Saved

Three Words I Long to Say to You

All of a sudden, she felt the rough hands on her let go, she heard lots of shouting, before someone embraced her.

“Get off me!” Seohyun shouted and started struggling, trying to kick and punch the person hugging her.

The person tried to grab onto her hands, making her struggle even more. “It’s me, look, it’s me. Hyun–ah, you’re fine now. Don’t worry, it’s me, Yoong.”

Hearing Yoona’s voice, she stopped struggling and threw her arms over Yoona’s neck. “T-Thank god you picked up, Yoong… Sun-Sunny unnie…?” She immediately looked up to look for the said girl. Her eyes were watery and Yoona was able to tell that she was trying her best to hold back her tears.

To her left was Sunny in Sooyoung’s arms, her body covered in a jacket. She was crying and it seems like she wouldn’t stop anytime soon. Sooyoung was trying her best to calm her down.

Yoona sighed inwardly and leaned forward, gently placing a kiss on Seohyun’s temple.

“C’mon, let’s get you out of here okay?” Yoona helped a still shaking Seohyun up, glacing at Sooyoung who decided to carry Sunny bridal style.

Emotionally exhausted, Sunny didn’t bother to retaliate and wrapped her arms around Sooyoung’s neck instead, burying her face into Sooyoung’s chest. Yoona opened the door for Seohyun first, being going over to help Sooyoung and Sunny into the backseat of the car. She then hopped into the driver’s side, heading towards Sunny’s and Seohyun’s home. As she was driving, she held onto Seohyun’s hand the whole time and constantly checked to rear-view mirror to see how Sunny was doing. Drawing imaginary circles on the back of Seohyun’s hand, she brought their connected hands up to kiss the back of the latter’s hand as a form of comfort.

--

Sunny woke up with a jolt, forehead dripping with sweat, hands shaking. Breathing heavily, she gripped the blanket of her bed tightly.

“Are you okay?” The door to her room opened after slight knocks.

“Y-Yeah… I-I…” She hesitated, not being sure of the best choice of words at that time.

“Here, have some water.” The figure stepped into the room and passed Sunny the cup of water in her hands.

She dragged herself a chair, comfortably settling down in it beside Sunny’s bed.

“Your… Your clothes were ripped so I threw them away. D-Don’t worry! I wasn’t the one who changed you, Jessica did. I-I didn’t see anything, I-I just—”

Giggling a little, Sunny found the sight of a frustrated Sooyoung amusing, and she might add, extremely adorable.

“It’s okay… Thank you. If it wasn’t because of you…” Sunny cut off Sooyoung’s ramblings.

“No problem.” Sooyoung flashed a smile. “Get some sleep, I’ll be outside if you need me.” She stood up and placed the chair to where it was previously.

As she was leaving, she felt a grip on her wrist.

“D-Do you mind s-staying with me, Soo? I-I don’t think I can sleep alone…” The thought of the nightmare she had earlier sent chills down her spine.

“Sure.” Sooyoung flashed a smile and grabbed the chair that she returned a minute ago.

“What are you doing?”

“You asked me to stay with you didn’t you?” Sooyoung gave her a quizzical look

Sunny blushed a little thinking about her next request. She thanked the lords that it was dark and Sooyoung couldn’t see her flushed face.

“D-Do you mind…?” Her voice was almost like a whisper, as she moved over, patting the little space left on her bed.

Silently, Sooyoung tried to make herself as comfortable as she could on Sunny’s bed. After all, sharing a bed with someone that she wasn’t the closest to did not feel comfortable.

“Sleep.”

Unconsciously, Sunny scooted a little closer to Sooyoung, resting her head on her chest, arms wrapping tightly around her waist.

“Sorry, I’m still scared…” Suuny apologised after feeling the awkwardness between them.

Shaking her head, Sooyoung pulled Sunny closer to her, understanding her fears. Lightly kissing the top of her head, Sooyoung muttered ‘Goodnight’. Sunny smiled, feeling at ease under Sooyoung’s warmth.

This is why I hate guys. They are just a bunch of s with evil intentions.

--

The next morning, Sooyoung woke up feeling the heat of the sun in her face. Groaning, she opened her eyes, only to realise that her surroundings definitely doesn’t look like those of her own room.

Where am I did I screw someone over last night… oh right, I’m at Sunny’s.

Her heart skipped a little when she realised that she was tucked in and placed in a more comfortable position than she was in last night. She climbed out of Sunny’s bed unwillingly and headed to the bathroom to wash up.

--

“Are you feeling better?”

Sunny jumped in shock, but blushed when she saw who it was.

“Y-Yeah… Thanks for last night…”

“No problem.” Sooyoung flashed a smile at her.

“Where are the rest?”

“Jessica and Tiffany went for lunch together. Yoona brought Seohyun to her parents’. They wanted to see her to make sure she’s safe.”

“Do you want me to drive you home? I’m sure your parents will be glad to see you. Maybe you should talk to them too.” Sooyoung suggested.

“O-Okay…”

--

“We are here.” Sooyoung lightly poked Sunny’s side, waking her up from her daydream.

“Thank you, Soo. Really.” Sunny smiled weakly.

“It’s alright. It’s your welfare that matters.”

Sunny felt her heart skip a beat at that moment, while Sooyoung mentally slapped herself.

“Anyway, call me when you need me to pick you up alright? I’ll just go around the mall nearby.” She started her engine again, preparing to drive off once Sunny got off.

“Are you not coming in…?”

 “Nope. Er… I’m just going to get some food, do you need any?” She grinned sheepishly

“I’m sure my mum has some food prepared—“

“Soonkyu-ah, is that you?” A middle-aged lady poked her head out of the door.

“Umma!” Sunny shouted excitedly.

“Just come in, Soo.” She leaned over to reach for the car keys, pulling it out so that Sooyoung wouldn’t be able to leave.

“Hey! Give me back my keys!” Sooyoung shouted after Sunny slammed the door on her.

“Umma!” Sunny repeated, jumping into her mother’s embrace.

Sighing, Sooyoung stepped out of the car. As she turned, she saw the mother-daughter interaction and smiled a little.

“I guess it was a good idea to bring her here…” She mumbled to herself.

“Sooyoung!” Mrs Lee smiled after seeing her step out of the car.

“Morning Mrs Lee.” Sooyoung smiled and bowed a little.

“Don’t need to be so formal with me, Sooyoung. Umma would do.” She smiled and patted Sooyoung’s shoulder.

--

“Daniel! Your daughter is here! With someone else too!” Umma Lee teased.

“Umma! It’s not what you think, we’re just friends. She offered to send me back, nothing more.” Sunny whined, pouting a little.

Cute. Wait… What?

“Yeah, Mrs- I mean Umma, it’s nothing.” Sooyoung blushed a little, scratching the back of her head.

Sunny felt that the way Sooyoung called her mum sounded nice for some reason. She also felt her heart clench a little when Sooyoung said that ‘it’s nothing’.

What is wrong with you Lee Soonkyu, get a hold on yourself!

“Sunny! I’m so glad you came back to visit us. How are you? Still as sunny as ever?” Mr Lee joked, walking over to give his daughter a tight hug.

“I missed you too, Appa.” Sunny laughed and returned the hug.

“Is this the one?” Mr Lee asked in a teasing tone as they separated from the hug.

“Appa! Both of you are the same!” Sunny huffed a little, crossing her arms.

Sooyoung could only grin at their interaction and Mr Lee’s tease.

“I’m kidding.” He laughed, kissing her on her temple.

“How are you Sooyoung-ah?” Mr Lee directed his attention to her.

“I’m great, Sir. How about you? You look younger since the last time I saw you.” Sooyoung bowed in respect.

“You speak like we haven’t met before, kid. Or like Sunny’s girlfriend. Just call me Appa, like Sunny does.”

“Aniyo, I’m not her girlfriend, Appa.” Sooyoung smiled. “She’s too pretty to be around me.”

“Wow such a sweet talker aren’t you?” Mrs Lee giggled.

“Not as sweet as you are.” She grinned. “I think you’re prettier than your own daughter Umma.”

“Choi Sooyoung stop flirting with my mother!” Sunny punched Sooyoung on her arm.

Out of jealousy maybe?