Answers

Three Words I Long to Say to You

“Yuri…”

Sighing, Yuri looked up, right into Jessica’s eyes.

“I’m pretty sure you’re not here because you care, you never really did. Do whatever you want, ask whatever you want – you can even hit me. I’ll comply with everything. I’ll say only the truth, whether you like it or not.”

Yuri’s heart ached as the words came out of . She hurt to have to talk to her princess like that, but thinking about her brother’s words, she needed to stay firm on her opinion. Jessica was shocked after hearing Yuri speak. It was one of those extremely rare occasions where Yuri would use a firm tone on her.

“I… I care, Yuri. I’m sorry for slapping you the other day, I was too rash… Are your cuts okay now?” She carefully approached Yuri and cupped the cheek that she’d slapped, caressing it.

Don’t waver, Kwon Yuri. Don’t you ing dare get weak.

“What are you here for exactly, Sica? I’m fine, if you really wanted to know.” Yuri pulled Jessica’s hand away from her face.

Hearing Yuri speak, it was as if a knife had pierced through her heart. She was happy enough that Yuri still called her ‘Sica’.

Hesistating, she wondered if she really wanted to know the reason. Whether she would able to take what Yuri will say – will it be too harsh on her?

Taking a deep breath, she decided to ask. “Yuri, I-I… I overheard the conversation between Jiyong oppa and him teammate. He said that Taecyeon was the one who paid him to injure you on purpose. I want to know why. It’s definitely more than what it seems it is.”

Sighing again, Yuri ruffled her own hair. Things looked like they were getting more and more complicated, and she was really unsure if she should tell her. To follow her brother’s advice, or to not follow it?

“I’m ready to listen to everything you say, Yul. I need to know who I’m dating. And if it’s the right decision.” Jessica spoke up after seeing how conflicted Yuri was.

Yuri chuckled bitterly after hearing the word ‘dating’.

Can’t you date me instead?

“If you want to know, it’s not the right decision. And the reason for me saying that, including why he paid off Taeyang, there are three.”

Jessica was once again shocked at Yuri’s bluntness. She knew her, along with the others, for the longest time, yet she didn’t support her relationship. She was about to burst at Yuri again, when she remembered Taeyeon’s words. Inwardly sighing, she chided herself for not being patient and understanding enough.

“Firstly, I’m sure you know about our university’s and JYPU’s rivalry. Sorry but not sorry, he’s an arrogant bastard. Sure, he’s a great basketballer, I admit, but do you think someone who has no sportsmanship and is not humble can go far? He orders his teammates around and bribes people. Look, Taeyang is a good example. He flaunts his money, and honestly, I wouldn’t date anyone who is proud, rude, and arrogant.”

“…”

“Remember, I’ve said that I’ll speak the truth, whether you believe or not. You can leave if you don’t want to listen anymore, or you can hit me if you think I’m too overboard. I believe I am not.”

“Just... Just continue. I won’t do any of the above.”

“Secondly, long story short, he has an intention for dating you. Jiyong oppa wanted to tell me this, Taecyeon dates people who likes him and shows interests in him to get into their pants easily. Besides, with his money and power, he abuses them and make people shut up. Not enough evidence? Remember that say we met at the café, I saw him at the park after that. He was with his teammates, talking about a plan, and how gullible someone was for falling and believing in him easily. I wanted to go at him straight away when I heard, but Taeyeon and the others held me back. Unluckily for your dear boyfriend, he came at me instead and it was the first time we fought. The second time, you were there, and I couldn’t stand him so near you, knowing that he had a plan. Both times, you would say I had the upper hand, probably why he go Taeyang to injure me. To get revenge and to hopefully disable me form playing till the finals.”

“A-Are you sure? He had been nothing but nice to me… He doesn’t seem like the type.”

“I told you, it’s up to you to believe me, I’m quite sure of what I’d seen and heard.”

Was she supposed to believe her, her childhood friend, her protector, or was she supposed to believe him, her boyfriend, whom doesn’t seem to match what she’d said?

“The third reason…” Yuri chuckled.

Was it the right time to tell her? Or would it just make things worse?

C’mon, Kwon Yuri. You’re a Kwon, time to man up!

“You really want to know?” Yuri asked once more. Her mind screams no while her heart pushes a yes.

Jessica nodded hesitantly, seeing that Yuri was wary too. Taking it as an encouragement, her heart decided to speak for her.

--

It was still air between Taeyeon and Tiffany the whole walk to the school’s café. Both felt extremely awkward after the teasing from the rest. It didn’t help that Sunny knew of Tiffany feeling’s for Taeyeon.

“What do you guys want? My treat!” Jiyong pulled out his wallet.

“It’s fine, oppa. We hardly meet yet you want to pay for our drinks when we do.” Taeyeon rejected his offer.

“A bunch of pretty ladies and my sister’s closest friends. How can I not? Just take it as a token of gratitude for taking care of that handful.” He laughed and patted Taeyeon’s head.

“If so, let me go and get the drinks then. You can stay here and rest. I bet you’re tired from the game too, oppa.” Tiffany volunteered, wanting to avoid Taeyeon.

After contemplating for a while, Jiyong agreed and handed a wad of cash to Tiffany. Tiffany left with their orders, and the remaining started their little catch up. 

“Hey, I’ll go over to help her. I don’t think she’ll be able to carry everything.” Taeyeon said and stood up.

Walking over to the collection point, she saw Tiffany back facing her and decided to a little. Grinning, she hastily walked over and gently put her arm around Tiffany’s waist sneakily, intending to poke her. Alarmed, Tiffany immediately turned around and pushed the person back.

“Ow…” Taeyeon groaned as her back hit the pillar behind her.

“Oh god, Taeyeon! You scared me! I’m sorry, are you okay?” Tiffany stepped closer.

Worried, Tiffany didn’t notice the near lack of space between them. She leaned even closer, and Taeyeon had never realised how pretty Tiffany was until then. Her skin was flawless, not too fair but not too tan too. All her features were well formed, and Taeyeon felt her breath leave her. She’d never realised that Tiffany was that perfect.

“I-I’m okay…” Taeyeon gripped onto Tiffany’s hand and made space between them. The scent of Tiffany’s perfume still lingered. Though she didn’t mind Tiffany being that close to her longer, she wasn’t sure that she would be able to keep her hands to herself.

Their number was called and the awkwardness between them was gone with another ‘sorry’ from Tiffany as they collected the cups of drinks. Lagging behind Tiffany as they walked back, Taeyeon stared at the back of Tiffany’s head a little too dreamily. As she put down the cups and sat down, Taeyeon placed a hand over her chest, trying to calm her still rapidly beating heart. On the other hand, Tiffany had long forgotten the embarrassment and the ‘plan’ to ignore Taeyeon.

A/N: This is earlier than midnight--what i've promised. I hope this is not to ty, my brain isn't working and my eyes are closing. Thank you for the support you guys gave, i really appreciate it. I'll try my best to balance my studies and trainings and writing this story to the best that i can. Update will probably be once every two weeks or around there. If you guys are lucky (means my teachers decide to be nice) then i can update once a week. Once again, thanks for the support and encouragement, means alot to me and helps me press on. Really really love you guys.