..."  Taeyeon sighed in defeat.

After all, she was still feeling a bit unwell. School for the whole day and training had obviously drained the remaining of her energy.

The car ride back was silent. Taeyeon and Yoona rode on Yuri’s car with Yoona driving, and Sooyoung drove her own car back. All of them were worried for Yuri, but they could not do anything either. They knew that she needed time to cool down, or she’ll just push them away again.

"Go to sleep first you two. It's late. I'll wait for her..." Taeyeon volunteered as they entered the house. 

Yoona retaliated, saying that she’ll be the one to wait up. Taeyeon was still sick, and needed lots of rest. She initially disagreed, but after much pleading from Yoona and Sooyoung offering to rotate between the both of them, Taeyeon finally gave in.

--

“Yuri unnie!” Yoona exclaimed in delight when she saw Yuri stepping into the house at 2am.

“I told you not to wait up, didn’t I…?” Yuri clumsily kicked off her shoes, staggering her way into the house.

Yoona immediately ran over to help her, the strong alcohol stench immediately hitting her. Deciding not to question, Yoona helped her back into her room, changing her into a fresh set of clothes. Though she was tired, she patiently wiped clean the cuts and bruises on Yuri’s body, carefully bandaging them and making sure that she does not wake Yuri up.

“T-Thank you, Yoong… Sorry…” Yuri struggled to sit up while Yoona was cleaning the cuts on her arm.

Smiling warmly, Yoona helped her sit up. “It’s okay, unnie. I understand. After all, I once went after Seohyun and had my fair share of jealousy and anger.”

Clutching onto her head to try suppress her headache, she sighed.

“Get some rest unnie, you shouldn’t have drank.”

“Yoong.” Yuri called out as she was leaving.

Turning around, Yuri moved over on her bed, patting the space beside her.

“Night, unnie.” Yoona gently pecked Yuri’s cheek, lying beside her.

“Goodnight, Yoona. And thank you.”