Found

Three Words I Long to Say to You

A/N: Check out the previous chapter in case you haven't. Double update today!

 

"How is the plan going?"

"She's totally falling for it. How can she be so gullible? I didn't really do much and she totally fell for me. I guess I’m just irresistible." This earned chuckles from his friends. 

Yuri was about to step forward, but was held back by Taeyeon. The four of them decided to take a walk to help them digest the huge amount of food they ate. Unfortunately, as they were walking past the park, they heard a familiar voice. The new information they learnt about triggered a reaction in Yuri.

“What are you doing? Let go!” Yuri gritted her teeth and struggled against Taeyeon’s grip.

“You don’t know who he is talking about, Yul. What if it’s not Jessica? It could be one of his flings.” Taeyeon reasoned.

“Taeyeon unnie is right. Being too rash might get you into trouble, unnie.”

“So what if it’s one of his flings? He’s still cheating on Sica that way. He needs a lesson.” Yuri continued struggling against Taeyeon’s grip.

She might be small, but her strength is not to be messed with.

“No. Let’s go.”

Taeyeon started dragging Yuri away from the area, resisting Yuri’s constant shoves and struggling.

"Well, look who is it? It's Kwon and her buddies. Nice to see you again Yuri, enjoyed lunch?" Taecyeon smirked.

Taeyeon’s grip loosened, and Yuri pushed her arm away. She clenched her fists.

“Nice to see you too, Taecyeon. I had a great lunch, thanks for asking. Though I feel like puking now, after hearing your disgusting confession.” Yuri gritted her teeth.

“Confession? You must be joking. Everybody knows I’m playing her, except her of course. She’s too in love with me to see it. What about it Kwon? Heartbroken to see your crush taken by your enemy?”

Yuri clenched her fist tighter, so tight that her nails were making markings on her skin. How did he know about her crush on Jessica?

Taecyeon chuckled. “You see Kwon, why would she fall for you? Her childhood friend, a girl even. Wouldn’t she be disgusted instead? Besides, you have no achievements for her to be proud of. Why would she stick with someone as embarrassing as you?”

Before he could continue on, her fist struck his face.

 “You’ve got guts Kwon!” He smirked, wiping blood off the corner of his lips.

He raised his fist, but his actions were easily predicted. Yuri caught his fist mid-air, and punched him in the stomach.

“ you, !” He yelled as he stumbled backwards

He continued attacking, but most of his attacks were slow and easily predictable. Yuri, being a woman, was faster in attacking, especially since she ever took up taekwondo as a hobby when she was younger. Though she had the upper hand, she hardly countered his attacks, not wanting Jessica to find out. Even when she did, she hit him in places where his clothes could cover.

His teammates pulled him away after a while and he struggled against their grip. Taeyeon, who couldn’t stand it anymore, held onto Yuri with the help of Yoona and Sooyoung.

“ you Kwon! Just you wait!” He shouted as his teammates pulled him away.

"Overconfident...." Taeyeon mumbled.

Yuri pushed the three of them away and straightened her clothes. She wiped the blood off her cheek, the only place she was hit. There was a deep cut, since Taecyeon was wearing a ring.

Once they reached home and Taeyeon parked the car, Yuri was the first to get out. She went up to her room and changed into her sports attire. The other three watched as she walked to the backyard where their personal court was. One, to train, and two, to release pent up some stress and anger. The three of them knew her well enough and knew that she didn’t want to be disturbed. They decided to give her some space and some time to think.

After two hours or so of practicing, the sky started to darken and dark clouds loomed above. Not bothering about it, Yuri continued practicing, determined to beat Taecyeon’s team that year. She needed to wipe that overconfident smirk of his face. She needed to have the last laugh. She needed to show him that she wasn’t an underachiever like he claimed. Soon, droplets of water being to fall. Slowly at first, but it soon began to get heavier. Yuri sat down on the court, panting, letting herself get drenched. Throwing the ball away in a random direction, she shouted in frustration, falling flat on the ground.

From the inside of the house, Taeyeon watched Yuri and sighed. She could literally hear the sound of her best friend’s heart breaking, slowly but surely. Her heart ached the second time for her friend. She knew how stressed she was. Firstly, from the new information that they just heard. Secondly, from the basketball competition that was nearing. Taking an umbrella, she stepped out of their back door towards the basketball court.

--

“I know what you’re thinking Kwon Yul, but you better not approach her if you want to keep the friendship. I’m not saying that it’s the right thing to do, but it’s the best thing to do. You don’t know what Taecyeon is up to. If he tells her that you like her, and that you beat him up, she’ll be sure to not trust you. She’ll think that you’re out to break them up. Even if he doesn’t say anything, she still won’t trust you totally.”

“…”

“Yuri, I care for you. I don’t want to see you hurt anymore. I know you care for her too. But this time, there’s nothing you can do. She will get her heart broken before she sees the truth.”

Taeyeon sighed at the lack of response. After much begging and getting drenched under the rain, she finally managed to get Yuri back into the house. Though she brought an umbrella out with her, it was deemed useless in the end. Both of them came back drenched.

She shook her head and took out the first aid kit from the cabinet. Taking out the antiseptic cream, she applied some on the cut on Yuri’s cheek, before placing a plaster on it.

“Go wash up first Yul. It’s not the time to fall sick when competitions are arriving. I’ll get Yoona and Sooyoung to cook dinner.” Taeyeon sighed for the nth time that day and ushered Yuri into the bathroom.

She threw the wet towels into the laundry basket. At the same time, she ordered Sooyoung to get some fresh clothes and a towel for Yuri, and Yoona to get into the kitchen to cook dinner. Thankfully, the two youngsters understood the situation and listened to her promptly.

“What do I do about you, Yul…?” Taeyeon lowered her head and combed her fingers through her wet hair.

--

“She’s going to get it from me, I swear…”

“Man… That girl is sure feisty.”

“Khun, do you know when their first match is?”

“I’m not sure, probably a week or slightly more from now. Why?”

“Go find out when it is, and who are their opponents. I’m going to make her regret what she’d done.”

“Taec, I don’t think you should --”

“Get it done as soon as you can.” Taecyeon growled back at him.